logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2023 8:38:54 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
If possible, inform user about Connection progress. That is, "Waiting for meeting to be started", "Waiting for admission", "Asking to record meeting", etc.

For example, when vMix restarts after a settings change it is easy to forget that the host must admit the vMix participant. Instead one gets an error message after a long time...

Or, worse, if vMix is joining a meeting in someone's Personal room with the proper credentials, the Zoom Input/s is/are just blank until the meeting is started by the host.

Also, sometimes when the Meeting ID does not exist the response in the Input/s is/are first "Connecting...", then followed by "Click here to Connect" without any error message.

A few times, after clicking "OK" in the Connection (or "Zoom setup" window), I got an error message in the first Zoom Input and the other two Zoom Inputs displayed "Click here to Connect". I have tried to replicate, but I have experimented with so many variants (Personal Rooms, bad/missing ID/pw etc) that I do not remember which combo caused that behaviour.