logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MitchDevlin  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2023 9:23:24 AM(UTC)
MitchDevlin

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if I had the advanced version of NDI could I bring in 4 camera sources to my V-Mix production without having any hard wired or wifi connection to my streaming computer?

for example I would like to have 4 separate cameras out on locations all simultaneously sending a signal back to my production trailer without being on location? we currently have teradek Vidiu-x encoders but I am unsure if these are compatible with NDI? any and all information regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Mitch.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2023 8:07:07 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
AFAIK, the "Advanced" version of NDI refers to the SDK only, of which there is a standard (free) version and an advanced ($$$$$) version with additional functions not included in the standard SDK. So you'd only need it if you're creating your own NDI software applications or hardware devices.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
MitchDevlin on 8/29/2023(UTC)
nikosman88  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2023 12:10:22 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitchDevlin Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if I had the advanced version of NDI could I bring in 4 camera sources to my V-Mix production without having any hard wired or wifi connection to my streaming computer?

for example I would like to have 4 separate cameras out on locations all simultaneously sending a signal back to my production trailer without being on location? we currently have teradek Vidiu-x encoders but I am unsure if these are compatible with NDI? any and all information regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Mitch.

Hello. I see that these encoders don't support ndi. A solution is to try to use rtmpminiserver that gives you rtmp connections that your encoder supports,and from rtmpminiserver to ndi and then vmix. If you have public ip with the right ports opened you can use it directly. If not you have to use a proxy server either the program has or make your proxy in a vps server. It is quite expensive this program but it worth. I used it for about 20 days with my own proxy server to bring into vmix 2 mobile phones and it was perfect.another solution is to bring the rtmp directly to vmix
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
victormarcel  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2023 9:52:56 PM(UTC)
victormarcel

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MitchDevlin Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone,

cheers,
Mitch.

To use NDI, your cameras would need to be NDI-enabled or have an NDI converter/encoder attached to them. Cameras with built-in NDI support or external NDI converters are required to send NDI streams to your vMix setup.
thanks 1 user thanked victormarcel for this useful post.