logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeanEmer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 3:54:45 AM(UTC)
SeanEmer

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey guys! I'm new to UTC but see a lot of potential in it. What I'm trying to do right now is build a live scoreboard/vote tallying graphic, where a panel of 8 guests will vote between two options (Left and Right). I'd like to have an image of the panelist who votes to appear beneath either the Left option or Right option. I have built it like this between three GT Titles:

Key 1: Main scoreboard with total vote tally and Left/Right names
Key 2: Left Side panelist cutouts with positions 1 through 8 fired on pages 1-8, using image sources "LS1, LS2, LS3," etc
Key 3: Right Side panelist cutouts with positions 1 through 8 fired on pages 1-8, using image sources "RS1, RS2, RS3," etc

In UTC I have built buttons to fire each slot for each side, and it increments the appropriate score as well. So Clicking "Vote 1 Left" will animate Page 1 of the Key 2 input ("LeftVotes.gtzip"), which makes the LS1 image animate into the right spot on the scoreboard. Once a second person votes for the Left option, I click Vote 2 Left, and the 2nd image animates in.

What I am struggling with is an intuitive way to select the image source for each of these slots. I have 16 total images to define between 8 choices each. What I'd like is a dropdown box next to each Vote button to select who occupies it.

However, the only way I know to change the image is through data source linking in vMix, and then controlling that active row in UTC. The only options I have in UTC for that are Next, Previous, and Select Index for it. Is there a way to get a dropdown selector for the available options in a Data source?

I tried making a Data source widget, but I don't understand how to use it. Same for a list widget. I can make it link to the data source widget, but I don't understand how to use that to effect anything else.

Thanks all!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 4:15:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SeanEmer Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys! I'm new to UTC but see a lot of potential in it. What I'm trying to do right now is build a live scoreboard/vote tallying graphic, where a panel of 8 guests will vote between two options (Left and Right). I'd like to have an image of the panelist who votes to appear beneath either the Left option or Right option. I have built it like this between three GT Titles:

Key 1: Main scoreboard with total vote tally and Left/Right names
Key 2: Left Side panelist cutouts with positions 1 through 8 fired on pages 1-8, using image sources "LS1, LS2, LS3," etc
Key 3: Right Side panelist cutouts with positions 1 through 8 fired on pages 1-8, using image sources "RS1, RS2, RS3," etc

In UTC I have built buttons to fire each slot for each side, and it increments the appropriate score as well. So Clicking "Vote 1 Left" will animate Page 1 of the Key 2 input ("LeftVotes.gtzip"), which makes the LS1 image animate into the right spot on the scoreboard. Once a second person votes for the Left option, I click Vote 2 Left, and the 2nd image animates in.

What I am struggling with is an intuitive way to select the image source for each of these slots. I have 16 total images to define between 8 choices each. What I'd like is a dropdown box next to each Vote button to select who occupies it.

However, the only way I know to change the image is through data source linking in vMix, and then controlling that active row in UTC. The only options I have in UTC for that are Next, Previous, and Select Index for it. Is there a way to get a dropdown selector for the available options in a Data source?

I tried making a Data source widget, but I don't understand how to use it. Same for a list widget. I can make it link to the data source widget, but I don't understand how to use that to effect anything else.

Thanks all!

Do you have a visualization of this pls ( just to be clear what you are tryig to say )
Me think you also have to consider using a script
Changing an imaga an be directlty, no limited to a datasource
So how many buttons do you have in use now ?