logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AMP2TV  
#141 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 5:00:09 PM(UTC)
AMP2TV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not to hijack this thread but I thought I would post here.
After using the latest version of MacJaeger's controller, I found it to be quite unstable and a bit odd in some ways. Thankfully, he has kindly provided the source code, so I built a new version with some enhancements.

Download vScheduler
Most of the changes are in the controller, removing the connect button, and any sense of "connections." Mostly because the vMix api doesn't work that way. Small hiccups resulted in a "disconnect" which then would halt the schedule. This new version assumes vMix is running and the interface is accessible.

Aside from that, it also looks a little cleaner.
UserPostedImage

The manager also has a few nit-picky fixes, but otherwise functions exactly the same.
Source code is also available for those that would like to look at my changes: Source
thanks 3 users thanked AMP2TV for this useful post.
asvtv on 1/6/2014(UTC), atpt on 1/8/2014(UTC), 237dominique on 6/14/2021(UTC)
macjaeger  
#142 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 5:07:01 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hey, i'm glad some one decided to continue where i left! I officially appreciate you doing so ;-)

While you are working on it: take a look at the code that removes items from the list after they are done playing, there obviosly is a bug that sometimes crashes vMixController with an .net error due to a null reference - took me a while to locate it, and didn't get fixed since then...

Have fun!
AMP2TV  
#143 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:04:19 PM(UTC)
AMP2TV

macjaeger wrote:
Hey, i'm glad some one decided to continue where i left! I officially appreciate you doing so ;-)

While you are working on it: take a look at the code that removes items from the list after they are done playing, there obviosly is a bug that sometimes crashes vMixController with an .net error due to a null reference - took me a while to locate it, and didn't get fixed since then...

Any details you can share in terms of finding the bug? I've hit it a few times and haven't had any luck tracking it down.
macjaeger  
#144 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:19:49 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

I couldn't track it myself, as it only happens randomly; but a user running the programm for a church helped me track it down to the RemoveEvent(vMixEvent evnt) procedure in vMixControler.cs . This procedure sometimes raises System.NullReferenceException, i guess this happens when the vMixEvent object evnt is removed twice or an empty reference is passed. This could happen due to a number of things, e.g. reloading the schedule at the exact moment when the evnt is to be killed anyway (reloading removes past evnts as well). For the time being i just catch'ed the event silently ...

If you need any information about my code, don't hesitate to ask - i was too lazy to properly document it, i guess...

MaC
Damn2Good4U  
#145 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:50:59 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
This is really great...

Weldone AMP2TV and thanks Mac.

I hope this is likely to be compatible with ver.12 coming...
snowblind1977  
#146 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:55:01 PM(UTC)
snowblind1977

thank you to suggest me this, but before I start to try can you just tell me if I can alternate 4 cameras 1-2 minutes each during the day keeping titles and logo overlay and then at 6pm switch to several videos until 8 am keeping the same titles and logo? is it possible to program 24 hours and repeat that program everyday without reprogramming?
thank you very much
macjaeger  
#147 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 6:02:07 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Overlays you set manually in vMix will stay on, vMixController doesn't touch overlays. Scheduling cameras to switch every 1 or 2 minutes is possible (using "input" event), but not very effective - you'd get an extremely jammed event list. Repeating a daily schedule is not possible (yet), you'd have to schedule the whole day again and again (you could schedule one day, save the schedule, then load it a number of times - still much work though).

For your very special purpose one could write a dedicated programm that does just the switching of the cameras day after day after day, and use vMixScheduler only for the scheduled videos between 6pm and 8am. Will the scheduled videos be the same each night?
AMP2TV  
#148 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 2:05:16 AM(UTC)
AMP2TV

Just as a final update on the project, we've setup a GitHub with source code and binaries for all. So you can keep track of it there.

https://github.com/Tim-R/vScheduler

Some more work has gone into finding uncaught exceptions crashing bugs. So far no other problems have been found.
macjaeger  
#149 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 8:38:55 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Well done!

I've also been busy, adapting my earlier version to the needs of a (pro bono) "customer", who has been test driving the software for weeks now. Apart from the problem described in my earlier post there has not been any other unresolved bugs so far.

We changed the loading of the schedule so that it will only load a couple of hours ahead (to keep the list short) and periodically updates the list as time passes. We also added functionality to keep the lists in Controler and Manager synchronized. And the "customer" did a great job designing custom buttons and icons to make the software look a bit more modern...

We added no new functionality though, in fact we removed several media elements that they don't need, in order to clean up the interface. Looks good now!

UserPostedImage
GBIM  
#150 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 1:36:58 PM(UTC)
GBIM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cool! but somethings omitted; Once Controller is connected the operator should be restricted from interrupting the vmix once it's not in operator mode and even it interrupted it should have log to place the error that occurred when it is active
AMP2TV  
#151 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 5:41:17 PM(UTC)
AMP2TV

GBIM wrote:
Cool! but somethings omitted; Once Controller is connected the operator should be restricted from interrupting the vmix once it's not in operator mode and even it interrupted it should have log to place the error that occurred when it is active

Due to the way the Rest API is in vMix, I don't think this is possible.
artciukas  
#152 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 3:30:29 PM(UTC)
artciukas

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hallo,

This scheduler is powerful thing, but i have one question.
Can i posible use overlay channels?
for example
one clip play with overlay (with logo or other graphics) other without.
If not maybe can add this function.

Thanks

macjaeger  
#153 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:00:37 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

you can manually set overlays, but we can't assign them through API
LG  
#154 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:04:41 PM(UTC)
LG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
great app

but did anyone add the goto beginning playlist option to it?
then you can use vmix as a 24x7 video playout machine for like a 24x7 channel.

this is the only thing i miss reading about the sheduler.

or is this already implemented
macjaeger  
#155 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:55:53 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Do you know a Web API function to do that?
Damn2Good4U  
#156 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:32:37 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hello @macjaeger and @amp2tv

I was wondering if there's any plan of updating the vMix scheduler to working with version 12 of vMix.

Regards,
Rottimmy
majama  
#157 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:09:28 PM(UTC)
majama

macjaeger wrote:
Well done!

I've also been busy, adapting my earlier version to the needs of a (pro bono) "customer", who has been test driving the software for weeks now. Apart from the problem described in my earlier post there has not been any other unresolved bugs so far.

We changed the loading of the schedule so that it will only load a couple of hours ahead (to keep the list short) and periodically updates the list as time passes. We also added functionality to keep the lists in Controler and Manager synchronized. And the "customer" did a great job designing custom buttons and icons to make the software look a bit more modern...

We added no new functionality though, in fact we removed several media elements that they don't need, in order to clean up the interface. Looks good now!

UserPostedImage

Hello there!
Thanks for the wonderful job you have done. I wanted to ask where can download this latest version of vmix scheduler?
Thanks again
macjaeger  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:45:16 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Damn2Good4U wrote:
Hello @macjaeger and @amp2tv

I was wondering if there's any plan of updating the vMix scheduler to working with version 12 of vMix.

Regards,
Rottimmy

Hmm. Is it _not_ working with v12 ? I currently can't test it, as i'm no longer running vMix on my development pc (demo ran out) and the only machines we have licences on are "out in the field". I guess if it doesn't work with v12, it should be an easy fix - unless Martin changed the api considerably.
macjaeger  
#159 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:48:14 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

majama wrote:
Hello there!
Thanks for the wonderful job you have done. I wanted to ask where can download this latest version of vmix scheduler?

This special version was built exclusively for the ciresarii foundation, who also provided the artwork. It lacks some of the original functionality and has custom code to fit into their workflow, so it's not that usefull for the rest of the world i guess.
donvago  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:29:08 PM(UTC)
donvago

macjaeger, a greeting from me, I pray apologize for my bad English, is it possible that you can add the option to insert logo in specific videos? I attached a picture of how I imagine could be done. This is only a suggestion and would be extraordinary if this were possible.

UserPostedImage