logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
macjaeger  
#121 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:15:23 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Thank you for clearing this up ;-)

This means it should be easy to migrate vMixScheduler to the final version of vMix v11.
macjaeger  
#122 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:05:23 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Martin just fixed the bug that broke vMixScheduler - so here you have a working version:

http://www.weir3d.de/fil...cheduler/alpha_06v11.zip

No feature changes, just an update to keep it running with latest version of vMix v11 preview.
vomio  
#123 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:46:28 PM(UTC)
vomio

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
macjaeger wrote:
Martin just fixed the bug that broke vMixScheduler - so here you have a working version:

http://www.weir3d.de/fil...cheduler/alpha_06v11.zip

No feature changes, just an update to keep it running with latest version of vMix v11 preview.

WOW, it's nice to try.
When I try to connect to vMix with controler, it does not answer anything displaying OFFLINE on vMixControler. As the YouTube DEMO shows, I followed every single steps.
Checking the settings of controler, it says 'vMix seems online' with '127.0.0.1:8088'.
What makes me be with 'OFFLINE' ?

Thanks in advance.
thanks 1 user thanked vomio for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 10/11/2013(UTC)
macjaeger  
#124 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:45:39 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

As said in youtube: there may be several reasons. What version of vMix and vMixScheduler are you using? The last "official" version of vMixScheduler can connect only to vMix v10, the bugfix-version i posted yesterday (alpha_06v11) only works with the preview versions of vMix v11. If you cross mix them, they won't be able to communicate, thus vMixController will show "offline". If the versions are correct, there also could be a firewall issue - maybe windows firewall won't let vMix/Scheduler talk locally.
Damn2Good4U  
#125 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:07:25 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Well done @mac do you know if @Martin did an update to the API regarding the aspect ratio?

One more thing, how about removing the date option as part of how the scheduler must run?

I would like to upload same schedule of last week Monday this week Monday without thinking of the date science the timing is right, then adjust one or two videos to update the new week episode....

Again, while appending an XML file into the schedule, can the appended file stand as a whole file? E.g. If I have up to 1hr music file saved... I could append it to my current schedule to play as 1file instead of seeing individual videos, and I could just name it "MUSIC" and the scheduler will calculate the total time as well.

I hope I am making sense to you.
IceStream  
#126 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:34:24 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ macjaeger
same problem as vomio...
running vMix 11.0.0.25 with alpha 06v11 but they do not connect.
There are a bunch of additional files in the zip download, do any of those need to be launched? The vshost.exe application files do not appear to do anything when run.
The ClickOnce ADM files "cannot start the application" and return these details:
<
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1008
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///A:/Downloads/vMix/vMixScheduler/alpha_06v11/vMixScheduler/vMixControler.application
Deployment Provider url : http://www.weir3d.de/fil...MixControler.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of A:\Downloads\vMix\vMixScheduler\alpha_06v11\vMixScheduler\vMixControler.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://www.weir3d.de/fil...MixControler.application did not succeed.
+ The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [10/12/2013 10:23:46 PM] : Activation of A:\Downloads\vMix\vMixScheduler\alpha_06v11\vMixScheduler\vMixControler.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [10/12/2013 10:23:46 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://www.weir3d.de/fil...MixControler.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifest(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ManifestType manifestType, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
>

I have no idea what it all means, or if I am doing something wrong but I hope it helps in getting to the bottom of what may be going on.

Ice
macjaeger  
#127 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:20:55 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Hugh? No. You don't need any of the additional files, just the ones that had already been present from the original installation. I had to update the files during a coffee break (!), so i had no time to sort out which files were needed, hence i uploaded everything the compiler spat out.

I just uploaded the cleaned up zip-file to my website, you can download it here:

http://www.weir3d.de/files/vMixScheduler_alpha.zip

There should only be four files in it, these are enough to run the application. You need to have ".net 4.0" (or higher) installed on your system! vMixController (the part that has to run on the same machine as vMix itself) needs the _full_ profile of ".net 4" installed, while vMixManager could be run with ".net 4 client profile" as well.

If you can't connect vMC(ontroller) to vMix, please make sure...
... that vMix is the right version: the latest version of vMC needs at least vMix v11.0.0.26 - earlier versions had a bug that Martin (admin) fixed just recently.
... you have set the right port (usually 8088) and enabled the web-interface in vMix' Settings dialog
... you have set the same port in vMixController's settings (try "test" button to verify)
... no firewall rule is preventing either vMix or vMixController from accessing the internet, if unsure: disable firewall completely for a test, and if it works then reactivate your firewall and sort it out.

Regarding firewalls: most people have windows firewall and an additional "personal firewall" software running (often bloadware that came with your machine and does nothing usefull other than nagging you to pay for updates...). These "firewalls" often do more harm then good, especially if you don't know how to configure them. I can't give general advise there, because there are just too many of them, and they tend to hide their settings behind ever-changing user-interfaces. So if you think your "Norton" or whatever may be the problem you'll have to sort it out yourself.
IceStream  
#128 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 4:52:07 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ macjaeger
Something still amiss
.net 4 full installed on my system and no known firewalls to deal with but alpha 6v11 does not connect to vMix 11.0.0.28
side note 1: alpha 5 seems to work fine with vMix 11.0.0.28
side note 2: alpha 6v11 Manager will not load saved .xml schedules nor push any items to the Controller
macjaeger  
#129 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:42:58 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

That is at least a clue to what is happening...

Alpha 5 does only test if there is any response from the the specified port, but it doesn't verify the version. So if Alpha 5 can connect, but Alpha 6 can't, there seems to be something wrong with the version checking... Can you please verify again which version of vMix and vMixController you are running? vMixController should show version 0.6.11.0 in its title bar. Then, can you please also double check the port settings? In vMixController settings, please press "test" and make a screenshot of the dialog box presenting the result. Should read something like "vMix didn't respond at this URL: ..." followed by a line like "http://127.0.0.1:8088". Finally open your webbrowser and enter that that line as URL. You should be presented with vMix's web interface.

If some of the above steps doesn't work, tell which one?
macjaeger  
#130 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:45:59 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

IceStream wrote:
side note 2: alpha 6v11 Manager will not load saved .xml schedules nor push any items to the Controller

.xml scheme has changed slightly between alpha 5 and alpha 6. Make sure you don't mix old version files and newer ones. And make shure you ran Manager and Controller same version!
IceStream  
#131 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 11:07:01 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

This might sound stupid but I can't seem to post images (is there a tutorial for that? everything I try doesn't seem to work)
In any event, Controller and Manager are indeed alpha version 0.6.11.0 and vMix is vMixSD - 11.0.0.28 x64
The test dialogue box response is positive:
"vMix OK
vMix seems fine, or at least there is a responsive webserver at this URL:
http://127.0.0.1:8088"
The URL does open vMix's web interface
But they do not connect.
note: Alpha 5 connects automatically as soon as it is launched...
Side note: Alpha 6 Manager will not "Push to Schedule" any items in the list to Alpha 6 Controller, but instead opens this dialogue box:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I can post the details if you like, but they seem rather lengthy.

I hope some of this helps, and if you can instruct me how to insert images, I would be happy to share the screen shots, lol!
macjaeger  
#132 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:24:55 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

To post images you need to upload them to some public webspace, then click the image-button and enter the images URL between.

To close in onto the bug, please try downloading the following DEBUG-version of vMixScheduler:

http://www.weir3d.de/fil...cheduler/debug_06_11.zip

In cases when vMix is online (tested by button "test") but doesn't connect (message "offline") it should now show a window containing some information about the error. I say "should" because i can't reproduce that error, so couldn't test the code.
IceStream  
#133 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:06:48 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

vMix Scheduler/debug alpha 6v11 connects automatically (just like alpha 5) to vMix 11.0.0.30
but manager still not pushing or adding list to controller???
Will look at posting images later
macjaeger  
#134 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:11:28 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Wait a moment. Debug version connects? So what did you do different this time? This version doesn't do anything different, except displaying additional information in case of connection problems... Maybe when you installed the version before you somehow accidently set some firewall rules? Sometimes windows asks if you want to let a programm access the internet when it is started for the first time, and if - by accident, e.g. hitting return just when windows opened the dialog box - you decline it will create a firewall rule...

Anyway: now that you managed to fix vMixController, we still need to fix vMixManager. Please try to erase all xml-files from "C:\ProgramData\vMixScheduler", and make sure that both programms have access to this folder. If unsure, try running them with admin rights! After you cleared out this folder, try again and have a look: are new xml-files created?
macjaeger  
#135 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:02:04 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

atpt wrote:
VmixController version 6.11 don't connect to Vmix 11.0.0.30

That's right (read more about it in the posts above). Working on the issue. Try the new version:

http://www.weir3d.de/fil...cheduler/alpha_06_30.zip
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
atpt on 10/15/2013(UTC)
IceStream  
#136 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:31:58 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Not sure what I did or how exactly how I did it other than clicked "Erase Schedule".
To my surprise, the existing list that I had just made did not erase (must have erased some previous unseen list somewhere, there were a couple of dialogue boxes to click and confirm, can't remember exactly) and lo and behold the list could now be successfully pushed to Schedule on the Controller, Yea!
I take it the "Erase Schedule" clears the Controller list and not the listing in the Manager?
Every thing appears to be functional now.
This is with the latest zip file vMixScheduler/alpha_06_30.zip
Congrats macjaeger, another job well done!
Damn2Good4U  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:01:11 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
atpt wrote:
VmixController version 6.11 don't connect to Vmix 11.0.0.30

That's right (read more about it in the posts above). Working on the issue. Try the new version:

http://www.weir3d.de/fil...cheduler/alpha_06_30.zip

My man has done it again...!

You and Martin are surely a miracle worker.

Well done..
Damn2Good4U  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:03:02 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

I think Martin should be looking at integrating this into vMix now or taking it up as an extra.

VB developer is adding similar to his own product and that may drag some clients towards him... while in my opinion, vMix is a better software
macjaeger  
#139 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

IceStream wrote:
I take it the "Erase Schedule" clears the Controller list and not the listing in the Manager?

Right, that's how it's meant to be. "Clear" clears the list you see inside Manager, "Erase" removes the list Controller reads from.

Glad to hear that now it works - not quite sure who did what to fix it, but as long as it works again i'm just relieved.
macjaeger  
#140 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 8:44:24 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

I don't think i can control streaming through the api - but i haven't been up to date with recent versions of vMix.