logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WayneVerbatim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 8:30:01 PM(UTC)
WayneVerbatim

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Posted in the general forum as i wasn't sure where to post it

I have set up vMix on AWS as i needed a cloud based system for my workflow with it not being in a studio, and i have one issue that i am not sure the best way to overcome, if indeed it can be

I will simplify the workflow somewhat, but essentially i have a camera feed of a sports event coming in to vMix over SRT, i can add on some latency to make sure it runs smoothly and that all gets added before it appears as a source, so there is no problem there, however, i have a 2nd camera which is in the 'studio' where i am mixing from, and that has a commentator who is watching the output screen on vmix to commentate, the issue is that this camera also need to go in over SRT, and needs some latency added, which means when they comment on something, by the time that gets to Vmix they are commenting on things that have already happened

Of course if i added any delay in vmix for the sports event feed then it delays it on the screen that the commentator is watching and doesn't solve the issue

Is there a way to fix it? Or do we just have to try and live with the issue?

Previously we had been using vMix on a laptop, feeding in the camera via SRT and then the local commentary one was a HDMI input so it was no delay, but we needed to move to cloud based so that has messed up that workflow
RichDanby  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2024 9:13:21 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You could set the game feed to go to output 1 and use that to drive the screen the commentator is watching. Then you could add a video delay input taking the output and adding a couple of seconds delay. Then, by either altering the SRT latencies to/from the commentator, or controlling the video delay time with shortcuts, you can make the delayed game feed and return from the commentator be in sync (or use the trick of making the commentator slight ahead so them seem more on the ball!). Finally create your mix on Output 2 and set that to go to streams / recordings etc.