logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wthblondie  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 12:50:09 AM(UTC)
wthblondie

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Hello Everyone! I wanted to share a quick guide to how I record the audio from VOIP with Multicorder.

My setup revolves around 1 vMix PC with a GoXLR, an Elgato Facecam, and an Elgato 4K60pro mk.2 capture card which captures a PC where I play games etc.

Step 1: Enable VMIX audio buses

Go to Settings, Audio Outputs, and change A - G (however many you want) to Enabled.

Step 2: Adding audio

Go to Add Input, Audio Input. For your Audio Device, select your ASIO driver and the correct Audio Channels. It'll vary depending on mixer, but for me it was GoXLR ASIO Driver and 13+14 as I wanted to record the "Chat" channel.

Step 3: Route audio to Buses

In the Audio Mixer, go to your desired audio inputs and disable Master, and enable the Bus you want to use for your ASIO audio. In the case of Chat I'm using Bus B.

Then go to Bus B, click the cog and name the bus so you don't forget what it is. Close the settings window and disable Master on Bus B.

Step 4: Adding "video"

Next we're going to add another Input which CAN be recorded by Multicorder.

Go to Add Input, Camera, and in the Camera dropdown click "show legacy devices". Select "vMix Video" as your Camera. Under "Audio Device", select "vMix Audio - Bus B". Click OK.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit

That's it, really. Now you should be able to record the vMix Video input with the Multicorder. Maybe there's another way to accomplish this, but this is the workaround that works for me.