logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sev  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 10:57:58 AM(UTC)
Sev

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm trying to sync music in one program (Cantabile) with video in VMix. I can get them to start together but over time the 2 programs start to get out of sync. The music program has midi clock, but wondering if time code or something like that would work. Cantabile is the master and controls the start and stop of VMix videos. How can I get them to sync up better?
What would be better is if I could use the music embedded in the VM video, but I can't figure out how to use my UAD Apollo Twin interface to work with both programs at the same time. I sing and play thru Cantabile and can use backing tracks with either program.
Thank you kindly.
Sev  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 6:34:01 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Thanks a lot jackdean. I’ll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. This is a good place to start!
mavik  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2023 8:03:24 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Dante is capable of sending audio with clocking in a network.
Sev  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 7:27:06 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

Thanks Dante. I'll look int it. Do you think Dante would help to sync Cantabile with VMix better. I'm just not sure if VMix hac the capability or not.
Sev  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2023 7:41:35 AM(UTC)
Sev

United States

I finally got Cantabile VST manager playing thru Apollo twin to play while running VMix Audio thru Apollo at the same time. VoiceMeeter Potato worked by simply hooking VMix audio to VM potato via VB-Cable as jackdean suggested. Voicemeeter outputs to the Apollo Twin. Without VM Apollo would only Use Cantabile or Vmix but not both at the same time. Word of caution. I spent a lot of time trying to get VM Banana to work but it does not recognize ASIO as it is only 32 bit. Potato is 64 and sees ASIO drivers. It used to work with older equipment so there's some older posts saying it would work. Thanks again jackdean, I really wasn't aware of VB-Cable and VoiceMeeter before. I was aware of loopMIDI for virtual midi connections.
mavik  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 4:38:49 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sev Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Dante. I'll look int it. Do you think Dante would help to sync Cantabile with VMix better. I'm just not sure if VMix hac the capability or not.

Dante itself is locked, but won't lock other apps to the dante clock. I'm also ot aware of any genlock or wordclock available in vmix itself. Maybe best is NDI as it can be gen locked as well.
Mano Bakker  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2024 11:48:26 AM(UTC)
Mano Bakker

Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Why not playback everything with vMix?? Check my radioplayout template : twitch.tv/MisterVmix
This version is not playing videoclips, but with a little change it can load mp4's prior to .wav files.
We do a 3 day live show : Zaanse Top 500 end of May where we use only vMix, ok with a x32 audiomixer, for live Radio and TV production.
ralphma  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2024 4:55:08 PM(UTC)
ralphma

United States

That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site!

Pay by plate ma
jacksonback  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2024 9:47:58 PM(UTC)
jacksonback

United States

Originally Posted by: Sev Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to sync music in one program (Cantabile) with video in VMix. I can get them to start together but over time the 2 programs start to get out of sync. The music program has midi clock, but wondering if time code or something like that would work. Cantabile is the master and controls the start and stop of VMix videos. How can I get them to sync up better?
What would be better is if I could use the music embedded in the VM video, but I can't figure out how to use my UAD Apollo Twin interface to work with both programs at the same time. I sing and play thru Cantabile and can use backing tracks with either program.
Thank you kindly.

Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful information It is so appreciated!! You have good humor in your blogs. So much helpful and easy to read!
Krogerfeedback