logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zafer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 10:05:45 PM(UTC)
zafer

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Has anyone had a bitrate problem in vmixcall for the last 15 days?

We do programs for youtube with 4 guest for about one year in the vmix call. But we've been having annoying issues for 15 days.

I am the host in Brussels / Belgium, we have 2 different fiber line 500 down /300 up) Our guest are in different locations. Guest-1 West Virginia ( 1 gbs down / 200 up) Guest-2 Washington DC (1 gbs dl/ 800 ul)

Guest-3 Stockholm/Sweden (500dl/500 ul) Guest-4 London/UK (500 ul/300 dl)

At the beginning, Everything goes well, guests video and audio are perfect. All Vmiw calls are good. Look at the photo -1
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 13.18.59.jpg (219kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

in 10-15 minutes after starting the record, bitrates start to go down. look at the photo- 2

band2.jpg (188kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

I made many test at differet hours and on differant computers. resulst are same. Computer-1 Intel core i7-9700 16GB ram, screencard nvidia geforce RTX2070 laptop-1 Intel core i7-9750 16gb ram, nvidia RTX3080 Laptop-2 Intel Core i7 10th Gen-10870H NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 32GB

I don't know what's the problem. I've been using vmix for 2 years and this is the first time I've faced such a problem.
I check the forum every day to see if anyone have problem like this. I didn't notice.

I'd be glad if you could help me figure out what the problem would be.

thanks

mavik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 11:47:51 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
You can try WinMTR and see if there is a bottleneck between the host and callers. But it's just a rough test and it's post mortem, so maybe too late for analysis.
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 4:49:46 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
People are so focused on bandwidth, but it's just one factor in the chain.

If your guest is one a computer that's in some way constrained that will also have an impact.

For example, if they are doing multiple things on a computer with an older/slower CPU.

If they are running multiple applications such that physical memory is used up and it starts to use virtual memory, swapping to disk.

If they have had the same instance of Chrome running a long time, and memory is in short supply. It wise to close Chrome and restart it just prior to a long call.

If they are on a Wi-Fi network that is shared with other things that might occasionally use lots of bandwidth.

When a browser handles video (especially Chrome) it's very quickly reactive to constraints. It will reduce resolution very quickly. Someone receives an email with a large attachment on the same shared Wi-Fi can induce this.

It's dramatically slower to reverse that process even if bandwidth is once again plentiful.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 11:37:35 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Have you thought about switching to SRT. With Larix you can also send some return to the guest. Just an idea.