logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dansblee  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2021 4:15:32 PM(UTC)
dansblee

Groups: Registered
Singapore

(Repeated from the post in Hardware Compatibility on this forum)

Hi,

I'm looking to build a new rig for vMix. I'm looking at using Intel 12th Gen CPUs with Z690 Motherboards. I'm looking at this primarily for mid-sized event use so an i7-12700K with coupled with a 3060TI (to utliise Resizable Bar), 32GB DDR4 memory running Windows 10 Pro.

Anybody out there already using the use 12th Gen CPUs with vMix? Any issues to look out for performance wise and stability wise, especially with the issues regards P&E cores running Windows 10?

Should I stay will 10/11th Gen and stay with the known configs? Just thinking that those platforms are older moving forward will become "obsolete" fairly quickly given Intel and Microsoft are moving forward with 12th Gen/Windows 11.

I haven't pulled the trigger and actually purchased components yet and am still at the design stage. Any comments or experience will be most helpful now.

Thanks in advance.
kokopudja  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 1:20:41 PM(UTC)
kokopudja

I am using 12700K too, with a Asus Z690 ProArt motherboard, RTX A5000 GPU (running on x8 due to shared bandwidth with Magewell Pro Capture Quad HDMI card at x4). No issue so far! I am sticking to Windows 10 due to better stability. Still hesitate to move to Win11, too early.
altabeyer  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2022 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
altabeyer

United States

Thank you very much!! Very useful advice