logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlosx8664  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:12:17 AM(UTC)
carlosx8664

Groups: Registered
Ghana

Hello

My presenter's audio source comes through a USB MobilePre soundcard into VMix. The computer's
onboard soundcard comes into a Yamaha mixer in case we want to play news stories. The whole
project is taken out via SDI out. When the presenter's audio input is enabled alongside the
VMix output we get feedback on the mixer. Any suggestions pls.

Thanks in advance!
WaltG  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 6:47:49 AM(UTC)
WaltG

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Generally feedback like I assume you're describing is because you're taking audio that's already present in the mix and sending it back into the mix through another input.

From your post, I can't figure out your configuration to know if the issue is in your vMix audio settings, your Yamaha mixer, or your soundcard. I don't know how many computers you have, i don't know what your presenter's audio source is, I don't know what your mixer's outputs or inputs are, and I don't know what you're piping the vMix SDI output into.

It could be something really simple, like your vMix master audio using your onboard soundcard as an output which then sends it back into vMix. Heck, I was at a Zoom event where feedback issues were caused by someone neglecting to put on headphones so the speaker was going back into their mic.

Or it could be that audio you're sending into your mixer is audio that's already in your mixer, which might be significantly harder to fix.

As of now, you're the only one who knows your setup in enough detail to know where the problem could be. So all you have to do is find the point where an audio source is coming through on two different inputs on something and stop routing one of them there. This could, as I said, be easy, or it could be something that requires you to rework your entire setup.
Darryl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:38:47 PM(UTC)
Darryl

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Carlos,

2 thoughts to consider, although we don't really know enough about your system to be confident. I am presuming the USB device is connected to the vMIX computer.

1. It is possible that the output being sent to the mixer is picking up audio from both the USB device AND vMix. If so, the presenter's vox is going direct from the USB device to the mixer, as well as going from the USB device to vMIX and then to the mixer.

2. In vMIX the headphone output is turned on for the presenter channel, and the headphone output is the same as the main output.

My apologies if you have already checked these options, but based on the information supplied that is the best I can think of.

Darryl
bdrady  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 2:44:41 AM(UTC)
bdrady

United States

Help, please! I am a newbie here and not all technically savvy, so if you have a solution for me, pretend you're speaking to your grandmother and walk me through it, step-by-step.
I getting high-pitched feedback on my audio. I have followed the vMix tutorial on adding audio input and have tried every way suggested.
I have a Sony Alpha ZV-E10 camera, a CamLink, and Hollyland Lark M1 Wireless Lavalier Microphone with Noise Cancellation.
* vMix does not give me an option to select my microphone.
* I have tried plugging in the mic to the camera and my laptop
* I have tried to add audio input with "microphone array"
* I've tried not adding any and just using my "CamLink"
* It is possible that I did something in settings to cause the feedback but not sure what it is
* The minute I turn on my camera, I get loud screeching noises

If you have any suggestions, I will be so grateful for your assistance. Please remember to give simple directions.

Thank you in advance for your expertise and guidance.

Salvatore  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 6:19:41 AM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dear Grandma, ;-)
why you‘r using a 4 year old post instead of creating a new one?

Quote:
* The minute I turn on my camera, I get loud screeching noises
Your camera has a built-in microphone that can transmit embedded audio to Vmix via HDMI. If the camera is too close to the speakers in your setup, feedback can occur. Check your camera input to see if the audio button is lit and turn it off briefly for testing purposes.

Quote:
* vMix does not give me an option to select my microphone.
- Add the microphone as a audio input

Quote:
* It is possible that I did something in settings to cause the feedback but not sure what it is
-create a new preset

- try to tackle your problem step by step
- ckeck your Audio on Windows
- Check with headphones instead of speakers to avoid feedback
bdrady  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2024 1:46:48 AM(UTC)
bdrady

United States

Thank you for your response. I now know I should start a new post for my issues. I was able to turn off the audio in my camera and that solved the feedback problem. I am still unable to connect my Hollyland Lavalier mic to vMix. I sent a support email to vMix. Hopefully, they can help with that issue. Thanks again for your help on the feedback.
Have an awesome day!