logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marcuscarey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 5:17:54 AM(UTC)
marcuscarey

Groups: Registered
United States

Ok. I'm a moron. Give me an F and send me home. But, before I go, can I get this answered?

I was a Vmix 26 subscriber with a 4K subscription. Lifetime updates so I understood.

But, Vmix 27 is a new version. Not entitled to free upgrade? Ok. I went to all the pages and it seems that I can get upgraded to 27 for $60? Is that right?

If not, then what is the purchase price to get all the features I already have with my 4K 26 plus the new features of 27? Is it $500?

I know that I'm on the other side of the world from Australia so that could be the problem. I'm upside down to those "down under".

Just need to know what I'm missing in this upgrade, new version transistion.

Oh, and by the way, are the bugs worked out yet? Would hate to part with money, be left to struggle through a thousand tasks to get the bugger working (bugger is an Australian term right?) and then be hit with annual fees unlike what I thought was a great deal that I had under 26.

Help me. I've got a lot of streaming and uploads to finish.

Thanks mate. (see how I did that?)
kross  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 1:17:44 PM(UTC)
kross

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
(I'm not a vMix employee, just a user)

The free updates are for fixes within the v26 line, which at this point is only going to be bug fixes going forward. To get to v27 there is a fee. But in my opinion, it's such a small price compared to buying it new, and it happens so seldom, I just pay it without blinking. I love vMix so much that whenever they ask me for more money I just pay them! :)