logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Arno Maandonks  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 4:42:51 PM(UTC)
Arno Maandonks

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

I automatically started vmix every day with a preset for a fixed installation, now users overwrite the preset because the question comes on shutdown.
Maybe an automatic start preset without overwriting is possible? Or the possibility to disable the question by shutdown.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2022 2:46:52 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Arno Maandonks Go to Quoted Post
I automatically started vmix every day with a preset for a fixed installation, now users overwrite the preset because the question comes on shutdown.
Maybe an automatic start preset without overwriting is possible? Or the possibility to disable the question by shutdown.

First they asked for the conformation , then the wish was granted , now its to disable it again.
Arno Maandonks  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2022 2:51:14 AM(UTC)
Arno Maandonks

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

First they asked for the conformation , then the wish was granted , now its to disable it again.

Not a crazy happening with so many different users...
bethlehemoutlook  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 12:14:22 PM(UTC)
bethlehemoutlook

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'll second this request. We're using vMix for streaming church services, most of the time operated by volunteer video operators (who are more technically inclined than the general population, but not by a whole lot), and I don't want them to accidentally overwrite the preset. For the time being, I'm posting a note for our volunteers asking them to click the "discard changes" button when closing vMix, and I've marked the preset file as "read only" (which will prevent that scenario, but results in a "scary" error message), but it would be very helpful to have the option to disable that dialog.

I totally understand why many (maybe even most) vMix users wanted that option (there have been a couple times it would have saved my bacon), I can even agree that it should be the default, but there are circumstances like ours where that dialog can cause more harm than good and we would really like to be able to disable it.

Sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, I'd put off upgrading from vMix 24 to 25 until just this week, so this is my first encounter with this new feature. Finally got me to register for the forums after 2+ years of using vMix, though. :)
thanks 1 user thanked bethlehemoutlook for this useful post.
Arno Maandonks on 7/22/2022(UTC)
cmcloughlin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 11:11:40 PM(UTC)
cmcloughlin

Ireland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have you thought of write protecting the settings file in Windows (Rt click, Properties, Write Protect)?