logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VmixWithEvan  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 4:19:06 AM(UTC)
VmixWithEvan

Groups: Registered
United States

I'd like to purchase a new laptop with an RTX3080 in it. The problem is, the new laptops I'm finding only run windows 11, and do not support windows 10. They don't offer win10 drivers at all, even if I were to downgrade myself. On the other hand, vmix doesn't recommend Windows 11, and some features I use are broken until Microsoft issues a fix.

Ideally, I'm looking for a laptop with the following:
Windows 10 support
Thunderbolt 3 or 4
NVIDIA 3080
2 external displays (or more)

OR, an update on when vMix might be fully functional and stable on Windows 11

Thoughts?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 4:26:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VmixWithEvan Go to Quoted Post

an update on when vMix might be fully functional and stable on Windows 11

Thoughts?

is Windows 11 ? (just asking)
talonavm  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 4:46:46 AM(UTC)
talonavm

United States

Ive been using VMix on a few Windows 11 laptops with no issues at all. Performance on Geforce and A-series nvidia cards seems to be the same on windows 10 or 11. But I will say, even though a manufacturer says they dont support windows 10, more than likely you will be able to just install the windows 11 drivers.
Kligan  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2023 11:14:07 PM(UTC)
Kligan

United States

Ideally, you're on the lookout for a laptop with Windows 10 support, Thunderbolt 3/4, an NVIDIA 3080, and multiple external displays – a tall order, but not impossible. Check out tech forums, Reddit, and even reach out to laptop manufacturers directly for models that match your criteria.
As for vMix on Windows 11, it's a waiting game. Keep an eye on vMix's official updates or their community for news on when it becomes fully functional.
Regarding your suggestion, thanks for the heads-up, but remember to tread cautiously when exploring sources like digitalchillmart.com for Windows keys and tips. Verify their credibility to steer clear of any potential issues.
Roy Sinclair  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2023 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kligan Go to Quoted Post
Ideally, you're on the lookout for a laptop with Windows 10 support, Thunderbolt 3/4, an NVIDIA 3080, and multiple external displays – a tall order, but not impossible. Check out tech forums, Reddit, and even reach out to laptop manufacturers directly for models that match your criteria.
As for vMix on Windows 11, it's a waiting game. Keep an eye on vMix's official updates or their community for news on when it becomes fully functional.
Regarding your suggestion, thanks for the heads-up, but remember to tread cautiously when exploring sources like digitalchillmart.com for Windows keys and tips. Verify their credibility to steer clear of any potential issues.

You're about one year behind on that answer ;).