logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niemi  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:39:02 PM(UTC)
niemi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ittaidv Go to Quoted Post
I've just finished 3 top notch x299 builds and also see some more spiking in render times than usual ...

Do you have numbers on those spikes, and what is the consequence of those?

... make sure all screens are in the same resolution as your vmix project. 50i or p project: set your monitors at 50 hz.

Our screens are running at their native resolutions, 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz. vMix projects 1920 x 1080 at 25 fps.

I wasn't aware that this could cause issues?

From my experience, z270- z370 builds are still the most stable of them all, so if you don't need a shitload of inputs, just go with those.

Would you mind sharing your complete z270- z370 builds? :)
Ittaidv  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:01:45 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: niemi Go to Quoted Post
I've just finished 3 top notch x299 builds and also see some more spiking in render times than usual ...

Do you have numbers on those spikes, and what is the consequence of those?

I see some very short spikes from 4-5 ms suddenly to 20 or so. They don't cause any damage to the audio or video like on x99, but from experience i can say that other chipsets (z170-270-370) run more calm.

... make sure all screens are in the same resolution as your vmix project. 50i or p project: set your monitors at 50 hz.

Our screens are running at their native resolutions, 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz. vMix projects 1920 x 1080 at 25 fps.

I wasn't aware that this could cause issues?

Just try it if you run into problems, it causes less spiking in my experience. There's a free utility called CRU which lets you force resolutions to monitors. I used it several times with great succes, it allows you to set framerates on all monitors, even if they don't support it. Also when working over KVM switches and other 'abnormal' setups, it works great!

From my experience, z270- z370 builds are still the most stable of them all, so if you don't need a shitload of inputs, just go with those.

Would you mind sharing your complete z270- z370 builds? :)

I built a few already.

I have one, which is built into a peli case, which is based on an i5 6700u with 16gb DDR4 3600 ram and a gtx 1050TI on a z270 mini itx/ It's our main workhorse for all small assignments and is super stable at 5-6 inputs.

The other one we use a lot uses a z270 board with plx chips, a gtx 1080, 32 gb quad channel memory at 3200 mhz and 4 ssd's. I've been running 12 cam productions on it without any issues, and it can probably handle more..

They're super stable at very low render times..