logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krzyzz  
#41 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:55:18 AM(UTC)
krzyzz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kane wrote:
I was with the Panasonic rep yesterday and we had beta NDI firmware on HE-40 and HE-70 cameras. I was controlling them from my IP Series system and they were running great.

The Panasonic rep told me that mid October the firmware should be released for the HE-38, HE-40 and HE-70 model cameras, the HE-130 NDI firmware will not be until the end of the year.

The NDI firmware for these units will be a paid upgrade.

Kane Peterson
NewTek

I know it's been long time, but there's no new info on the upcoming upgrade and new year is nigh.

Since you probably meant a UE-70, do you remember if their beta NDI firmware supported UHD output? I can't wait for this upgrade, but can hardly believe (and since there is no info on that) UE-70 will manage an NDI UHD output through camera's 10/100basetx ethernet port without an actual hardware replacement (NewTek's doc affirms it uses 200mbps for UHD resolution).

If this actually works, I will immediately switch to Tricaster TC1 and NDI workflow for my multicam productions.
thanks 1 user thanked krzyzz for this useful post.
seb666 on 12/23/2017(UTC)
kane  
#42 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 7:19:46 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
krzyzz wrote:
kane wrote:
I was with the Panasonic rep yesterday and we had beta NDI firmware on HE-40 and HE-70 cameras. I was controlling them from my IP Series system and they were running great.

The Panasonic rep told me that mid October the firmware should be released for the HE-38, HE-40 and HE-70 model cameras, the HE-130 NDI firmware will not be until the end of the year.

The NDI firmware for these units will be a paid upgrade.

Kane Peterson
NewTek

I know it's been long time, but there's no new info on the upcoming upgrade and new year is nigh.

Since you probably meant a UE-70, do you remember if their beta NDI firmware supported UHD output? I can't wait for this upgrade, but can hardly believe (and since there is no info on that) UE-70 will manage an NDI UHD output through camera's 10/100basetx ethernet port without an actual hardware replacement (NewTek's doc affirms it uses 200mbps for UHD resolution).

If this actually works, I will immediately switch to Tricaster TC1 and NDI workflow for my multicam productions.

My understandings that you can only get UHD out of the UE-70 camera using the HDMI output. For NDI-HX it will support up to 1080p60. I've not spoken with anyone from Panasonic since then, I don't know what their current release time frame is.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
seb666  
#43 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 5:15:40 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Finally! https://de.newtek.com/nd...ODNlTDYyc292NGhpdlZoNSJ9

Will be installed tomorrow! \o/
epicenter800  
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:58:28 AM(UTC)
epicenter800

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please update on your findings of the new NDI upgrade. Like many, I have been anxiously waiting for this upgrade. Thank you!
seb666  
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:59:44 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
epicenter800 wrote:
Please update on your findings of the new NDI upgrade. Like many, I have been anxiously waiting for this upgrade. Thank you!

The license needs to be installed via NewTeks Studio Monitor which seems pretty weird to me. After updating the Firmware of the camera and entering the license the web interface of my UE70 showed a little banner in the left menu pane saying, that this camera can be used with NDI|HX. There is no NDI specific configuration option available in the web interface itself, other than in priority, where I found a new entry "NDI|HX". I found out that configuring the first H.264 stream made a difference in the NDI stream. vMix doesn't configure PTZ via NDI, so you still need to know the IP address for PTZ config. My first use of the camera as an NDI source was a mess, but I have to say that it still was on "IP" priority rather than "NDI|HX". The video quality was not as good as via SDI and stuttered and in the middle of the Wheelchair Basketball game I was transmitting the picture froze and the camera didn't react for some minute (also the web interface didn't load). Suddenly the camera worked again, but still no real good video quality. Luckily I had three other cameras in the game to chose from...

I won't be able to do some testing until the end of next week, but I think NDI|HX is no true replacement for a real SDI connection atm. I will use the UE70 with NDI as I used it before with RTSP streaming for talk session and conference video, where I need a fast setup with one cable, but whenever possible, I will take SDI. I also experienced that multiple NDI|HX streams are a problem for vMix at the moment. I'm running a 10 core i9 machine and the 1080p50 stream was not fluid at all with three Connect Sparks and the Panasonic AW UE70 on NDI, the larger cam connected via SDI ran perfectly smooth...