logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:34:04 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Thank you all for your patience!

A free, fully functional, betademo (time limited) is available for download in the fantastic NJASTAD WEBSHOP.
(the reason for time limited is because we have not sorted out the price/licensing scheme, but wanted to get it out while we do that).

Looking forward to see how you like it, any comments, and I guess bug findings...
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
Sondrey on 5/19/2015(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:45:02 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Happy to see that so many have donwloaded, and hopefully tried, the beta demo.

We have been busy with productions, so we still have not figured out pricing/licensing. Instead we fixed a few minor bugs and extended the free trial period to August 31, 2015.

[update]: please send me a PM or an e-mail if you are interested in trying out the beta.

Comments and bug reports much welcome!
Bardos  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:38:42 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi, I was watching you video on your switcher control panel...I like it, but, it has too many buttons....can it be modified so as to add buttons according to how many inputs that are added, or just have one (1) row of buttons rather than two (2) rows ...it looks very compact, and who uses more than 8 inputs at any one time....But of course, adding buttons as inputs are added will be a much better way.......similar to vidblaster and VJDirector.....
richardgatarski  
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:49:19 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Bardos, I think your question concerns not SmartTitler (this topic) but vMix SoftWare Control Panel (made by Njastad):
Bardos on 7/16/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:07:53 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Sorry, got mixed up....
IceStream  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 10:31:42 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ richardgatarski

Have not had a lot of time to do testing, but have these observances and questions:

1. When attempting to use with an existing 'Preset' or a set-up that has multiple xaml overlay inputs, it took me a while to figure out how to "Select" the appropriate title (it's under 'Edit' dropdown, which I now see is where most of the "settings" are, but I didn't notice this till the 3rd or 4th time I attempted to use the program, perhaps a notation in the 'ReadMe' text would be beneficial). If there is a way to have a selection window open under that scenario when SmartTitler starts, that would be easier for 'novice' users and get you up and running faster.

2. If used on the same overlay channel as an active animated title (one with animate out), the "ON/OFF" timing gets messed up (flashes on then off for duration and then on indefinitely). Not sure if this anomaly is part and parcel of your notation of "does not work with animated tiltes", but thought I would mention the behavior.

3. Although initial opening of included .csv file worked like a charm (input as described in 'ReadMe' text), on subsequent attempts, with Excel running and the file already 'Open', SmartTitler 'Stopped working' and a request to close program (even when specifying ';' as separator). The file needs to be closed on the desktop before it can be opened by SmartTitler.

I'll keep playing with it as I have time, I really like the idea of populating various fields quickly and easily and see a lot of merit to this product.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 11:04:06 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Thanks Ice!

IceStream wrote:
1. When attempting to use with an existing 'Preset' or a set-up that has multiple xaml overlay inputs, it took me a while to figure out how to "Select" the appropriate title (it's under 'Edit' dropdown, which I now see is where most of the "settings" are, but I didn't notice this till the 3rd or 4th time I attempted to use the program, perhaps a notation in the 'ReadMe' text would be beneficial). If there is a way to have a selection window open under that scenario when SmartTitler starts, that would be easier for 'novice' users and get you up and running faster.

Good point, we are so blind by now. Fresh eyes (like yours) are wonderful. How about that upon start you get a settings window where you select Overlay and which of the available Titles to use? (actually, we might replace the Edit menu with a settings window).

IceStream wrote:
2. If used on the same overlay channel as an active animated title (one with animate out), the "ON/OFF" timing gets messed up (flashes on then off for duration and then on indefinitely). Not sure if this anomaly is part and parcel of your notation of "does not work with animated tiltes", but thought I would mention the behavior.

Yeah, I found out late in the beta phase that animated Titles does not work. Have not figured out why, less a fix. So it's an "issue" to be handled...

IceStream wrote:
3. Although initial opening of included .csv file worked like a charm (input as described in 'ReadMe' text), on subsequent attempts, with Excel running and the file already 'Open', SmartTitler 'Stopped working' and a request to close program (even when specifying ';' as separator). The file needs to be closed on the desktop before it can be opened by SmartTitler.

Hopefully just a bug when an csv file is already open by another program (here Excel). Easy fix. Worse is that Excel only saves in ANSI format, so a manual change to UTF-8 is necessary for special/national characters. If SmartTitler get popular we will most likely implement it so that SmartTitler can read directly from Excel.
richardgatarski  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 11:36:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

@Ice,
Did you test the most recent beta (0.9.3.6), we have fixed one timing thing there and maybe that took care of the "animated issue". I tried to reproduce your second problem, but it works for me (testing with AnimatedHD and AnimatedInOutHD. I would appreciate if you please could explain more in detail how you caused the error?
IceStream  
#29 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 12:33:09 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ richardgatarski

Yes most recent beta 0.9.3.6 used.

Weird... Having trouble reproducing the issue again with 'AnimatedInOutHD' vMix supplied Title.
However, I originally noticed it on one of my 'Presets' that uses an animated XAML (SingleLowerThird.xaml from Håvard & Sondre) and I have been able to reproduce it.

Animation out issue:
If on the same overlay channel as SmartTitler and 'SingleLowerThird.xaml' is already active on screen, activating one of SmartTitler's 'Buttons' before deactivating the overlay will start the out transition/flash/off/duration/on behavior.
richardgatarski  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:52:07 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

The Njastad web shop (where the beta was available for download) is not in operation. Those of you who are interested in trying out SmartTitler beta, send me a PM or an e-mail.
Bardos on 9/9/2015(UTC)
mvav  
#31 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 12:47:44 PM(UTC)
mvav

just sent a pm. i cant wait to try it out looks so cool. I really like how you have the buttons with the names on them. Just the right size for the vmix layout.
richardgatarski  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:58:28 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Hi,

Thank you all for your interest and patience!
EDIT: the beta demo package is available in the Njastad.com web shop, see this post.
desmar  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:18:48 AM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Tried it, Will not load titles under vMix 16.0.0.75, even after setting IP address to vMix's IP address.
Select title and inputs stays on screen for a second then disappears and main windows says to select title.

When you go to select title menu, menu go blank again. Restarted vMIX and SmartTitler several times and no go.
richardgatarski  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:59:08 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

desmar,
I just tried with 16.0.0.75.

How did you try? Have attempted to the basic demo suggested in the ReadMe.txt, that is:

With vMix's built in Title files:
1 Start vMix.
2 Add a Title input with NewsHD (which is included when vMix is installed).
3 Start SmartTitler (which automatically will select NewsHD as that is the only Title in vMix)
4 In SmartTitler's Manager, import NewsHD.txt and checkmark those you want to include in the Buttons.
5 Click any Button (in the bar with buttons).

You should not need to change any settings, and the NewsHD.txt is included in the demo package.
Mind the limitation that SmartTitler is unrealiable if used from another PC than the one vMix is running on.
mvav  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:40:50 AM(UTC)
mvav

desmar wrote:
Tried it, Will not load titles under vMix 16.0.0.75, even after setting IP address to vMix's IP address.
Select title and inputs stays on screen for a second then disappears and main windows says to select title.

When you go to select title menu, menu go blank again. Restarted vMIX and SmartTitler several times and no go.

I just ran into the same problem you did. But i got it running by going to the install directory right clicking SmartTitler.exe then "Run as Administrator". It needs its privileges raised to work. then it works no problem at all.

I am going to play around with it now and i will post anything else plus a review on how cool it is.
IceStream  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:45:33 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ richardgatarski

Seems to work fine for me Richard (using Windows 10 & vMix 16).
Although, there is no "icon" on the desktop and it took me a while to figure out I needed to find it in "All apps" in Win10 Start Menu.
Perhaps a notation in the "ReadMe" file might save other users some time with that.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:58:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

@ Ice,
Thanks for the feedback. Icon-fix, including shortcut on the desktop, is on the todo-list.
mvav  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:38:06 PM(UTC)
mvav

So this is pretty much one of the coolest things i have seen in anyone make for Vmix. I wish it worked with some of my custom xaml files/animations to see how it could streamline workflow. But hey i will wait for it to come out as a complete product.

Still learning Microsoft blend and i am just good enough to do some high end animations and Vmix text inputs with it right now so my custom stuff would probably make it freak out. Its a bit different using code to make what i would normally do in after effects. Was thinking about putting up a site for people to get some of the things i make. I might just do that this weekend.

richardgatarski  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

@mvav,
Thanks for that feedback :)

In theory SmartTitler should work with animated Titles, rendering of the Title is stopped before all of the text/image fields are updated, rendering is then turned on again. Earlier some issues was reported, but I cannot replicate them.

In the now-so-famous vMix live show a few weeks ago Martin hinted that he has some ideas of animated lower thirds for vMix, so I would not spend too much effort into that until I know more. But that might be far away in da future...
richardgatarski  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 6:28:44 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski