logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sonchengchon  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 2:36:01 AM(UTC)
sonchengchon

Groups: Registered
Cambodja

Originally Posted by: vmixsupport Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,
Also already mentioned above, make sure to check our Service Status page in regards to the facebook streaming issue which explains it:
https://status.vmix.com/

In the meantime, users can stream manually to Facebook via Custom RTMP Server using the instructions below:

https://www.vmix.com/knowledgebase/article.aspx/272/streaming-to-facebook-live-manually-using-custom-rtmp-server

Updates will be provided on our service status page as we receive them.

Any old live streams on your Facebook page that have disappeared may have expired as this seems to be something Facebook are doing now. But do note this is done by Facebook and not related to vMix at all.

Looks like you refused to accept any responsibility for what is happening and making users despair.
sonchengchon  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 2:41:25 AM(UTC)
sonchengchon

Cambodja

Originally Posted by: John Bartkus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: clc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vmixsupport Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

Any old live streams on your Facebook page that have disappeared may have expired as this seems to be something Facebook are doing now. But do note this is done by Facebook and not related to vMix at all.

Not really true. Only livestreams via vmix have been deleted. All of our webcam live videos are still there. Hope you find a solution.

Agreed - only my livestreams via VMix have been deleted. Other webcam/direct livestreams (older & newer) are still there. I've received no response from Facebook on my problem report. Appreciate all you can do to help escalate.

Looks like they refused to accept any responsibility for what is happening and making users despair.
Godiva14  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 3:10:02 AM(UTC)
Godiva14

United States

I had the same issue as everyone else, but I was able to stream successfully using the Custom RTMP Server settings.

Where's the best place to submit a problem report to Facebook?
Simsyuk  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 3:58:57 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
It's all strange to me, yet again anything streamed via vMix has been deleted way back to 2019, but all my other lives via Zoom, StreamYard or directly via FB Producer live thing are all there.

Saying that I streamed the last two days and the lives are still there (for now).

Thanks admin for the rtmp info.
Timlwcf  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 4:26:42 AM(UTC)
Timlwcf

United States

I had the same issue this morning. I got the following message from FB:
202-01-16 FB Problem.PNG (19kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
I hope that FB will get this fixed soon!
vmixsupport  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 8:41:41 AM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Apologies, whilst it is true that Facebook are expiring some old streams (from any source) it does appear that the current issue has impacted the visibility of previous streams done by vMix on Facebook. Once Facebook has restored the ability to use the Facebook streaming method, this should hopefully resolve that issue as well.

Please keep an eye on the Service Status for updates:
thanks 5 users thanked vmixsupport for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 1/17/2022(UTC), Simsyuk on 1/17/2022(UTC), raschild on 1/18/2022(UTC), kroskopf on 1/18/2022(UTC), John Bartkus on 1/19/2022(UTC)
djmoll  
#27 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
djmoll

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We are also experiencing the vMix Facebook issues - can't livestream and our prior vMix livestreams are not visible on Facebook.

We did try the manual method of livestreaming to Facebook. It appeared to work from within vMix, but the stream was not visible on our Facebook page. Not sure where the stream was going.

Perhaps we did the manual setup incorrectly, but don't assume just because streaming appears to be working in vMix that people can actually see the stream on your Facebook page.

Hoping Facebook gets their act together quickly . . .

David
clc  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 10:54:57 AM(UTC)
clc

United States

Originally Posted by: djmoll Go to Quoted Post
We are also experiencing the vMix Facebook issues - can't livestream and our prior vMix livestreams are not visible on Facebook.

We did try the manual method of livestreaming to Facebook. It appeared to work from within vMix, but the stream was not visible on our Facebook page. Not sure where the stream was going.

Perhaps we did the manual setup incorrectly, but don't assume just because streaming appears to be working in vMix that people can actually see the stream on your Facebook page.

David

Yes. I experienced the same thing. vMix has clear instructions but the Facebook page was a little different and I never found where the url was. To be honest we were doing this under the gun as our church service was starting in a few minutes. I always get in 45 minutes before we start but by the time I... 1) tried connecting to Facebook a couple of times 2) rebooted the streaming computer and tried again and 3) spent time searching for answers, we just ran out of time.
PunditJi  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 3:30:52 AM(UTC)
PunditJi

Trinidad And Tobago

Originally Posted by: demisoski Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

When i try to connect to facebook, i got this error on browser page: https://www.vmixcloud.co...-b660-917cd72b962f"

Thankş for any help.

Having this same problem atm.....any assistance will be really appreciated.

doggy  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 3:37:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PunditJi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: demisoski Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

When i try to connect to facebook, i got this error on browser page: https://www.vmixcloud.co...-b660-917cd72b962f"

Thankş for any help.

Having this same problem atm.....any assistance will be really appreciated.

Assistance was given in previous replies in this post

KevinRaihala  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 7:10:33 AM(UTC)
KevinRaihala

United States

Two cases I know of it was church streams that lost their stuff. Is anyone besides churches being targeted? I am interested in finding out who you stream for and was the ones purged church only?

Kevin

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FBCsoundbooth Go to Quoted Post

That doesn’t explain why the past 2 years of streamed services and events are gone. If Facebook was going to start removing our stuff, they should have sent notice so people could download and save.

it has been mentioned all over the net that it appears to be related.

a Warning ? we are dealing with Facebook here, have they ever ?
melody  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 10:44:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi kevin,

our church was afected here... Igreja do Espírito Santo - Comunidade Cristã (IESCC) - Faro, Portugal

https://www.facebook.com/iesccfaro

yesterday we mixed and recorded with vMix but stream has been done with Prism Live Studio

cheers

melody
netaccs  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 6:52:31 PM(UTC)
netaccs

All the streams that was created for the past 4-5 years, was using vmix.
Now all they are gone from facebook page, other videos, live stream which are not created using vmix are there.
Trying contact with facebook about that issue is unsuccessful for the moment.
Can you give some suggestion about that issue?

For further streams will use rtmp method, but would like to restore all the videos in the page - likes, comments, reactions, shares and etc.
I have local recorded copies of that, but that not helping too much.
Simsyuk  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:38:54 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

David

David make sure you select 'Choose where to post' in the drop down menu, I was streaming to my personal page and not my business page (and my family and friends thought what the ell is this lol), once I selected the correct page, all was well.

thanks 1 user thanked Simsyuk for this useful post.
djmoll on 1/18/2022(UTC)
taurojo  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 10:45:43 PM(UTC)
taurojo

Same problem!!!!
All my videos deleted, it's a mess!!!

djmoll  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:53:28 PM(UTC)
djmoll

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post

David

David make sure you select 'Choose where to post' in the drop down menu, I was streaming to my personal page and not my business page (and my family and friends thought what the ell is this lol), once I selected the correct page, all was well.

Thanks for the suggestion. That could be what happened since we were working under "pressure". We will do some dry runs this week to make sure we are ready for our next service. The loss of our online videos is very unfortunate and out of our control. We hope Facebook is willing to spend the time to reinstate them for us and all others with the problem.
vmixsupport  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 9:37:53 AM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Facebook has restored the ability to stream via the "Facebook" destination in vMix. The visibility of previous streams done by vMix has also been restored.

We thank everyone for their patience whilst we worked with Facebook to help resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

thanks 7 users thanked vmixsupport for this useful post.
ksinnott on 1/19/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/19/2022(UTC), John Bartkus on 1/19/2022(UTC), sonchengchon on 1/19/2022(UTC), ask on 1/19/2022(UTC), Simsyuk on 1/19/2022(UTC), FBCsoundbooth on 1/23/2022(UTC)