logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sam e  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 2:58:36 PM(UTC)
sam e

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi There,

First time posting here, I work for a production company in Tasmania and we are getting right into vmix we have purchased 4 licenses and plan to purchase more.
For the most part it works great, however i have had this problem a few times now and am unable to find a fix.

THE PROBLEM:

When playing back some (not all) .mp4 videos inside vmix the audio is normal speed but the video frames are moving way too fast, this is very hard to see at the start but by the end of the video the audio is completely out of sync with the vision. Most of our work is to do with presenters talking to powerpoint slides so this very quickly becomes totally unusable as the words dont match the slides at all.
When the same video is played with vlc everything is fine.
What is going on here please anyone???

This has happened on quite a few shows and we never use vmix as video playback machine anymore, we use another device and capture via ndi which works fine but i am trying to eliminate another machine just for video playback as vmix should handle this fine.

Regards
Sam
Howlswolf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 5:27:00 AM(UTC)
Howlswolf

Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Check the framerates of those videos that are causing you problems. Ive had that happen with cellphone videos that were set at 8 fps ... for some reason vmix doesnt seem to like low fps.
thanks 1 user thanked Howlswolf for this useful post.
stigaard on 10/16/2021(UTC)
sam e  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:20:54 AM(UTC)
sam e

Australia

Yes you are correct the problem video was also 8fps and I have confirmed with support vmix doesn't support files below 24fps.
Thanks