logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EDPTech  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 10:30:54 PM(UTC)
EDPTech

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi
I have an issue when attempting to stream live
I am streaming to Wowza streaming cloud. Within vMix, my project is 1080p25 and my streaming settings are:
Custom RTMP server
H264 1080p 6mbps 128kbps
Strict CBR
Preset - veryfast
Keyframe Frequency - 2 seconds

However, when the stream reaches Wowza Streaming cloud, I have a warning (from Wowza) that the frame rate is 24.9 (rather than 25) and the GOP is 120 (should be 50)
This has a knock-on effect. I pass the stream from Wowza to Facebook and YouTube and all fine, but I also stream to Brightcove, which is not happy and won't playback the stream due to the framerate and GOP not being to brightcove spec.

I can't see anywhere where I can amend this within vMix

Currently my workaround is - I have had to set a NDI output from vMix output, then use OBS to draw the NDI output from vmix and stream from OBS (rather than vmix). From OBS, I get an exact 25fps and GOP of 50 and everything is happy

Can anyone help?

Thanks
mra  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 4:37:13 AM(UTC)
mra

Finland

Don't know if this will help you, but I also encountered an issue with GOP being incorrectly set to 30 (-g:v 30 in the logs) with a 25fps project and 1 sec keyframe interval.

Strangely, I went to the settings to double-check the master frame rate, closed the settings panel with Cancel without changing anything and then restarted the streams, and now correctly have -g:v 25.
EDPTech  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:47:36 PM(UTC)
EDPTech

United Kingdom

Turns out it was a settings mismatch. Even if you have your project as 25FPS and your streaming output the same, you need to check the External output matches also

Go to Settings -> External Output and see the frame rate for streaming.
If it is not 25p you will need to untick the box match streaming settings, change it back and then tick the box again.

This fixed the issue