logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Llorx  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 4:29:02 AM(UTC)
Llorx

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I select a live stream I'm page admin or editor, some messages don't appear in vMixSocial. Is like some kind of message selection.

I can see them on Facebook website with my account, but if I login on vMixSocial and select the post, not all messages load, and no matter the times I reload, always the same messages are missing.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 7:59:44 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Before you reported this as a vMix bug, did you search the forums for similar problems? Maybe other issues, like https://www.vmix.com/kno...e/article.aspx/179/vmix- might provide answers.

If that does not help you, please provide more detailed info about your setup and what works/not.
Barney Box Lane  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:42:51 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
it's their privacy settings so a page or group or business etc cant see them
Llorx  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:40:56 PM(UTC)
Llorx

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Before you reported this as a vMix bug, did you search the forums for similar problems? Maybe other issues, like https://www.vmix.com/kno...e/article.aspx/179/vmix- might provide answers.

If that does not help you, please provide more detailed info about your setup and what works/not.

Yes, and noone has this problem, or at least noone reported it or there's a solution on this.

The setups is easy, just follow these steps:
- Create a Facebook Live Video.
- Emit to Facebook Video.
- Configure vMix social.
- Wait for comments.
- See how not all comments appear. Always from the same people.

Maybe a privacy thing, but is weird how they appear when you load the video on any browser, like Chrome.

Reading Facebook API; maybe is something about the filter. Default filter is pretty restrictive: https://developers.faceb...nce/live-video/comments/

Has enabled by default "toplevel" instead of all comments, for example, and also "filter_low_quality".
Llorx  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:41:58 PM(UTC)
Llorx

Originally Posted by: Barney Box Lane Go to Quoted Post
it's their privacy settings so a page or group or business etc cant see them

Then why can I see them when I'm on Chrome instead of vMix?
admin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 11:06:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
We use the "stream" filter option and also leave enabled the low quality filter as it is generally useful to do so.
If you have specific comments you are not seeing, let us know what the message is, to see if it may be the low quality filter.

If it is always the same user each time, it may be a privacy setting on that user's account (which can impact applications but not necessarily the browser).

In short, we show whatever Facebook sends us!

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Llorx  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:05:19 PM(UTC)
Llorx

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
We use the "stream" filter option and also leave enabled the low quality filter as it is generally useful to do so.
If you have specific comments you are not seeing, let us know what the message is, to see if it may be the low quality filter.

If it is always the same user each time, it may be a privacy setting on that user's account (which can impact applications but not necessarily the browser).

In short, we show whatever Facebook sends us!

Regards,

Martin
vMix

I don't get why privacy options only applies to API but not to browser. Is there a way to disable the low quality filter? Maybe a configurable option on social.

Is kinda annoying when that happens, because people gets frustrated thinking that we don't want to show their messages.

Will get in touch back when this happens again.
IrvinCee  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 10:27:20 PM(UTC)
IrvinCee

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah, seen this many times over the the year(s).
It's their privacy setting.
It's logical u can't see them from the api, because the purpose of the api is by definition to redistribute which is a privacy violation if people don't want their comments to be seen by others.
Llorx  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:00:53 PM(UTC)
Llorx

Originally Posted by: IrvinCee Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, seen this many times over the the year(s).
It's their privacy setting.
It's logical u can't see them from the api, because the purpose of the api is by definition to redistribute which is a privacy violation if people don't want their comments to be seen by others.

But the comments are seen by others! And we are not even friends.

I still think is a bug because see how 2 comments are hidden and the third comment is shown https://i.imgur.com/xmZK5ck.png

With this image, I think that there's an obvious problem right there. The same person did 3 comments and only one is shown :-/
shawntempesta  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 9:48:32 AM(UTC)
shawntempesta

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Here to bump this up and agree with Liorx.

We are experiencing the same thing. SOME comments from a person will make it through, but not all. Some don't make it. It's peculiar.
Muhammad Tufail  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 3:15:43 PM(UTC)
Muhammad Tufail

Pakistan

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post

Yes, I have tried all the above procedures.

Hi Dear.

I am facing also the problem of not showing all the comments during our live video. It has shown some of the comments and we cannot set the pattern in vMix Social. As I have streamed video from my Facebook Public Page (I am the admin) through Camera and after login into vMix Social Media. Select the Post and show comments in localhost or Webbrowser. It will start displaying comments in the Vmix Social localhost browser windows.
But what I have faced is that selective comments are showing. Not all comments are showing as displayed on the Facebook Page. I need support in this regard. Please... Help Me to resolve this issue.
Regards

But when I ended up in the live session video, all those comments which are not showing are displayed automatically. But some comments are not showing during the Live video.

STADIORADIO  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 6:51:13 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I recently ran into the same problem and it happens to me with YouTube too. I am an administrator of a page and I manage a youtube channel, I have been using social vmix for years, but recently I have noticed that many messages are not displayed, sometimes even my comments.
m_santana  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 3:22:49 AM(UTC)
m_santana

United States

I have been experiencing this issue with Facebook for months now. We go live via vmix and stream and connect messages from Youtube, Twitch and Facebook LIVE and only Facebook LIVE does NOT display ALL messages.

Once the stream ends, all messages arrive after 2 mins at most. I am not sure why this is. I moved the streaming of Youtube and Twitch to another server just in case, but have not been able to make streaming work on Facebook LIVE outside of vmix, but I would like to see if moving the streaming out of vmix will fix this.