logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevespaw  
#181 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:49:19 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 44 post(s)
One more thing, could you make an "Export Script" tool. It would be a cool tool for building scripts quickly to use native in vMix.

Best,
Steve
stevespaw  
#182 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:52:19 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Ok now I am trying to figure out the "timer" function, you have in the guide a use case to set record start time. This is exactly a button I need, but I can't quite figure out how to create/use this function.

Thanks,
Steve
raugert  
#183 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:12:10 AM(UTC)
raugert

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. I'm assuming the batch file you would like to run, is to send commands to other programs outside of vMix ? I'm not too sure how this would integrate into the Panel Builder, as it is really designed to execute specific vMix functions. Perhaps you could elaborate on what your batch file would do, and I'll see if I can help.

- I can look at adding an "export script" feature to allow other controllers to use the scripts from within vMix. I'm guessing you are using other devices like X-Keys to control functions where the same scripts could be used ?

- The timer function is a one-shot timer. It will execute the command within a button at a specified time. Enter the desired time (in the 'Timer' field) that you wish to trigger the command of the selected button. The format is (6:30:00 pm)

Feel free to PM me if you like, if you are still having issues with the timer or other features.

cheers,
Richard
stevespaw  
#184 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:59:21 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Richard,
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of use cases for the Batch/executable use. This is to make a panel for a total non-user.

1. Launch Excel opening a predefined file and fill in the details for the graphics used in todays presentation.
2. Launch a Batch file that copies all of today's recordings to your Flash drive and to an archive folder.

Yes the Xkeys is exactly what I am looking at for the scripts. :-) I build most of my shows using scripts, they are way easier to manage. Your script builder is nice and would be a big leap for folks that are scared of code.

Now I am going to ask for one more:
Can you add and NDI viewer Window? This would truly top it off for our needs. Again we are trying to make a panel for non-users and confidence monitoring would be HUGE.

Thanks for your attention,

Best,
Steve

stevespaw  
#185 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:56:54 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steve,

- The timer function is a one-shot timer. It will execute the command within a button at a specified time. Enter the desired time (in the 'Timer' field) that you wish to trigger the command of the selected button. The format is (6:30:00 pm)

No Go on the timer, no matter what I do the command (Fullscreen on) happens when I press the button.

Annotation 2019-03-19 115501.png (72kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Any thoughts?

Steve
raugert  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:45:53 AM(UTC)
raugert

Sorry I put the format in brackets, but don't use the brackets. Just 11:52:00 am

The button is always active, so if you press the button, it will still execute the command. The timer will only execute the command at the specified time.
stevespaw  
#187 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:28:59 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I put the format in brackets, but don't use the brackets. Just 11:52:00 am

The button is always active, so if you press the button, it will still execute the command. The timer will only execute the command at the specified time.

Still No Go sorry :-(
Steve

raugert  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:51:44 AM(UTC)
raugert

Hmmm it should work. Did you use a leading 0 by chance ? Something like 02:30:00 pm instead of 2:30:00 pm ? I doesn't like the leading 0.

If that doesn't fix it, can you send me your .csv template file. I'll have a look at it and see what's going on..

thanks,
Richard