logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:30:06 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
because I have to read to see which transition I want to use, but if a graphic of that transition is applied to the button, I will know at a glance which is what

No we don't "read" a 4 letter word or even a 10 letter word. We just visualize the whole of it at once. In fact we recognize words exactly as pictures or symbols so it wouldn't make a difference at all imho.
I'm not saying this to bother you, it's a proven fact and that's the reason why our brain is able to "read" words with jumbled letters.

If you want to dig the subject:
https://www.scientificam...-hear-them-spoken-aloud/
https://www.mnn.com/life...can-read-jumbled-letters
and you can find a lot more that confirms what I'm saying.

There is absolutely no difference between a word and an image. A word IS a drawing.
It's not quicker to interpret a sign that shows a door with an arrow than a sign that shows the word "EXIT"

Guillaume
Joeboe  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:22:10 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
[img]http://[/img]
Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
because I have to read to see which transition I want to use, but if a graphic of that transition is applied to the button, I will know at a glance which is what

No we don't "read" a 4 letter word or even a 10 letter word. We just visualize the whole of it at once. In fact we recognize words exactly as pictures or symbols so it wouldn't make a difference at all imho.
I'm not saying this to bother you, it's a proven fact and that's the reason why our brain is able to "read" words with jumbled letters.

If you want to dig the subject:
https://www.scientificam...-hear-them-spoken-aloud/
https://www.mnn.com/life...can-read-jumbled-letters
and you can find a lot more that confirms what I'm saying.

There is absolutely no difference between a word and an image. A word IS a drawing.
It's not quicker to interpret a sign that shows a door with an arrow than a sign that shows the word "EXIT"

Guillaume

Alas, you do NOT understand what I am saying....if you take a look at This...This is what I am talking about
Joeboe  
#123 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:25:17 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: BETech Go to Quoted Post
Though in a situation whereby the message must be conveyed in a small visual environment such as a button, a picture can provide a more comprehensive description of the nature, the action and the motion of the object to the manipulated. Agreed by international organisations such as SMPTE, NAB and IEEE, there are a set of video wipe patterns that have been in existence for over 40 years. Recognisable by most who have had the opportunity to operate hardware vision mixing panels.

“VertcalWipeReverse”, “VerticalSlideReverse” amongst others, can be somewhat verbose when assigning the caption to a transition button, albeit a hardware or software based video switcher. Like all things, pictograms can work well in certain situations, while in others the narrative is better suited. Either way, an interesting request by Joeboe and challenge for Richard.

UserPostedImage

GREAT,...This is exactly what I am speaking about...If only there was a way for me to add these to the transition patterns to buttons, it would be a BIG PLUS for me, and I know many others who are used to traditional switchers.... Thanks BETech
raugert  
#124 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 3:56:24 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Here are the latest updates as per some feature request. (link in first post)
The major updates are:

- added grouping feature where a Button can dynamically control the parameters (Command, Input, Value) of other Buttons within the group, thus allowing you to change the parameters of several buttons at once. To program the Buttons into a group, enter a "Group" name or number in the "Group" field for each of the Buttons that you wish to control. Check the "Group Control" box for the Button(s) that will control the parameters of that particular group. You can have several Groups by giving each one a distinctive name.

- added "Icon Buttons". You can choose icons from the from the provided categories (Transitions, Inputs, Media) or add your own to the User tab. (Use the + - buttons) This will copy images from your other folders to the "Documents/vMix Panel Builder/UserIcons" folder. You can import .png or .jpg images. If they are transparent .png images, they can be tallied. Keep them relatively small as they are loaded into memory. A 500x500 px (40k) file is usually good enough. All the icons in this directory will be loaded when you launch VMPB so don't put more than you need in this folder.

- added a colour picker for Button colours and Canvas background. The selected colour is the colour you expect for a Tallied state. If the Button's command is Tally able, then the colour of the Button will be dimmed until it is tallied. If the command within the Button is not Tally able, the chosen colour will be the actual Button colour and will not dimmed.

- added ctrl-c and ctrl-v (cmd-c cmd-v) keyboard shortcut for cloning single and multiple objects. This makes it much quicker to add objects.

- auto-reconnect on loss of connection to vMix

- and … the usual bug fixes

Note: You will get a message indicating that your template was from a previous version. I had to do this to somewhat future proof the updates and adjust for the colour picker feature among other things. Your old template will be saved with a .bak if you need to use it with a previous version of VMPB. Also, some of the Button colours from your old templates may not appear exactly as before. You can adjust them in the new version and they will remain as chosen when re-opening the new templates.

Some of the features were a bit challenging in order to make them as flexible as possible. Especially the icons for vMix style transitions which aren't represented in SMPTE standards. You were right about that Ross (BETech) ! They may not be the best, but it's what I could come up with my limited Photoshop skills. That's why I added the User Icons option.. :)

Thanks for the usual feedback. I will continue to work on other features that have been requested. Some are just more complex than others...

cheers,
Richard
thanks 4 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
DWAM on 11/12/2018(UTC), Joeboe on 11/12/2018(UTC), TuesdaysLive on 11/12/2018(UTC), Video Dave on 11/13/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#125 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 6:42:48 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks very much...I will do some tests, and report any bugs if found
Joeboe  
#126 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:02:51 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

UPDATE: I tried the new ion layout, and I like it....I know you did some time getting things to work....Thanks...Now, there is always something that can be improved...yes, would it be possible to make those ICON keys to look like the Clear ones, where they will change colours in the same way....I think it would be great when working in bright or very dark environments.....but I like the new look
raugert  
#127 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:14:17 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks Joeboe. I totally agree, that's a good idea. The panel started to look like a rainbow otherwise !!... This is a quick fix and I will update it today. I have removed the link temporarily and will upload new one shortly (the version number will still be 2.0.31). If anyone downloaded the last version with the past day, you should reload it once I do the fix and repost the link..

thanks,
raugert  
#128 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:02:56 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Updated version 2.0.31 link in first post to reflect above request.
Joeboe  
#129 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:27:56 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Updated version 2.0.31 link in first post to reflect above request.

THANKS.! I downloaded and have a nice layout, but I have an issue with the "T" Bar...it id not as smooth as before, and sometimes the incoming video is stuck behind, and I have to tap on the mouse a few times to get it to switch completely... Most of the times it does not switch completely in either direction...so far, this is all I found.....I am using Windows
raugert  
#130 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 9:11:39 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Updates: (new version 2.0.32 in first post)

- fixed bug where UserIcons were not refreshing when deleting one that was in use

- added SelectedName pulldown menu in Script Builder (now gives list of Selected Names if the Input is an .Xaml)

- added "Timer” feature for buttons *Commands can now be activated at a specified time - use format {9:00:00 PM}. The buttons still work as controls, but will also actuate at a given time if you wish. I added this because I sometimes forget to record :). It also works with scripted buttons if that's useful for you.

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#131 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 1:43:11 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

This is easy to do...I have been testing this app from day one, and what I do, I make labels for each slider, place it at the bottom of each slider, untick 'opaque', remove the borders by setting it to '0'...This is one of my many layouts..Sometimes I remove all the borders, or I make them thinner....
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
raugert on 11/19/2018(UTC)
mudpatch  
#132 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 10:02:17 AM(UTC)
mudpatch

In the next update is it possible to expand the timer function and allow options to specify specific days and reoccurrence - like windows task scheduler?

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 3.58.16 PM.png (68kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
Joeboe  
#133 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 10:16:41 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I think you have the wrong idea for a switcher....it is a switcher, and NOT a scheduler.....a switcher is designed to select and switch between different inputs, eg...cameras, players slides etc......you need to check this link vMixhttps://forums.vmix.com/posts/t1...-and-Scheduling-for-vMix.....if you look at the screen shots in this post you will see what I am talking about....
mudpatch  
#134 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 2:18:07 PM(UTC)
mudpatch

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I think you have the wrong idea for a switcher....it is a switcher, and NOT a scheduler.....a switcher is designed to select and switch between different inputs, eg...cameras, players slides etc......you need to check this link vMixhttps://forums.vmix.com/posts/t1...-and-Scheduling-for-vMix.....if you look at the screen shots in this post you will see what I am talking about....

I understand - the vTask software seems good for pure scheduling but there doesn't appear to be any updates since earlier this year on that software.

I'm looking for switching from different inputs on various date/time. Right now I am doing this on vmix via windows task scheduler. this control panel seems like an ideal place to do both manual switching as well as scheduled switching if needed.

ThomasK  
#135 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:56:49 AM(UTC)
ThomasK

Man
Austria

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
vMix UTC works great for scheduling
just search the forum for download and tutorials
raugert  
#136 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 12:36:05 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: version 2.0.33

- Made faders Responsive - (They will now reflect vMix faders)
- fixed bug in Script Builder - didn’t always clear GUID for next event
- fixed bug in Script Builder - sleep command was not returning values properly

@mudpatch
Thanks for your suggestion regarding scheduling. The "timer' function was only intended as a trigger for a single timed event such as starting a recording before a show (for those like me who sometimes forget). The method I used is not conducive to dated or recurring events. I may look into adding a scheduling module in the future, but for now, you would be better served by an application designed for automation.
cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
DWAM on 12/5/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#137 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 2:28:08 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I enjoy this program....simple, easy to use, beautiful to look at ...man...you gave us the BEST control panel so far....you only put what you want, no bunch of unused buttons...only thing I wish I could do is change the images on the icons to what I want .....I have other images I would prefer, rather than the ones you have......some graphics I found on line that are a bit more attractive, or should I say looks a bit better
raugert  
#138 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 3:28:58 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

There is a "User" button that appears in the "IconBox" when you create a Button. This is where you can add your own icons. You can add and delete Icons by using the + - buttons. This will copy them into the "Documents/vMix Panel Builder/UserIcons" folder.

They must be .png or .jpg format. They will be loaded into memory, when the app is running, so be careful of the file size (a 500 x 500 px (40k) image is sufficient). And don't have too many unused icons in that directory, as it will use unnecessary memory..

If an icon is in a .png format, the transparent background will change to the Tally color when Tallied. If the icon is a .jpg, it will not tally.

give it a try, :)
Richard
Joeboe  
#139 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 5:36:20 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks...now you have me going after some experimentation.......thanks....and like I said....you have given us the BEST control panel....just create what you want, no extra or unused buttons.....I create a different one for different jobs....my sports panel is not the same I use for a concert, panel discussion, and soccer is different to Tennis...so I have many templates ... keep the good work up....
Joeboe  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:33:35 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I have a question:... Can you add audio level meters to your audio faders....this would be a great asset, especially when using the Panel Builder on the same PC as vMix.. also, I see that you mimick the tally in vMix, but sometimes that need to be reversed....You fixed the audio 'MUTE', but for the player icon buttons, can you do the same....I wish they were clear, and only show the tally colour when selected, as now, they work opposite....especially the 'PLAY/PAUSE button...and still, 'FULLSCREEN' does not tally ...it remains the same colour.....this is the PC version, as I do not have Mac......