logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1718192021>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ronald555  
#361 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 11:08:17 PM(UTC)
Ronald555

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Low cpu setting decreases the CPU by 50%. :)

PB needs a restart before the low cpu setting has effect.
Joeboe  
#362 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 2:28:26 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Just found a Bug....did an edit on one of my presets, and when I try to save it, it acts as if it is saved, but it is not...and the opened GUI does still remains the same, showing the original name...and when I go to where it should be saved, nothing is there...the new preset is not saved...
Ronald555  
#363 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 2:33:23 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

Did it maybe save it to another location?

When I started the PB update for the first time I couldn't change the name when saving.

PB suggested also different locations for open and save.

After editing the custom folders in prefs it works ok.
Joeboe  
#364 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 2:44:02 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

It is not saving here...did all I know to do, and it just not saving....

I have been using this program from the day it was launched, and this is the first time I can not change the name nor save an edited preset....
raugert  
#365 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:20:44 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Hi Joeboe

The new files are now saved with .vmpb extension for Desktop templates and .vmpbx for Tablet templates. When you open a newly saved file, you should select Desktop (*.vmpb) files in the dropdown. You can still load the older .CSV files but when they are re-saved, they will have a .vmpb extension

Also as Ronald mentioned, you might have to re-save your preferences.

hope this works for you,
Richard
Joeboe  
#366 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:44:43 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I did all that but I still can not rename nor save any of my new presets....yes, when I open an older file, they save with the new extension , which is ok, but the edited files will not save....I do not know why...I tried to make a new layout from scratch, and that is not saving either...
Ronald555  
#367 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:22:44 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I've got the same problem too.

When I open a preset I've got my preset folder as set in prefs.

But when I want to save a preset it opens the program folder instead and it saves the preset as VMPB 4.0.vmpb.
So it is not saved with the name I chose.

Sometimes it wants to save in the 'vMix Panel Builder 4.0.15' folder and the preset is named 'vMix Panel Builder 4.0.15.vmpb'.
Sometimes it wants to save in the 'vMix Panel Builder 4.0.15' subfolder and the preset is named 'VMBB4.0.vmpb'.

So the preset is always taking over the name from a folder in the saving folder.
raugert  
#368 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:41:20 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes, there appears to be something going on with the File saving. I'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

thanks for the report,
Richard
raugert  
#369 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 9:25:17 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update 4.0.16 (see first post)

- fixed file saving issue from version 4.0.15 (thanks for testing Joeboe)

Richard
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 3/28/2020(UTC), Ronald555 on 3/28/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#370 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:46:31 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

No problem.....that's my joy.....But...there is always a But....and you know how I like to give you challenges....can you create 3D icon buttons that have a glow effect....I did some playing around to have a glow look, and to looks kind of ok....but not a real glow

Why I did this, is sometimes I have to work in bright areas, and do not always see quickly enough buttons that are active, but with this method I came up with, it is very easy to see....just that in dark areas, they are a bit bright, but that is ok, I can get used to it....but a soft colour change, and a glow, that would save me a whole lot.....What I do though, is create one of what I need, and clone it as many times as needed.
Narcogen  
#371 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:37:36 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

I seem to be having a problem with 4.0.16 on MacOS and syncing to the iOS version of the app.

The new .vpmbx files display in the list of available templates for syncing, but are not copied to the device.

If I rename the same file with the old .tab extension, the same file syncs normally.
raugert  
#372 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:42:21 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Did you download the released version from the app store or were you using the Test Flight Beta version ? If you were using the Beta version, you should delete it and and download the release version.

Narcogen  
#373 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 7:04:15 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Yes.

Is there someplace other than this thread that I should be watching for release information?

I don't see any entry for this app in the App Store.

The version I have reports that it is Version 1.0.1 Build 11.

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I found it. It does not show under searches for just "vmix". It only seems to show up if you search for "vmix panel"
raugert  
#374 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 9:23:27 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes, the search algorithms on both Android Play Store and Apple App Store are not up to date. Apparently it improves as the app is distributed among the international stores...

The release information will now be managed by the App store as it is no longer available in TestFilght. You will receive update notifications when new versions are released.

Questions regarding the app should still be addressed on this forum.

regards,
Richard
christianm  
#375 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:28:59 PM(UTC)
christianm

Posted here a few times but wanted to say again just how great this software is - thank you for you time an effort maintaining it!

Just started using virtual PTZ while using vMix Panel Builder but have run into a problem. From within vMix I am using an Xbox controller for the PTZ however when I perform any action on vMixPB it takes focus from vMix and the xbox controller stops working until return focus to vMix bye either ALT-TAB or click its window. While this may seem like a little thing it quickly becomes painful if you are constantly adjusting PTZ especially if you are in a hurry as nothing happens until you refocus on vMix. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or workarounds?
raugert  
#376 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:16:15 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@christianm

I just tested and indeed when the focus is on any another application like excel or a browser (not limited to Panel Builder), vMix does lose control of the Xbox controller. I also have a Streamdeck controller connected and it continues to work even if focus is not on the vMix window. This appears to be something with the Xbox/vMix interface. It might be worth mentioning in the General forum or sending an email to vMix support.

cheers,
Richard
jholter  
#377 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 12:14:43 PM(UTC)
jholter

United States

Hi there. Just found Panel Builder yesterday, and it really is the answer to a lot of challenges I was facing with VMix. Very impressed. Major issue though...Panel Builder does not seem to load a saved panel so I can't get back to any of the work I have done on it. It just hangs with the "Loading Panel" icon. I'm on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4. Anyone else seeing this issue? Thanks!

--Jason
raugert  
#378 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ jholter

Thanks for the feedback Jason. I have not tested with the new Mac Catalina OS. Can you email me at info@studio793.ca If you can please attach your panel, it would help me see if I can sort this out.

much appreciated,
Richard
christianm  
#379 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 3:02:16 PM(UTC)
christianm

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@christianm

I just tested and indeed when the focus is on any another application like excel or a browser (not limited to Panel Builder), vMix does lose control of the Xbox controller. I also have a Streamdeck controller connected and it continues to work even if focus is not on the vMix window. This appears to be something with the Xbox/vMix interface. It might be worth mentioning in the General forum or sending an email to vMix support.

cheers,
Richard

Thanks raugert. Will do. In the mean time just used a little batch file to force the focus back to vMix run as an external applicaiton.

One more question. From within the script builder dynamic I was trying to add a command to alter the data sources i.e. DataSourceSelectRow however I can not locate that in the menus. It exists when creating standard buttons etc but disappears in this section. It may be a technical limitation that I am not aware of but love to know your thoughts?

Cheers.
Follo  
#380 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 11:42:54 PM(UTC)
Follo

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi.

I just tried to use the android app on an normal android phone not an tablet. The App is not showing the whole screen of the app. It seems that the UI is not scaled for phones. Is the app not for normal phones?