logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ronald555  
#281 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:20:28 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I noticed after closing some inputs in vMix that the fader of PB was acting choppy.
It appeared that the cpu usage of PB was almost 30%.

After deleting the corresponding buttons in PB the cpu usage was arround 10% again.

Is this normal behaviour when PB can't sync with non existing inputs in vMix?

edit: the cpu usage seems to be higher when virtual PTZ inputs are closed.

Maybe you can also improve the overall CPU usage?
I tested vMix with PB on a Core2Duo E8400 (Win10) and PB uses 50% (without inputs closed), vMix uses only 15%.
raugert  
#282 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:13:54 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
@Ronald555

Yes it is possible that it could happen. I'll see if I can improve that in the next update. Thanks for the report.

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#283 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:54:54 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
If you Right-Click on the label and "send it to back", it will be placed behind the buttons and the buttons should function normally.

This is how I do mine...I just send the label to the back, and it creates a nice border around my icons, keeping them in related frames.. I also took advantage of the new feature of Tally icons, and created my icons as words, so I can see them better...will do a little bit more to improve the look on those words.....
Ronald555  
#284 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:37:49 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

Another feature request:

Can you add tally-light buttons without switch functionality?
They should be brighten up when a specific input is in the program window.

I have added a border to a group virtual PTZ presets that becomes red when that particular camera is on air.
This is to prevent from changing the position of that camera.

I have done that with a big 'program' button set as background.
But sometimes that button is accidentally activated when pressing on the edge of a camera preset.

So I would like replace it by a 'passive' or 'only read' button with working tally function.

I hope I'm clear. :)
Joeboe  
#285 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:53:00 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

If you are using Icon buttons, try making a button in Photoshop, use the colour you want, and add an 'Outer Glow' to that and make it about 50% opacity, and spread it as wide as makes sense, this is a trial and error thing, and make it an icon tally....the same way I did with words in my example, and adjust the size to be slightly smaller than the button, and place it behind the button, so when the button is selected, the Icon tally will be activated, and appear to cause a glow on the button.....did a test and it looked great, but I just did not bother to do all my buttons...I just tested to see how it would look....
JW  
#286 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:53:07 PM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1 for the 'passive' buttons feature.

I have created a lot of L.E.D. style buttons as 'program indication only' buttons (I do everything with transitions).
Would really like it if they were passive.
Joeboe  
#287 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:51:06 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: JW Go to Quoted Post
+1 for the 'passive' buttons feature.

I have created a lot of L.E.D. style buttons as 'program indication only' buttons (I do everything with transitions).
Would really like it if they were passive.

I agree.....the transition buttons just do not have tallies that would indicate which transition is in use

JW  
#288 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 5:34:36 AM(UTC)
JW

Two color tally is also a very good idea.
Green when an input is in preview and red when in program. (like a Blackmagic Design ATEM switcher)
raugert  
#289 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:11:31 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

This would be somewhat difficult and mostly confusing because in vMix, Tallies are not only related to Preview and Program. For instance, buttons that control Audio on/off can also tally. I would suspect that the Atem Mini and other Atem switchers might do this for simplicity and to save a row of buttons. The buttons are dedicated to a specific function.

What you are asking for is to have "special buttons" that would respond to only Preview/Program commands. That's a whole other can of worms :) I'll have to think about that one...

cheers,
Richard
JW  
#290 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:20:04 AM(UTC)
JW

Thanks in advance!

Is a 'passive' button option easy to intergrade (or 'read only')?

raugert  
#291 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 6:22:10 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes, I have added that in the next update. Coming soon :)
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 12/20/2019(UTC)
raugert  
#292 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 8:17:35 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update 3.0.18 for vMix22 (this will be the final update for compatibility with vMix22). Going forward, only versions 4.0.x compatible with vMix23 will be updated.

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-3.0.18

- fixed InfoBox sometimes disappearing when Panel Builder set to “Always on top”
- InfoBox now remains in place when changing canvas size
- added “Passive" checkbox to allow buttons to show tally but no command is sent
- added "Multi-Page" feature (up to 6 pages) select the number of pages to display in preferences
- "Launch External" command can now launch windows batch files
- fixed “MissingIcons” popup where it would sometimes hide behind buttons.

Version 4.0.3 for vMix23 (Versions 4.0.x are designed for vMix23 and will not work with earlier versions of vMix)

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.3

- includes the above features and the following:
- added "Mix" features for new Mini-mixer
- added AudioBus shortcuts for new audio buses
- added SetBusXVolume shortcuts
- added BusXAudio shortcuts

thanks 4 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 12/20/2019(UTC), Ronald555 on 12/20/2019(UTC), ask on 12/20/2019(UTC), stevespaw on 12/21/2019(UTC)
Ronald555  
#293 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 10:47:37 PM(UTC)
Ronald555

I think I found a bug:

When I start PB 3.0.18 I've got the message 'usericons are missing for this template'.
However they are present in the default usericons folder. When I click OK it's working.
After restarting PB I've got the same message again.

When I load an older preset and then the one with usericons then there is no message.

V4.0.3 has the same problem. (this version seems to work with vMix22)

What I also noticed:
When rightclicking on the Page 1 button you can fill in text, but it will not be renamed.
raugert  
#294 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:52:53 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks for the reply Ronald555.

You shouldn't be getting the missing Icons message if they are all there. When you get the "User Icons missing" message, what file type are the ones missing (png, jpg, jpeg) ? That might give me a clue.. I can't seem to duplicate it.

V4.0.3 will trigger the commands on vMix22 but it might not tally properly.

For renaming the Page buttons, you need to hit enter after renaming it. If you click on the canvas, it won't renamed.

regards,
Richard

Ronald555  
#295 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 1:00:19 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I've got the message with png and jpg.

When I remove the usericons and then start PB, I've got the message also when loading another preset and the icons are missing ofcourse.
Copy them back, restart PB and the message is still there, loading another preset displays the usericons again without message.
So everything is working ok, but don't know why PB can't find the icons when starting.

I think this will explain a lot:

When starting PB, the preset is loading, all buttons are visible, the message appears and then the usericons are shown while the message is still there.
Probably it takes some time to load them (PB is using 30-40% CPU, but when I open Page 2 with only a few buttons it drops to 10%))
stevespaw  
#296 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2019 2:46:33 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I have the same issue when restarting PB.
Many times it will not load the icons, but, if I reopen the project they seem to work fine.

Thanks for the newest version. This is the only major issue I have found so far.

Steve
raugert  
#297 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 3:54:58 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update: Version 4.0.4

* This will now work with both vMix22 and vMix23 *. Rather than fix bugs in 2 different versions, I've added compatibility for users still on vMix22.
However, I would still encourage users to update to vMix23 if you can.

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.4

- fixed icon loading issue
(If icons is missing they will show up in the "Missing Icons" popup. You can re-add them by clicking on any icon button and using the "+" sign to reload the missing Icons. Then click "File-> OpenLast" to refresh.)
(Alternatively, you can simply add the icons back into the "Documents/vMix Panel Builder/UserIcons" directory using the File Explorer or Finder then click "File-> OpenLast" to refresh )

- added compatibility with vMix22

- also fixed some small bugs

regards,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 12/22/2019(UTC)
Ronald555  
#298 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:13:29 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

When I start the new version I don't get the message, but the user icons are missing.
When I reload the config file it's OK, but after restarting they are missing again.
All the icons are present in the default usericons folder.

Tried PB on another much faster computer, but I've got the same issue.

Maybe it will help to build in a delay of a few seconds before loading the panel. (because performing an 'open last' within a few seconds does fix it)

(btw If I run PB on a second monitor and that monitor is disconnect, PB wil not appear on the primary monitor, not even after a computer restart)
Joeboe  
#299 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 5:57:36 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Update: Version 4.0.4

* This will now work with both vMix22 and vMix23 *. Rather than fix bugs in 2 different versions, I've added compatibility for users still on vMix22.
However, I would still encourage users to update to vMix23 if you can.

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.4

- fixed icon loading issue
(If icons is missing they will show up in the "Missing Icons" popup. You can re-add them by clicking on any icon button and using the "+" sign to reload the missing Icons. Then click "File-> OpenLast" to refresh.)
(Alternatively, you can simply add the icons back into the "Documents/vMix Panel Builder/UserIcons" directory using the File Explorer or Finder then click "File-> OpenLast" to refresh )

- added compatibility with vMix22

- also fixed some small bugs

regards,
Richard

THANKS bro...thank you very much, and all is working GREAT...so far....no issues found as yet...When I get vMix 23, I will let you know if I find any bugs....but updating right now is not possible, and I plan in 2020 to build a new system...until then, I will just work along with with ver. 22....Once again..many thanks for adding ver.22 support.....

TBacker  
#300 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 8:53:07 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
New user here - thanks for the very useful utility!

We're on the Windows version and have bumped into a few bugs and unexpected behaviors:

1. vMix inputs with a + in the name are not working from VMPB. You need to replace the + in the input name with %2b when passing it to vMix via HTTP. I would use an & in my input names instead, but vMix itself doesn't display ampersands (treats them as shortcuts per windows API and they get replaced with underscores).

2. In edit mode, if you click on save as read only, the password dialog box opens but is being treated like a new part of the layout (surrounded by a dotted line and inoperative). Also, the buttons on that dialog are completely blacked out (text unreadable) in either mode. The background on my layout is solid black if that has any bearing.

3. Element locking (padlock button in upper left) not persisted through restart. This may be intended, but persistence would be helpful in preventing mishaps.

4. Custom background color setting in prefs not saving (always comes up as black plastic after restart). It is saving to the prefs file, but when VMPB starts up it overwrites it back to black plastic.

And one feature request: It would be preferable to have a way to password lock panels to prevent modification / editing by operators. The panel can still be a controller, but will not go into edit mode without a password. Or you could make this a general preference requiring a password to edit any open panel. Just would like something to keep tinkering / accidental fingers out of the panel setups.