logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:34:02 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Speegs wrote:
Rtmp on a LAN can get latency of about 1s. Maybe use ffmpeg to playback on a Pi it allows control of the buffers via the command line. My experience is with Nimble finely tuned you can get 0.6s via rtmp across the world.

I apologize for the delay.
I spent a weekend on this and then had other projects to work on.
I am going to devote some more time to this and I think I will be trying VLC on the RasPi to see what it can do for me.

I would love to get sync on all the TV's via streaming except I am not sure how I would do that, I think multicast but not positive.

Since I am using the Free MistServer right now I don't have anything fancy I can do.
Also I used my Oldest Pi B to see if it worked and it did. I kept crashing it but I think that was me doing a bit too much, 1080p 30fps, I forget the speed but it was the highest then I used the lowest 1080p settings.

After I post this I am off to check out kjones9999 stuff.
Also I want to see what a PiZero with MistServer can do, I am not expecting much since it is WiFi only, I could add a USB to LAN if I wanted except that would defeat the purpose of trying the PiZero since I want to see what it can do by itself. I am curious if you could OTG to a PC and get faster results except then I would need a PC.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.
My favorite option so far but it is a bit expensive compared to using my existing equipment is to use a Digital Box to send the digital signal via COAX as I know that will be a very tight sync.
If I can figure out how to sync the stream that would be the best way except I keep using different technologies and they all have different speeds.
DWAM  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 5:49:55 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Rich

I do in house streaming for a long time. Multicast is definitely the best way to go if you don't want to use coax.
I have 2 multicast streams in my network:
- the first one is my sat receiver 24/7
- the 2nd one is my vMix production and tests

I have always used FFMPEG or VLC to produce my multicast TS over UDP. Either from a capture card or vMix External out.

Recently I bought a cheap chinese H.264 hardware encoder I wanted to evaluate. It does RTMP, RTSP, HTTP and Multicast TS.
For the price it delivers an excellent image quality and runs smoothly 24/7. It is very easy to use and it turns out I now use it as a backup encoder for my productions. It can stream up to 2 FullHD protocols (1 RTMP + 1 TS for example) at the same time or up to 4 streams using different protocols and resolutions (2 1080 + 1 720 + 1 360 for example)
I highly recommend it for your project : http://www.ebay.com/itm/...-Broadcast-/262721536036

Bien à toi
Guillaume

Kelvin  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:20:02 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Here's a cost effective solution that may work.

Mirabox IP Receiver

For use with this set: Mirabox IP Transmitter/Receiver Pack

The documentation suggests multiple receivers can be used with a single transmitter over a network.

Haven't tried it myself, but it could work fairly economically.