logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corporatejames  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 8:44:44 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
DanMiall wrote:
Thanks All,

Firstly to address the communications side of things, for that I apologise - to bring a product to market from scratch (hardware design, including building a multichannel 3G-SDI/HDMI i/o interface from scratch, firmware, FPGA (NDI) IP and UX experience) takes a lot of work, the team, including myself have literally been working around the clock since we announced BirdDog Studio NDI and the part that suffered in the push to bring the product to market was communications - this is something that we are addressing and starting very soon you will see a lot more activity from us in that space. It was never about wanting to be 'radio silent', just a (human) bandwidth issue.

In terms of features, we have a full roadmap of features and products, it's an important distinction that the product is called Studio NDI and the brand is BirdDog... to talk specifically about features, I'm afraid would line all of us for another round of discussions on time to market, etc. To be sure the hardest part of bringing Studio NDI to market has been developing the only hardware-based NDI CODEC available from scratch, that took an enormous effort and is now 'done', this means additional features and functions will not suffer anywhere near as long development times. Suffice to say that we are aware of the challenges in modern productions in terms of team collaboration, quality, cost of equipment and ease of use!

Thanks

Dan

Great to been able to setup and test one already @DanMiall at SMPTE17 with Vmix.