logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3233343536>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
conf.ngd  
#661 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:25:55 AM(UTC)
conf.ngd

Groups: Registered
Russian Federation

I won't be able to check until tomorrow. Then I'll unsubscribe.
Joeboe  
#662 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:30:44 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Both are doing the same thing...

Also, can you give us Horizontal VU meters as well.... I created a template and I think a Horizontal VU meter would look better on it....just to us a choice...
Joeboe  
#663 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:22:39 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I am having very long waits to get my iPad sync....the icons are taking forever to load.....and I can not get templates to load most of the time.....it stays stuck it seems forever....
raugert  
#664 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:53:01 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Hi Joeboe,

How big are your icons (file size) ? They shouldn't take too long to load if they are under 40k ...
Joeboe  
#665 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:55:42 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I remade them and they are around 16k.....and another thing I can not get all the buttons to load either, and the wrong icons keep returning, even though I changed them in the template, and the template folder....template icons from a previous template keep loading....very frustrating

Now none of the icons are syncing...it is all blank...no icons showing but I et the template file

I am using an iPad with the latest updates....this is really frustrating...over 2 days of testing and it just would not work

UPDATE: I finally got everything to work...I had to load most of the icons one by one into the correct folder first.....but I am still g not satisfied.....it is very laggy...sometimes it responds quickly, and another time, it does not respond ell, takes a few seconds to work.....and the VU meters are never accurate....they respond very sluggish.....is there a way Panel Builder can work on the iPad while plugged into the main PC

Thanks
claudeir  
#666 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 4:12:46 AM(UTC)
claudeir

Hi my friends in VMIX UTC with have NDI MONITOR to put vMix preview or vMix PGM on it.

Do you plans to put that in PANEL BUILDER? If yes, when?

Thanks a lot for supporting us with that so great JOB PANEL BUILDER.

Best Regards

Claudeir Ribeiro - BRAZIL

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Use the Desktop app to design your own Custom Control Panels.
It is fully customizable and works on PC, MAC, Android Tablets (not phones) and iPads
and it's FREE !!

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.44.24 PM.png (345kb) downloaded 134 time(s).

Features:

- Window can be sized to whatever you like. Make large panels for multiple functions or small panels for simple functions.
- Create Android and iPad panels using the Desktop app and sync to your tablet.
- The background "theme" is selectable
- Buttons can have the "Classic Switcher" Clear button look or Coloured buttons with adjustable border size or Icon Buttons with customizable icons.
- Resizable Buttons, Labels and Faders can be added to canvas. Clone single or multiple objects.
- vMix Commands can be placed directly in Buttons and Faders
- "Hotkeys" - Keyboard keys can be assigned to Buttons
- Timer feature to send Button commands at a specified time (one time trigger)
- Objects can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas by drop and drag. Button/Label colours and border sizes can be adjusted to suit users.
- Labels can be placed on top or behind objects and made opaque or transparent. Border size, Text size and Colour is adjustable.
- Faders can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas. VU's can be hidden in Preferences if desired.
- Buttons and Faders can be assigned to any vMix commands (All the vMix shortcut commands are available on dropdown menus)
- Run vMix scripts directly within app using the "Script Builder". No need to know programming
- No need to program the midi shortcuts in vMIx.
- Can be used on local network (LAN) or DDNS if you wish to control from outside your network (requires DDNS server)

——————————————————————

Download Links:

Version 4.0.29 (updated 20 Jan 2021)
https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.29

* IMPORTANT NOTE: In an effort to comply with the recommended file structures, the default "Templates" and "UserIcons" folders have been moved to the users' "Documents/vMix Panel Builder" folder. This can still be changed in the preferences if necessary. You can import your old Templates and UserIcons to the new folders by selecting the Import Feature in the "Tools" menu. Your old UserIcons may be in the folder where you installed a previous version of Panel Builder.

New Installation Instructions:

Windows

1. Copy the complete VMPB 4.0.27 Winxx folder to the location of your choice (usually the C:/Program Files (x86) directory)
2. Create a shortcut from the vMix Panel Builder.exe file and drag it to the desktop
4. Check the default folders in the Preferences and change them to suit your needs. The defaults are usually good for most users. They may need to be changed for networked users. Check with your network admins.
4. Copy your previous UserIcons files by selecting Tools> Import UserIcons (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)
5. Copy your previous Template files by selecting Tools> Import Templates (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)

MAC

1. Copy only the "vMix Panel Builder.app" file into the Applications folder (This has changed from previous methods where the whole folder needed to be copied). The app is now notarized and code signed with Apple and should load properly on newer Mac OS.
2. If you want to create a shortcut, you can drag the vMix Panel Builder icon from the Applications folder to the Desktop or Dock
4. Check the default folders in the Preferences and change them to suit your needs. The defaults are usually good for most users.
4. Copy your previous UserIcons files by selecting Tools> Import UserIcons (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)
5. Copy your previous Template files by selecting Tools> Import Templates (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)

-- The "User Guide" has also been updated to include the new features: --

ChangeLog
https://cli.re/vMix-ChangeLog

User Guide
http://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-user-guide

Sample Templates:
http://cli.re/vmix-sample-templates

*** Check out the DEMOS/TUTORIALS on Youtube ***

https://www.youtube.com/...UCdVwwdup4A9NMH--dYJN1ew

Sample Video- Introduction to vMix Panel Builder: Updated 9 Apr 20

Get the Free "vMix Panel" app on the Apple App store and the Google Play Store.

Here's how it works:

1. Design your custom control panel using the latest vMix Panel Builder Desktop software (available from the vMix forum under 3rd party apps) Requires version 4.0.16 or newer

** Make sure to create your templates as "Tablet Templates". Choose "New Tablet" from the file menu. You should also set "Tablet Template" as default in the preferences. This will save the template in the proper format for iPad and Android Tablets. Unlike desktop templates, these are not resizable. The files will be saved with .vmpbx extension, which will be used when syncing to tablets. Templates created for desktop will not sync to tablets.

2. When you are ready to sync your templates, simply launch the vMix Panel Builder Desktop application. You don't need to load any templates.
3. Select "Sync to Tablet" in the file menu (it will display the IP to enter in the Host IP field in the vMix Panel application on your tablet)
4. Set your Tablet's Wifi setting to the same network as your Host computer
5. Launch the "vMix Panel" application on your tablet
6. Enter the Host IP (IP from the above Host computer) in the preferences (cog icon)
7. Enter the vMix IP in the preferences.
8. Use the "sync icon" to Sync and transfer your Templates and your UserIcons from your computer to your Tablet via Wifi Network.
9. Select the "folder icon" and choose the Template file you wish to load .
10. Start controlling vMix with your Tablet.

Demo video:

** Panel Builder users need your support for future improvements **

The Panel Builder app uses the information in the vMix API XML to 'tally' the buttons. Unfortunately, some information is not yet available in the API, therefore some commands cannot change the state or "tally" the buttons.

Quite often, feature requests for improvements to the vMix API are unsupported by users at large. These request are important to 3rd party app developpers that are working for you (Most of the time for Free). Typically, the vMix admins look at the number of +1 replies supporting the request before considering action.. If you don't support it, it may not be considered.

If you are a Panel Builder user and want to support some new features requested by other users, please add your (+1) to the following active threads.

https://forums.vmix.com/...ctivator-for-SOLO-of-BUS
https://forums.vmix.com/...5288-AudioAuto-activator
https://forums.vmix.com/...e-API-XML-and-Activators

raugert  
#667 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 12:38:18 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Joeboe

What version of iPad are you using ? There is an inherent lag mobile devices, even more on Androids. I am working on a way to improve this, but tallies and especially VU meters are quite CPU intensive and some devices don't have the CPU power to properly display the VU's . Connecting the iPad to the computer would not really help.

@ Claudier

There is currently no plan to add NDI monitor to the app. The app was primarily designed as a controller. There are other apps that can provide an NDI monitoring better than I can. :)

Richard
Joeboe  
#668 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 9:32:16 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I am using the ipad MD511LL/A IOS 10.3.3
NHT  
#669 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 2:03:59 AM(UTC)
NHT

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi, firstly, thank you, I love PB.

I've got an issue with the tally, if I tick 'set text to button info' the tally no longer works.

Also, what's the simplest way to make a single button do multiple actions?

Many thanks again :)
Joeboe  
#670 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 3:16:44 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

If you are using Panel Builder, Select 'Scripting',> 'ScriptStartDynamic', and select New Command' and select whatever you want from there in the dropdown menu, and setup your commands from there. You can add as many commands as you need there, and there is a button top right where you can test the script, so you do not have to close and reopen all the time to make corrections...Hope I gave you enough explanation to help you to get started...
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
NHT on 4/6/2021(UTC)
raugert  
#671 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 12:11:38 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ NHT

-----I've got an issue with the tally, if I tick 'set text to button info' the tally no longer works. --------

I'll have a look at that for the next update.

-----Also, what's the simplest way to make a single button do multiple actions? ----------

If you have only 2 actions, you can use the button "up" to issue one command and button "down" to issue another. If you need more than that, use Joeboe's suggestion using the Scripting..

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
NHT on 4/6/2021(UTC)
NHT  
#672 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:39:12 PM(UTC)
NHT

@ NHT

-----I've got an issue with the tally, if I tick 'set text to button info' the tally no longer works. --------

I'll have a look at that for the next update.

-----Also, what's the simplest way to make a single button do multiple actions? ----------

If you have only 2 actions, you can use the button "up" to issue one command and button "down" to issue another. If you need more than that, use Joeboe's suggestion using the Scripting..

cheers,
Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard!
Joeboe  
#673 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:52:09 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I seem to be a bit puzzled....I have Panel Builder on a laptop, and am controlling vMix on my desktop with almost frame accurate response, and it is working so smooth and good....why is it not as fluid on an iPad...can Panel Builder be installed on an iPad, rather than having to do the syncing method, so that it might work smoother....Seth had made a control surface that works well, and is loaded onto the ipad directly....if that is possible it will make this app superior to all others by far.....it works so well on my laptop to control vMix on my desktop....

Just a question

Joeboe
raugert  
#674 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 2:43:57 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Joeboe,

The iPad app is essentially a modified Panel Builder app without the editing features. It would be too complex to design an iPad version with "editing" features and would only slow it down further. Thus, the reason for syncing files created on a desktop application (Panel Builder) into a mobile device. The application designed by Seth did not allow users to design "custom templates" and was designed as a standalone app. That's a completely different thing.

Because the Panel Builder is "user programable", it requires more complex parsing of the vMix API XML in order to suit each users needs. This is why the responsiveness also varies with each users device. iPads and tablets generally don't have the same CPU power as computers, making it difficult for them to process the users' custom Button tallies, Lists with timecode, VU's, etc... all in real time. I will endeavour to improve the responsiveness on these devices as much as possible.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/10/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#675 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:40:08 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks for your quick reply....hope things speed up soon....

NHT  
#676 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 5:49:19 AM(UTC)
NHT

@raugert

Richard I think I may have discovered an issue.

I'm trying to use dynamic inputs to assign inputs to each of vMix's 4 main outputs.

PB works great with standard input values but when I try to send Preview or main output to any of the 4 outputs, it sends the input number currently in preview or program, not preview/program themselves. For example if input 13 is in preview, it sends input 13 to Output2, not Preview.

I can get this to work using an internal vMix shortcut by using:-

Function = SetOutput2
Input = Dynamic2
Value = Preview

I've tried every combination of values and index's I can think, both in the button dialogue window and Script Builder, but still only get the input from preview/program, not preview/program themselves.

Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated :)
raugert  
#677 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 1:57:32 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@NHT

I'm not currently at a vMix computer but according to the shortcuts guide the SetOutput2 command responds to the "Value" field. You have entered Preview so it will only display what is in the Preview. If you want to send a specific Input to Output2, you would normally enter the word 'Input' in the value field and choose the corresponding Input in the Input field. I'm not sure if that will work with Dynamic Inputs, but you can start with that. I'll test it when I'm back next week..

cheers,
Richard
NHT  
#678 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 6:33:11 PM(UTC)
NHT

@NHT

I'm not currently at a vMix computer but according to the shortcuts guide the SetOutput2 command responds to the "Value" field. You have entered Preview so it will only display what is in the Preview. If you want to send a specific Input to Output2, you would normally enter the word 'Input' in the value field and choose the corresponding Input in the Input field. I'm not sure if that will work with Dynamic Inputs, but you can start with that. I'll test it when I'm back next week..

cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard, what I want to do is assign 'Preview' to say Output2, in the same way you would select it in the drop-downs in vMix's Output settings. So that Output2 constantly shows whatever is in Preview and do the same for main output.

raugert  
#679 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:49:40 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@NHT

"Quote"
Thanks Richard, what I want to do is assign 'Preview' to say Output2, in the same way you would select it in the drop-downs in vMix's Output settings. So that Output2 constantly shows whatever is in Preview and do the same for main output.

To assign "Preview" to Output2 you only need to enter the following:

Function = SetOutput2
Value = Preview
* no need to enter anything in the Input field

"Quote"
PB works great with standard input values but when I try to send Preview or main output to any of the 4 outputs, it sends the input number currently in preview or program, not preview/program themselves. For example if input 13 is in preview, it sends input 13 to Output2, not Preview.

Sorry, I'm confused here. If you assign Preview to Output2, then whatever is in the Preview window will appear on Output2. If Input 13 is in Preview, then isn't that what should appear ? I'm not clear on what you mean by "preview/program themselves" ?
NHT  
#680 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 4:54:16 AM(UTC)
NHT

@raugert

Sorry, I'm confused here. If you assign Preview to Output2, then whatever is in the Preview window will appear on Output2. If Input 13 is in Preview, then isn't that what should appear ? I'm not clear on what you mean by "preview/program themselves" ?

Hi Richard, sorry if I wasn't clear.

When I try to send preview or output to say Output2 using them as a dynamic input, PB sends whatever input is currently in Preview, but not preview, but rather the input directly.

If I check in 'settings->outputs' PB has changed the input, but to whatever individual input was in preview, not preview itself.

So if item 13 is currently in preview, when I use PB it locks item 13 to Output2, not Preview that would update each time I select a different input to Preview.

As I say, I can get this to work with an internal vMix shortcut but not in PB :(

Hope that makes sense, I appreciate your time.