logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3132333435>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBacker  
#641 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 4:20:02 AM(UTC)
TBacker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Possible bug on the latest version...

When designing a panel on a screen smaller than the panel size, in edit mode, the edit window disappears and can't be brought into view. It's in the taskbar / alt+tab selections, but selecting it just flashes and disappears. I assume it's probably rendering off screen somewhere.

I was attempting to work on a 1920x1030 panel on a 1366x768 laptop display. I'll have to wait to do it until I get to my home workstation with larger screens.
raugert  
#642 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:18:30 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Yes I think that could happen if the default panel is larger than the screen you are using .. (never considered that happening)

Try this:
Change your default panel size when you first load the app so that it fits your screen. Then load the larger panel. Now when you open the "InfoBox" in edit mode, it should open to the inside right of your "default" panel size. You can now move it around if you need.

Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
TBacker on 3/4/2021(UTC)
TBacker  
#643 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 8:33:03 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Thanks, Richard, for looking into that. I assumed that you just have the edit window default aligning to the right edge of the panel. Id guess it's just a matter of a new if/then to compare that Y to the windows desktop width and choose the lower number.

A couple of other things (sorry, I haven't been working with VMPB for a while)....

1. Are there any restrictions on size/shape/bit-depth of PNG images used for usericons? I have a bunch I made up. The thumbnails show up in the edit window, but about 1/3 of them won't actually assign to a button. All were edited in the same program and saved the same way. The ones that work are perfectly square, the ones that don't are rectangular. All have transparency.

EDIT: I figured out the issue above. It turns out that clicking on a part of the thumbnail that is transparent selects....nothing. The middle of a lot of my images are transparent. Had to click on a part that had color / some alpha.

2. In searching for an answer to question 1, I saw a lot of back and forth about trouble with usericon locations. I wonder if you might consider a zipped format for the panel files, and have vmpb house it's panel config and associated icons in one file. You're already keeping the parts in memory, so the proposed format would just get decompressed straight to memory upon opening. An added bonus is that your password protection system could then utilize the native password functionality of the zip format. Finally, it would make panel config transport to different systems very easy.

3. From what I read, it looks like you're writing this in .net (vb.net)? I was researching for a vb.net project I'm thinking about, and it seems pretty easy to embed VLC into .net apps to use as a monitor. Maybe the NDI API could also be embedded, but in either case - maybe the roadmap could include a video window to stream H.264 or NDI for confidence monitoring.
Monday Production  
#644 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 12:49:07 AM(UTC)
Monday Production

Norway

Hi Richard!

Thanks for a great software and a nice supplement to controlling vMix from another computer.

I just wonder if it would be possible to ad the ability to edit and ad titles in the Panel Builder like in the wMix Web Controller.
https://www.vmix.com/kno...ix-web-controller#Titles

Also the possibility to have titles shown as a dropdown menus for easier access to the different title presets would be great.
The possibility to have dropdown menus would also be very nice with the use of datasources and lists.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kim
HuperSom  
#645 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 8:40:03 AM(UTC)
HuperSom

Man
Portugal

Download Error !!!
raugert  
#646 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 12:54:55 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Monday Productions

Hi Kim,

vMix Panel Builder uses the vMix API XML to display tallies and Input information. Unfortunately, the title presets are not available in the API. This is why the "Title" object can only display the current item in the Title Input. As much as it would be nice to have the full list of Title presets, it is not possible at the moment.

@ Hupersom

Please elaborate on "Download Error". Some errors are related to anti-virus software. MalwareBytes has been know to block downloads through Capsulink. If that's the case, try to accept the download when prompted. If you are still having problems, please email me at info@studio793.ca

regards,
Richard
raugert  
#647 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 1:17:15 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: TBacker Go to Quoted Post
Had to click on a part that had color / some alpha

Yes indeed, the alpha part of the icon is not recognized by the mouse click. Glad you found that. I sometimes forget about that when someone has a similar issue.

Quote:
I wonder if you might consider a zipped format for the panel files

I didn't really look at that but I think it might just complicate things further. Food for thought though...

Quote:
It looks like you're writing this in .net (vb.net)?

I use Livecode for writing the apps mostly because of the multi-platform feature.

Quote:
Maybe the NDI API could also be embedded

There are already several apps to monitor NDI. (much better than I can create :) The Panel Builder app is more focused as a controller for vMix.

best regards,
Richard
Zetor1980  
#648 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 7:10:32 AM(UTC)
Zetor1980

I can't find 'Oncountdowncompleted' command , please add it in next ;)
raugert  
#649 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2021 12:46:09 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: Zetor1980 Go to Quoted Post
I can't find 'Oncountdowncompleted' command , please add it in next ;)

'Oncountdowncompleted' is a "trigger" which is associated to an Input. Triggers are managed with vMix itself and not available as commands within the vMix API.
Monday Production  
#650 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 4:55:23 AM(UTC)
Monday Production

Norway

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@Monday Productions

Hi Kim,

vMix Panel Builder uses the vMix API XML to display tallies and Input information. Unfortunately, the title presets are not available in the API. This is why the "Title" object can only display the current item in the Title Input. As much as it would be nice to have the full list of Title presets, it is not possible at the moment.

regards,
Richard

Ok, thanks for your reply Richard, but the vMix Web Controller access the title presets through the local IP adresse and I think with the use of POST command in html...?
I’m not a programer so I could be way of here, but would it not be possible to integrate this commands to in the Panel Builder?

Kim
MitchP  
#651 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 7:20:22 PM(UTC)
MitchP

United Kingdom

I have updated to 4.0.29, but I am still finding that the Tally is broken on BusXAudio buttons. The release notes say that this should be fixed in this version. Is this working for anybody else?

Cheers,
Mitch
xztraz  
#652 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:09:36 PM(UTC)
xztraz

Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
trying this on a smaller tablet. the dialog box for selecting panels to sync is a bit to large and don't fit in the display.

also the app don't seem to save ip to vmix or sync if no sync has been done.

could a button that don't support tally get some passive tally?
maybe make on off buttons that send different commands. use the up down but make the button also non momentary as an option.
raugert  
#653 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 1:41:21 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: xztraz Go to Quoted Post
trying this on a smaller tablet. the dialog box for selecting panels to sync is a bit to large and don't fit in the display.

I am working on a new interface to accommodate smaller tablets. Hopefully in the next release..

Originally Posted by: xztraz Go to Quoted Post
could a button that don't support tally get some passive tally?
maybe make on off buttons that send different commands. use the up down but make the button also non momentary as an option.

This has been requested in the past, but is not a good idea, as it does not reflect an actual tally condition and could not be reliable.
raugert  
#654 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 1:43:28 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: MitchP Go to Quoted Post
I have updated to 4.0.29, but I am still finding that the Tally is broken on BusXAudio buttons. The release notes say that this should be fixed in this version. Is this working for anybody else?

Sorry Mitch. I'll look into this for the next release. There may still be an issue. Thanks for the report..

Richard
xztraz  
#655 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 12:37:41 AM(UTC)
xztraz

Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

This has been requested in the past, but is not a good idea, as it does not reflect an actual tally condition and could not be reliable.

yes of course this is a side effect and operator needs to be aware of this. but the possibility would be nice. it's a shame vmix doesn't have a full api with everything tally-enabled.
could you not just lock for the ack on the request to vmix api for a "confirmation" that it at least was received.

great with some work on the config interface for tablets.

conf.ngd  
#656 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:41:43 AM(UTC)
conf.ngd

Russian Federation

Raugert, is it possible to get the configuration file of the panel shown in the first message.I try to repeat this, but it does not work, unfortunately. Thanks.
raugert  
#657 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 4:56:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: conf.ngd Go to Quoted Post
Raugert, is it possible to get the configuration file of the panel shown in the first message.I try to repeat this, but it does not work, unfortunately. Thanks.

Sample Templates and Documentation can be downloaded from the links in the first post.

regards,
Richard
Joeboe  
#658 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 5:02:10 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi, just realized I have an issue with PanelBuilder when adding Icon buttons....all my inputs go blank, and some of the buttons go blank as well, I have to save, and close, then reopen to see them all again....I thought it was my PC, until I went and found it is happening on all the systems

Thanks...
conf.ngd  
#659 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:09:29 AM(UTC)
conf.ngd

Russian Federation

Rugert, figured out the extensions in the templates. Thanks! A miracle, not a program. One depressing thing: why can't I adapt the program to the phone permission? There is a situation where the stream and video shooting is conducted by one person. It starts a remote broadcast and changes the titles at a sports event. It is very difficult to work with a camera and a tablet. The phone is more convenient in this case, but it is not possible to open the script on it due to the inability to open the template. We are forced to continue to use the connection to the Vmix WEB page. Can this be fixed?
raugert  
#660 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:17:57 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ conf.ngd

The app was never intended for phones, but I am working on a new interface for smaller devices such as Android and iPhones.

@ Joeboe

Are you using the "+" button in the Infobox or are you using the "Import UserIcons" from the Tools menu. Can you try both and tell me if they both react that way. You can PM me if you prefer..

cheers,
Richard