logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stream_Director  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:59:35 AM(UTC)
Stream_Director

Groups: Registered
United States

Looking for a way to volume fade up. With my broadcasting background for 2 major broadcasting companies, I notice this is a feature missing from vMix. I can fade out video, but no button to fade in or out the audio automatically. Nothing is told about this potential feature in any help sections I read. In the broadcast world, audio and video, all sorts of automatons make fade in and fade out easy, with the board/console or the actual program. With vMix, this is not possible, making live events that are streamed a train wreck and awkward. In the TV field, it is ALWAYS that you fade someone up, not "cut" or "click" to them. In the radio world, we were told to always fade up a live remote.

For a more polished feel to streams, can you add a "fade audio up" feature and a button to the inputs? We also should be able to configure the length of the fade up as well, just like the video transitions.

Please move this thread, if it is not in the correct location.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 4:50:22 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 540 time(s) in 440 post(s)
SetVolumeFade shortcut/function

Set volume gradually over x milliseconds.
Value = Volume 0-100,Milliseconds
Stream_Director  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 6:31:10 AM(UTC)
Stream_Director

United States

Is this fade IN or fade OUT? Also, where would the instructions be for making this shortcut? I also need this for EVERY audio input and video, camera or mixer console, going into vMix. This should include pre-rendered videos too. If it is a fade out, never mind, as that is not what I am looking for.
xaver  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 7:36:09 AM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stream_Director Go to Quoted Post
Is this fade IN or fade OUT? Also, where would the instructions be for making this shortcut? I also need this for EVERY audio input and video, camera or mixer console, going into vMix. This should include pre-rendered videos too. If it is a fade out, never mind, as that is not what I am looking for.

It fade IN and OUT, depends on the volume you set
try it by yourself.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 12:20:15 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 540 time(s) in 440 post(s)
Is this fade IN or fade OUT?

Like Xaver said

Quote:
Also, where would the instructions be for making this shortcut?

GIS "vmix shortcuts" ... many tutorials

Quote:
I also need this for EVERY audio input and video, camera or mixer console, going into vMix. This should include pre-rendered videos too.

There is also scripting possibilities too to help personalize operating vMix and do all kind of stuff that is not default

(Sorry, most here are just simple live streaming production folks ;-) )

Stream_Director  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 4:13:03 AM(UTC)
Stream_Director

United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Is this fade IN or fade OUT?

Like Xaver said

Quote:
Also, where would the instructions be for making this shortcut?

GIS "vmix shortcuts" ... many tutorials

Quote:
I also need this for EVERY audio input and video, camera or mixer console, going into vMix. This should include pre-rendered videos too.

There is also scripting possibilities too to help personalize operating vMix and do all kind of stuff that is not default

(Sorry, most here are just simple live streaming production folks ;-) )

I see that one gets what they pay for. Sounds like this is just like Linux. One has to make it work. Not really happy that it does not give us an option to do this, but gives us an option to Fade to Black with audio. But that's fade out. I also need to make sure input 1 fades in separately from input 2, separate for all 4 inputs. Each one needs a fade in, when faded (not cut) to that source/input. Unless it is built into the actual video fade in or effect, it will be clumsy. Click slide, then a shortcut or [1] and then the shortcut, or even when the audio button get pressed green, then a shortcut is 2 steps that can easily be handled within 1.

Maybe you guys don't understand the need, as you are not at the helm making quick decisions on what to do. Why click 2 things, when it SHOULD ALREADY be 1 thing.
xaver  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:58:00 AM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 24 post(s)
you also can make a shortcut for fade video(input) and audio (from that input) at the same time, starting with a single button
semaphore  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 12:07:21 PM(UTC)
semaphore

United States

I also need to make sure input 1 fades in separately from input 2, separate for all 4 inputs. Each one needs a fade in, when faded (not cut) to that source/input.
[...]
Maybe you guys don't understand the need

I definitely understand what you're asking for here. I too would like to see an option to set a fade-up/down time on the auto mixing of inputs. I teach folks to not mix with the mute buttons, which is what the default behavior does.

Workaround is to disable "Automatically Mix Audio" and then add a pair of triggers on each input:
- OnTransitionIn = SetVolumeFade, (this input), 0, "100,500"
- OnTransitionOut = SetVolumeFade, (this input), 0, "0,500"