logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elmany22  
#581 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 3:05:14 PM(UTC)
elmany22

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Richard!

$$$
Before anything, congratulations on this app. I really love it. Whatever I can do to show support or donation count me in. I discovered this app on vMix Facebook group and I so far. I am loving it.
$$$

I love UI and UX and Your software is so nice that def count me IN if you need any designer of temples demos for promotion. Would love to work with you.

Now. I have a couple of questions about your software and some request.

The number one issue on vmix audio is routing and figuring out what goes where. In the past 2 days I built a “Audio focus” Mixer as a companion for vMix, using “VMPB”. Even though I found everything I needed to do it the way a professional Digital Sound Mixer works, I had some bottlenecks.

Once I built the Fader Bank the way I wanted, I had 3 element request/work-arounds that stopped me from having a ideal controller.

1 ROTATION
Is there a way we can ROTATE elements such as faders, UVs... to accommodate different types of designs, screen resolution etc? If so how? CURRENTLY all UVs are vertical. For flexibility I think having the option to have at least 90degree of rotation will be a welcome addition.

2 AUTO-POPULATION (Auto-vMix Input Import)
I don’t know if you are familiar with vRac. Somehow he managed to pull in Inputs from vMix. Have you considered implementing a “Get Input from vMix” where VMPB will talk to vMix and Pull every Channel in?

OR

3 INPUT ASSIGNING (Assign Shortcuts to Input Number)
Doing some reading, I am currently using “GROUPs” to lock every button to a Channel Strip. Although it works, I am wondering if a Dynamic Input will work in conjunction with groups.

4 ADD A KNOB BUTTON (A 0-100 Knob and a LEFT-CENTER-RIGHT Knob)
A knob will be so useful for shortcuts such as: Set Headphones, Set Gain, Pan, Set Hue, Sat, Position, Rotation, Zoom... the possibility are endless. Is it too hard to build? This knobs take less canvas space than a Fader Strip.

5 MORE PAGES
Can we get more pages? :) Eventually I will create a Menu Page for different functions. Example. One Page will manage all the Patching, Routing and Names which I think will be a great use for Groups Function. Another reason why I like your Group implementation.

6 TEXT/ICON ALIGN TOGGLES
Is it possible to add an Align To :TOP, BOTTOM,RIGHT, LEFT, CENTER function to Text and Icons?

Let but not as NEEDED

7 REMOTE
Just as vRac, also managed to remote as Local, LAN & WAN.

My Temple So far:

https://drive.google.com...bD075uQdzw-MGp62g5upmF3B

Happy Holidays.
All Best
Emmanuel Acosta

thanks 1 user thanked elmany22 for this useful post.
HuperSom on 2/13/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#582 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 5:18:17 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
@ elmany22.....Your Audio setup looks great....I have one that was posted here, but I do not use much of the elements in it....I took out only what I want, and created my own....I concentrate mostly on the video side, and leave the audio to the sound tech guy....but it looks great
DWAM  
#583 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 6:37:24 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
@Emmanuel

I'm glad to see that not all people are waiting for me to share my own mixer after my facebook post ! Congrats !

I won't answer your suggestions and questions, Richard certainly will, however a few advices :

- auto population is pretty much useless for such projects. Getting the requested inputs names or numbers manually is not complicated and as you figured out the point is to use the GROUP feature here, so that a whole group of controllers is driven by a single input (like a master ans slaves).
Auto population, as in VRAC, would require a way to tell VMPB what to associate the inputs to. I will elaborate on this point below.

- dynamic inputs are useless for such a mixer project. Furthermore GROUPS in VMPB are not limited to 4 as DynInputs in vMix.

- you can resize faders and get them on the horizontal level. If you check my mixer design, I used them this way for stereo panning. They do not take more space than a knob would.

- Regarding your 7th point, "remote", VMPB already handles Local, LAN or WAN connection to vMix.

Now my own suggestion. Richard, I forgot to talk about this before here's the opportunity to do it

After I designed my mixer for vMix, I faced the same issues for adapting my mixer template for each vMix project. Sometimes I have 15 audio inputs to control, sometimes only 6, sometimes most are vMixCalls (thus require the IFB/PTT part with scripts), sometimes they are regular audio inputs (mics). This it takes quite a while for each project to re-design the mixer to fit (that's the main reason why I won't sell it or share it). Obviously I use groups so that a single button will act as a Master controller for the whole track which is nice but only a small part of the job.

My first idea to make it more flexible was to update the VMPB file, not in the GUI, but rather in its text form. I designed a single track, saved it as a project and I tried to create a multi track mixer by copying and pasting my template track multiple times. The problem is that each button requires a position to be set in the framework and there is no way to make it dynamically relative to the previous track. So this idea (although not stupid) is way more complicated than simply using the "clone" function in VMPB.

I came to the conclusion that maybe VMPB lacks a way to use "templates" for building projects, just like UTC does. To make it clear, here's what I suggest :
If VMPB had the ability to import or load into projects other template projects then it would allow to build projects more quickly.
Ex :
For my mixer I have 2 types of tracks : regular ones and vMixcalls (with PTT)
- I create a template "audio track regular" and save it as such
- create a template "audio track vmixcall" and save it as such
Now I create a new blank project and I have an import function to select either one of my templates which are loaded "as a block" so that I can position them where I want. This block is obviously built as a group so that a single Master button needs to be set to control a vMix input. Upon importing it'd require to set the "unique group" name, so that this track is independant from the others.
I think you get the idea now !

To be honest, this is already what I do but the manual way! I have my templates but it requires a lot of updating anyway so that each master and slave button is set for the group ID it belongs to. Yes we still can select the whole track at once to update the group name but I have had a few issues going this way and I spend a lot of time making sure everything is OK.

There is maybe a better way to do this, I'm not sure... Richard ? Any commentary ?

Bien à vous
Guillaume, aka DWAM
raugert  
#584 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 4:25:24 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
@Emmanuel

Thanks for input Emmanuel. Here are a few things to add to Guillaume's comments.

1. ROTATION- Faders and VU's cannot be rotated. The only object that can currently be rotated horizontal or vertical, is the "Center Slider". This object can be used for contolling things that require (+/-) values like "Panning" or "Color Correction". I'll look into the possibility of vertical VU's.

2. AUTO-POPULATION As Guillaume mentionned, this is not the within the scope of Panel Builder. This app was designed to give the users the flexibility to customize their own controller.

3. The new Dynamic Inputs can maybe be used in conjunction with groups ? The grouping technique changes the parameters (Command, Input, Value) of buttons with a group, wheres Dynamic Inputs commands are 'assigned' to single buttons. I'm not sure how one would apply this ?

4. I considered adding knobs, but I always found it cumbersome to move knobs with a mouse.. :( Hence the reason I included "Center Sliders" as an option. However, it's not useful for commands that require positive only values. I'll revisit this..

5. Adding more pages is a possiblility but there will be a point where the Panel Builder will become less responsive (especially the VU's) on slower computers or Tablets. There is a lot of calculation going on to update the Tallies and VU's.

6. Text can somewhat be aligned, by adding spaces and/or carriage returns in the "Text" box when creating buttons. I had looked at adding positioning in the past, but I was more focused on functionallity of the app.

As far as icon alignment goes, the icons are automatically sized to fit the buttons. Resizing and positioning of icons within each buttons is technically possible but there is a lot to it. As an alternative, you could create you own "UserIcons" in Photoshop and size or position them to your needs.

7. Remote. Yes Panel Builder can work on local, Lan, Wan.

I will have look at some of these requests that could improve Panel Builder. Thanks for your suggestions.

@DWAM

When you copy then paste the channel strip, the items in the "copy" should all be hilighted. You should be able to move them together (as long as they are still hilighted) , so that they retain their respective position within the framework. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are doing ?

The idea of templates is interesting and something I also considered, but it was a question of how to deal with the placement and sizing of imported objects.. I'll need to give this some more thought, as to what method would be best.

Look like I have a lot of work ahead of me :)

salutations,
Richard

DWAM  
#585 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 5:13:33 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
When you copy then paste the channel strip, the items in the "copy" should all be hilighted. You should be able to move them together (as long as they are still hilighted) , so that they retain their respective position within the framework.

Yes all this works as expected, no problem here, that's so far the best technique to use to add a full track.
My comment was about trying to work directly in the vmpb file in a text editor, rather than in the GUI. I tried this as an alternative way but it's a no go.

Quote:
Look like I have a lot of work ahead of me :)

Take it easy !
elmany22  
#586 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 8:33:57 AM(UTC)
elmany22

United States

Hey Richard,

I have a question. Is there a way to have a drop-down menu without the need to hit the Edit Button?
Also a way to Pull out the name of the Input. My hack was to use the Title and Video List Input Name but cant really resize so for me, if we have a way to resize those and change Font Size I TAKE IT. Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 5.24.51 PM.png (2,856kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

Case and Point.
AS you can see. I am more focus on Audio. And currently I cant assign an input to a Channel strip on my template. Each Fader is already Group so What I am doing is making a Dumb Button named Assign. This is then used a Control. ]

This will be beneficial to anyone like me that needs to quickly assign a Input to a template using a iPad. Since there is no way to edit the settings after created.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 5.24.51 PM.png (2,856kb) downloaded 30 time(s). Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 5.24.51 PM.png (2,856kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
raugert  
#587 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 9:54:27 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@elmany23

Currently, there is no "programmable" button with a dropdown menu to dynamically control a group. Unfortunately, the idea of using the Title and Video List wouldn't work as a selector for group control as it stands.

Your idea of "Menu" buttons as group controls is interesting. Food for thought...

cheers,
Richard

Note: I noticed that you are designing your panels for Desktop which is fine, but if you intend to use them on an iPad, you should really be designing them as "Tablet" so that you don't have to resize them later.
elmany22  
#588 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 5:12:40 PM(UTC)
elmany22

United States

@raugert AKA Richard

Couple of Feedback
I noticed that the sliders needs a offset option in order to use is as zoom AKA SCALE. Any plan on adding a new slider for ZOOM with offset in mind?

here are pics
https://drive.google.com...EicRCotbokx1?usp=sharing
raugert  
#589 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2020 1:37:38 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks elmany22.

As you've discovered, the SetZoom Values (0-5) are in fact non-linear, where "1" is 100%. (I missed that one.. ). I'll look into this for the next update

cheers,
Richard
elmany22  
#590 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 11:40:11 PM(UTC)
elmany22

United States

We are here to support. :) I want to see this software shine!
ManofC  
#591 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 3:44:07 AM(UTC)
ManofC

United States

Greetings,

I'm having Connection/Sync issues :( I'm using teamviewer to remotely access my co-wokers computer/Vmix software. Neither the Vmix web controller IP nor the Public IP for that computer will sync to my Panel builder (runing on a Mac)? Suggestions?

Thx, Carl
raugert  
#592 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:29:47 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

In order to run Panel Builder through a public network (internet), you need to use a DDNS server or VPN of some sort.

I looks like Teamviewer has a VPN client as an add-on, but may be only available for Windows. https://community.teamvi...354-about-teamviewer-vpn

If you wish to install a DDNS, you can have a look at FreeDDNS. https://freedns.afraid.org I've used it in the past and it works OK. You will of course need to register a domain name to use a DDNS Server.

There may be other options like Pagekite https://pagekite.net or ProtonVPN https://protonvpn.com I haven't tried these but it should work.

There is also another thread on this forum regarding control of vMix over the internet https://forums.vmix.com/...controller-over-internet

hope that helps,
Richard
raugert  
#593 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 10:44:44 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE 4.0.29 Desktop Version

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.29

New features:

alphabetically sorted UserIcons in InfoBox
prefs window can now be grabbed and moved
added (Active, Dynamic1-4, Preview) items to Input dropdown menus
added tallies to "selectedIndex" buttons( for PPT, Lists, Photos, Virtual Sets)
added tallies to "SetDynamicInputX" buttons
added tallies to "VideoCallAudioSource" buttons
added tallies to "VideoCallVideoSource" buttons
added "Start/StopSRTOutput" to command list
added support tor "Hebrew" characters
added "Append" option in file menu - eg: can be used to append VMPB files (useful when adding pre-made grouped objects like Audio Channels)
added New "Assign Input" button - allows user to dynamically assign Input to selected grouped objects when in "Run" mode
sliders will now automatically configure as "linear or centering" depending on the command used within it
sliders with "SetBalance" or "SetPosition" commands will automatically update to show current position (most other commands that can be used in sliders are not yet available in the vMix API)
buttons can now display (Input Name, Title items, List items, PPT Slide number etc.) by selecting "Set Text to Button Info"

bug fixes:

fixed bug where adjusting canvas sizing could run away
fixed bug when adding userIcons using "+" button
fixed bug when prefs file is missing caused PB to crash
checked for 'numbers only' in prefs numerical fields (except IP fields)
set the default action to "Dn" when selecting a button to edit
fixed bug created in 4.0.27 for open last not working
fixed bug when reading cyrillic characters in Input dropdown menus and was not correctly updating tallies
fixed bug when assigning BusXAudio (F-G) not responding to tally
fixed zoom ratio in sliders

**NOTES:
The Android Tablet and iPad versions are not yet completely compatible with all the new features.
Not all features are available in vMix22.

-- The "User Guide" has also been updated to include the new features: --

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 1/21/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#594 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 1:34:52 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks ....always on the job......like the improvements, and am going to run and check for any bugs
ManofC  
#595 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 1:57:10 PM(UTC)
ManofC

United States

Thank you Raugert! What I should have mentioned is that it's worked for me before? but not always? The times it hasn't I've attributed it to trying it through Hotel wifi. It's always worked with my home wifi until now. "Always" is an exaggeration I'm new to this so about 4 times now. Regardless I'll certainly explore what you've suggested. Thanks again.

carl
Thisura812  
#596 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:03:47 PM(UTC)
Thisura812

Singapore

Hi Richard, thanks for this wonderful app! Theres one small thing that is bugging me, is it just for me or does the tally colours sometimes doesnt work for others as well? Im using vmix 23.0.0.67
raugert  
#597 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:10:40 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Thisura812

The tallies are only available on certain commands in vMix. Some commands do not provide "Tally" information in the API so the button won't tally. What command are you using where the tally is not working ?
Joeboe  
#598 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 2:26:25 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

All seems fine here so far....only one thing I wish you could look into, that is, that PB will keep the settings such as "ZOOM" settings, so that when closed and reopened, it will open to the saved zoom size....

Thanks again

UPDATE: launching last preset does not work properly...it opens the last layout, but NOT the last settings, I still have to go to where I saved it to get it to launch the very last preset....and this is in both vMix 22 and vMix 23
Thisura812  
#599 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:16:48 PM(UTC)
Thisura812

Singapore

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@Thisura812

The tallies are only available on certain commands in vMix. Some commands do not provide "Tally" information in the API so the button won't tally. What command are you using where the tally is not working ?

I created two icon buttons for vmix input 1 and input 2. Its a simple Cut direct. Luckily the tally colours worked for those two buttons. But when i create new or clone the same buttons the tally colours doesnt work. Same goes for clear buttons. Sometimes the new icons are always highlighted in tally colour (like in the recording below) and sometimes the tally colours doesnt come up at all. Below is the recording i did just now.

Tally Colour issue youtube vid

thank you,
Thi.
raugert  
#600 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:48:42 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks for the video Thi.

This is unusual. I can't seem to duplicate your issue. I'll have a closer look at it..