logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<2627282930>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Narcogen  
#541 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 5:01:19 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Has anyone tried to use a button in the panel to change an external output?

I'm trying to make a button to set ExternalOutput2 to a specific input.

I can make a keyboard shortcut that does it. I can put that shortcut in the web controller, and that works.

However, when I make a colored button that sends "SetExternalOutput2" with a selected input... it does not seem to do anything.

Am I missing something?
Geoff B  
#542 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 5:09:01 AM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narcogen Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone tried to use a button in the panel to change an external output?

I'm trying to make a button to set ExternalOutput2 to a specific input.

I can make a keyboard shortcut that does it. I can put that shortcut in the web controller, and that works.

However, when I make a colored button that sends "SetExternalOutput2" with a selected input... it does not seem to do anything.

Am I missing something?

Put the word "input" in the Value field.

Narcogen  
#543 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 5:44:50 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Thanks very much, that works perfectly now.

I take it that's because in the shortcut reference, that command takes the Value,Input parameter?

https://www.vmix.com/hel...utFunctionReference.html
Geoff B  
#544 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 6:15:32 AM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks very much, that works perfectly now.

I take it that's because in the shortcut reference, that command takes the Value,Input parameter?

https://www.vmix.com/hel...utFunctionReference.html

That's right. If you typed it out, it would be:

Function=SetOutput2&Value=Input&Input=69

So you have to put the word "Input" into VMPB's Value field to cause it to send the correct command via API.

Narcogen  
#545 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 6:28:13 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Thanks very much!
raugert  
#546 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 9:27:13 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
UPDATE: 4.0.27 Desktop Version

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.27

fixed background color of VideoList and Title field when syncing to iPad was transparent
added progress bar with item number when loading a template
fixed bug when deleting line in the"script module" was not deleting the line
fixed problem when loading templates on Windows that were created with newer Mac OS
moved default "Canvas Sizes" for Desktop and Tablets into Prefs
tablet templates' size can now be changed to accommodate Android variations (check the "User Guide" for more information)
* changed default file location to users' Documents folder (see Notes below)
added "DefaultIconFolder" option in Prefs for those sharing UserIcons on servers
fixed a bug when copying objects sometimes caused multiple copies
added "Fullscreen" feature
changed "Help" menu name to "Tools"
added Import UserIcons in Tools menu
added Import Templates in Tools menu
added current vMix24 shortcuts

* IMPORTANT NOTE: In an effort to comply with the recommended file structures, the default "Templates" and "UserIcons" folders have been moved to the users' "Documents/vMix Panel Builder" folder. This can still be changed in the preferences if necessary. You can import your old Templates and UserIcons to the new folders by selecting the Import Feature in the "Tools" menu. Your old UserIcons may be in the folder where you installed a previous version of Panel Builder.

Installation Instructions:

Windows

1. Copy the complete VMPB 4.0.27 Winxx folder to the location of your choice (usually the C:/Program Files (x86) directory)
2. Create a shortcut from the vMix Panel Builder.exe file and drag it to the desktop
4. Check the default folders in the Preferences and change them to suit your needs. The defaults are usually good for most users. They may need to be changed for networked users. Check with your network admins.
4. Copy your previous UserIcons files by selecting Tools> Import UserIcons (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)
5. Copy your previous Template files by selecting Tools> Import Templates (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)

MAC

1. Copy only the "vMix Panel Builder.app" file into the Applications folder (This has changed from previous methods where the whole folder needed to be copied). The app is now notarized and code signed with Apple and should load properly on newer Mac OS.
2. If you want to create a shortcut, you can drag the vMix Panel Builder icon from the Applications folder to the Desktop or Dock
4. Check the default folders in the Preferences and change them to suit your needs. The defaults are usually good for most users.
4. Copy your previous UserIcons files by selecting Tools> Import UserIcons (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)
5. Copy your previous Template files by selecting Tools> Import Templates (this will copy the files to the default folders you have selected in the Preferences)

-- The "User Guide" has also been updated to include the new features: --

Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
DWAM on 11/24/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#547 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 12:03:03 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Nice updates....tried a few last night, and am happy with what I see....will do a few more later in the week....

Thanks again
TwinLake  
#548 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 7:56:44 AM(UTC)
TwinLake

United States

I did a quick search and it didn't look like anyone else had asked this:

When you are creating a "New Icon Button", is there a different way to scroll through the available icon options other than the scrollbar? I am hunting through a folder with many icons and it is frustrating to be relegated to the scroll bar.

Also, my collections of icons doesn't seem to be in any logical order (sorted by size, alphabetically, etc). I'm not saying that it NEEDS to be customizable, but it would be nice to at least know that they will always be sorted a certain way.

That's all for now.

Cheerio
raugert  
#549 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 10:35:23 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: TwinLake Go to Quoted Post
When you are creating a "New Icon Button", is there a different way to scroll through the available icon options other than the scrollbar?I am hunting through a folder with many icons and it is frustrating to be relegated to the scroll bar.

You're correct, in that there is no order to the icons at the moment. I can have them sort in alphabetical order in the next release but you may still be relegated to the scroll bar. Hint: If you use the same icon in multiple buttons, create one button and clone it. It will save you scrolling through the icons. Then you can add/change the relevant info in each button as needed.

A word of caution though... You shouldn't have too many icons in the UserIcon folder, as they all load into memory, regardless if they are used or not. They should also be limited in size (< 40k or so). That is usually enough to give a decent resolution.

cheers,
Richard

schwingep  
#550 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 5:32:31 AM(UTC)
schwingep

United States

Hi Richard,

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A - the screen resolution is 1024x768

It seems the app isn't scaling to the screen and cuts things off.

I've attached images where you can see that settings don't fit on the screen and also the template with the faders should actually have another row of faders.

Am I missing a setting someplace? I did set the table prefs to match the size.

Thanks,
- Peter

screenshot 1
screenshot 2
Narcogen  
#551 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 5:39:29 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Anything changed with how faders/VUs work?

Just updated to the latest, and now faders show on the desktop but not on the tablet, even when the option to turn them off is disabled.
raugert  
#552 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 7:03:06 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Anything changed with how faders/VUs work?

Nothing has changed with regards to faders and VU meters in the latest update. The update is only applicable to the Desktop versions and should have no impact on Tablets.
raugert  
#553 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:57:47 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ schwingep

Android Tablets come in different sizes and resolutions and unfortunately don't all behave the same when it comes to app sizing. Here's a way to adjust it to your specific model.

Tablet Size: (in Preferences) This sets the default Tablet Size to correspond to your tablet (default size is 1024x748). You must be in a "Tablet Template" mode to set these parameters. You can adjust these parameters to suit Android variations. The Height and Width parameters in Panel Builder are not necessarily the same as the Tablets screen resolution as they are not directly related to the pixels on your computer. Different Android devices do some calculations of their own to fit their screens.

To adjust the Tablet size in Panel Builder to suit your device, do the following:

1. Create a new Tablet Template (Start with a Tablet size of 1024 x 748 in the preferences)
2. Create a New Colored button.
3. Move the button to the lower right corner of the canvas.
4. Save the template and Sync to your tablet.
5. Note the position of the button on your tablet.
6. Adjust the Tablet Template Height and Width in Panel Builder Preferences and return to step 3 until the button is in the lower right corner of your tablet.
7. Once you have found the optimal size for your tablet, Save the Preferences.

best regards,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
BRebels on 12/1/2020(UTC)
markz631  
#554 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 6:42:44 AM(UTC)
markz631

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OK, been messing with this for a few days now with no joy.

Initially I wasn't even able to get my iPad to connect to the host machine, but have since succeeded. However, no files on host computer show in the window. "Show Template Files" button is red but nothing in the list.

I tried on both a PC and a Mac, with the Mac using wifi and nada. What am I missing?
raugert  
#555 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@markz631

If you have successfully connected to the host computer (as indicated in the "Connected to:" field) then check the following:

The iPad will only sync to the files that were created as 'Tablet' files. They will have a (.vmpbx) file extension. They must be located in the "Default User Folder" as selected in the Preferences. This is where they will sync from. Check your default folder using the Finder to see if the files are actually there..

Let me know if it works..
cheers,
Richard
markz631  
#556 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 7:26:49 AM(UTC)
markz631

United States

Thought I had done that, on both options, but apparently not. #facepalm

Thanks for the quick response, looking forward to using this!
schwingep  
#557 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 7:59:37 AM(UTC)
schwingep

United States

Thanks, Richard.

I had done those steps. A couple things I noticed is the preferences wouldn't always save my new dimensions. I would set the dimensions then create a new template, reset the prefs then save and sync. If I closed the program and reopened it the prefs would revert and I would save them again.

Also when I synced it, the size didn't change - I even tried really small settings like 400x300. Items appear off the screen when clicking preferences on the tablet whether I sync of just open it.
screenshot

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
@ schwingep

Android Tablets come in different sizes and resolutions and unfortunately don't all behave the same when it comes to app sizing. Here's a way to adjust it to your specific model.

Tablet Size: (in Preferences) This sets the default Tablet Size to correspond to your tablet (default size is 1024x748). You must be in a "Tablet Template" mode to set these parameters. You can adjust these parameters to suit Android variations. The Height and Width parameters in Panel Builder are not necessarily the same as the Tablets screen resolution as they are not directly related to the pixels on your computer. Different Android devices do some calculations of their own to fit their screens.

To adjust the Tablet size in Panel Builder to suit your device, do the following:

1. Create a new Tablet Template (Start with a Tablet size of 1024 x 748 in the preferences)
2. Create a New Colored button.
3. Move the button to the lower right corner of the canvas.
4. Save the template and Sync to your tablet.
5. Note the position of the button on your tablet.
6. Adjust the Tablet Template Height and Width in Panel Builder Preferences and return to step 3 until the button is in the lower right corner of your tablet.
7. Once you have found the optimal size for your tablet, Save the Preferences.

best regards,
Richard

raugert  
#558 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 6:48:16 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

In an effort to answer questions regarding Tablets sizes and Panel Builder, I have made a quick video on how to "Adjust the Tablet size in Panel Builder to fit your Tablet".
It's not perfect but it should give you the general idea..

cheers,
Richard
Chumbaz  
#559 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:17:00 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Italy

Updated to .27 can't see tally buttons work
all is ok i can interact with vMix but tally never activate (even using the invert tally option)
becoming crazy, actually
thanks 1 user thanked Chumbaz for this useful post.
BRebels on 12/3/2020(UTC)
raugert  
#560 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:26:15 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Chumbaz

Nothing has changed regarding tallies in the new version. If you can control vMix then the tallies should still work.

Was your template working OK in the previous version ? What command are you entering the button that is not tallying ?