logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<2122232425>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#441 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 12:51:09 PM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
@Yvo.HX

Sorry for the late reply. I misunderstood your request. If I understand correctly, you want to select the input category in vMix using the Panel Builder. In order to do that you would use the "SelectCategory" command from the Input Select menu. Enter the color (All,Red,Green,Orange,Purple,Aqua,Blue) in the Value field.

Any "Shortcut" command that is available in vMix is also available in Panel Builder. You can download the vMix user guide on vMix.com . It's a great resource for explanation on shortcuts.

kind regards,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Yvo.Hx on 6/8/2020(UTC)
Yvo.Hx  
#442 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 1:28:44 PM(UTC)
Yvo.Hx

Richard

i tried with colors in the value field, but it didn't work. But the value 0 to 6 in the value field gave correct result for me. Strange isn't it?

On your response, I tested the "SelectCategory" again with the colors, and that goes with the correct spelling, namely the first letter as of the color in upper case.

YVO
peixe  
#443 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 9:57:57 PM(UTC)
peixe

Brazil

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 3 post(s)
SAMPLE CONTROLLERS.zip (27kb) downloaded 95 time(s).

Buttons design.zip (589kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
Advanced Mutliview setup.jpg (129kb) downloaded 8 time(s). Audio controls.jpg (161kb) downloaded 12 time(s). Main video mix.jpg (149kb) downloaded 9 time(s). Audio Matrix.jpg (121kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Hi.

First of all thank you very much @raugert for making Panel builder available, it´s extremelly useful and Powerful to pair with vMix.

I sent you an email with extra info on this but I´m sharing this with the community now...

I have been working on a set of advanced controlls for one or more peope to controll different aspects of a remote vMix production.

I designed Icons and layout to resemble hardware controls for some things and added some custom ones.

I also added extra ones based on this, designed by Brutuss.

I am attaching the Photoshop template (the png file sets seem to be too big to upload here but you can make your owns fromthe templates) to customize the buttons and a set of sample controllers.

I hope you like it.

It would be interesting to be able to translate or embed panel builder controlls into web pages so you can have a better web interface.
I might be able to collaborate on that if possible.
thanks 6 users thanked peixe for this useful post.
Ronald555 on 6/10/2020(UTC), ask on 6/10/2020(UTC), desmar on 6/14/2020(UTC), Joeboe on 6/16/2020(UTC), BRebels on 11/20/2020(UTC), CamStol on 11/20/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#444 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Nice templates....one thing, I tried to edit one page, but ran into an issue where it affects all the pages....what did I do wrong...I have some button templates I made, but when I edit a page, all other pages seem to only show some of the original buttons...most are gone

desmar  
#445 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 11:28:33 AM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Nice template, but when I try to load the samples I get
"The Following UserIcons are missing" error
Joeboe  
#446 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:28:46 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Yes, I get the same, but that is because the templates do not contain the PNG files....wish he could post all of the files....maybe if he compresses a complete sample with all files and folders, we will get those PNG files...I do that without the compressing, to put my templates an different PCs...what I do, I keep everything in one folder, logs etc., and then copy that folder over to another PC, with all the layouts, templates and icons, I then save the project over to my PC hard drive, so when I launch from that folder, I get everything .....maybe a post with all the PNG and PSD files would be great....even if they are posted private.....I love the audio layout.....except I can not get the master audio to play VU meter to work in your template
Joeboe  
#447 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:44:26 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi all, I usually place all my buttons on one page, so that I will not have to toggle between pages, but it has finally happened...I need to make a seperate AUDIO only page, along with my regular video switcher, but I am having an issue when I finished with the video page, and I go over to the next page, most of the video icons are on that page, and if i delete them, they are also deleted on the video page.....What is the method of creating seperate pages without icons overlapping onto another page

UPDATE:
As soon as I made this post, I got things working....was my fault, I believe....hope I am not speaking too fast
raugert  
#448 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:54:51 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

That shouldn't be happening. One other user had the same issue but I couldn't duplicate it. I'll look further into it.
Joeboe  
#449 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

All I did was save as ...close it and when I reopened it, I got things to work...I tried to edit the example given by peixe and that keep is the one giving me issues....but the one I created from scratch is working ok.

I have an issue with the New VU Meter ...when I add a new VU meter, I can not assign it to the Master Audio....and I would like to make it so I can add it to each page to keep an eye on it while working.

EDIT...It has started again when I tried to edit one page...the button ended over on the other page as well.....

QUESTION: Is it possible to have a choice of type style...in some cases it would be nice to have a choice of Normal and Bold type...especially in the Playlist window where the 'Timer' is light...wish I could make that bold, and even the actual list...
peixe  
#450 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 4:45:18 AM(UTC)
peixe

Brazil

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 3 post(s)
UserIcons 1.zip (3,615kb) downloaded 103 time(s). UserIcons 02.rar (3,634kb) downloaded 95 time(s). UserIcons 03.rar (2,608kb) downloaded 92 time(s).

Sorry for the late reply.
I´ve been pretty busy.

I could not upload the PNG files because of a file size limit on the forum but I have now divided them into 3 compressed files and you should have all the icons needed in PNG format there.

I´m also posting again the Photoshop templates to make your owns...
Buttons design.zip (589kb) downloaded 169 time(s).

Hope this helps
thanks 4 users thanked peixe for this useful post.
Joeboe on 6/19/2020(UTC), desmar on 6/20/2020(UTC), rogerone on 6/24/2020(UTC), HuperSom on 2/13/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#451 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 9:14:00 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks for the PNG files...will do some work later .....This is the BEST thing that happened for vMix in my opinion...this Panel Builder is great......vMix creators should try to get help with creating a great GUI that could have some , not too much , customization to suite the user's comfort..... and a proper Audio UI...theirs is in great need of improvement....their GUI has not changed since they published the app.....
Joeboe  
#452 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 1:48:24 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

@peixe... Thanks for your uploads....I downloaded and tested... I like your patience ...those layouts must have taken you some time....now that the PNG files are loaded, I must say those templates look great...even though they have too much for what I do, but....yes there is a but...I used some of the PSD files to create my own, plus I used a few of yours to create my own look....I like to use one page, as I do not need too much info to work with ...as it can be distracting...especially with audio I just take my feed from a soundboard, and let the sound person deal with that....so, here is a template I came up with for a single screen layout....Check the Audio panel....looks familiar?... lol...
You must be wondering why 2 player buttons....The Green one is to send the player to Preview,( it is dark when not active and bright when active), so I can set my start point in cases where I do not need the whole clip..(had some of that from clients, so I know what hell that can create sometimes)...the Red one sends it directly to Program...I use this a lot when running programs where I need to plug a commercial, or an edited clip...Just select and wait until I am ready for the commercial break, ..... no need to preview...but all turn Green when active....I replaced the on/off audio buttons with my Speaker icons which turn Green when active, and Red when muted.... I am not that good with Photoshop, so I downloaded some things......like the metallic Buttons, and edited them in Photoshop....The Anthem button is a direct to program button, and has no control...I hit that button and the National Anthem plays, cutting all audio inputs...I set that up in triggers, and when it reaches the end, I have it set to trigger the Cover camera...I can always select another camera afterwards...so, one button, and triggers do the rest....as we all stand during the playing of the anthem, I do not have to look at the switcher until it is finished, giving me time to sit and be ready to my work.......

Thanks again for sharing...

Srivelles  
#453 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:55:13 AM(UTC)
Srivelles

Man
Spain

Panel Builder it's great and powerful.

But Is possible this?

- Change between F-M-S-C from Virtual Set.?

- Save a new position i want move with SetPanX, SetPanY, SetZoom. Is possible?

- Can i change de time for zoom for virtual sets from PanelBuilder?

Thanks.

raugert  
#454 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 11:48:01 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Srivelles

Panel Builder includes all the shortcuts commands in vMix, but there isn't a lot of shortcuts available for Virtual Sets. You can change from one camera angle to another by using the SelectIndex command but you cannot change the FMSC. It will move at the current speed selected in that input. You can use the "Center Slider" object to control SetPanX, SetPanY and SetZoom but as far as I can see, there is no shortcut command for saving the new position in a Virtual Set.

Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Srivelles on 7/16/2020(UTC)
DWAM  
#455 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:44:12 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Richard !

Hope you're OK... Not been very active with VMPB lately but seen you've carried on improving things so I decided to check whether it could go where I'd need...

So here's my last 2 days of hard work with VMPB which is performing very well, very reliably and with very low footprint on the system... I'm impressed...

DWAM-Virtual-Mixer.jpg (1,733kb) downloaded 66 time(s).

I think design is pretty much over (although I already have a few more ideas) so I will start a 24 or 48 hours of testing to check whether it's ready for primetime ! ;o)

Do you have any experience or feedback to share about using so many Vu-Meters at the same time, any idea how it could impact on vMix API (you're using TCP right ?)

Bien à toi,
Guillaume, aka DWAM
Joeboe  
#456 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:51:17 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

This is nice...only thing I do not like so much is the buttons....for some reason I like 3D buttons....I do not so much like simple 2D stff that much....but you have plenty patience....and I know from the hard work you put in that you do love this all
DWAM  
#457 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:36:55 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
This is nice...only thing I do not like so much is the buttons....for some reason I like 3D buttons....I do not so much like simple 2D stff that much....but you have plenty patience....and I know from the hard work you put in that you do love this all

Thanks Joeboe
I'm not really interested with visual design, I want tools to work, no need for my hammer to look good as long as it does what it's designed for...
Obviously there's room for visual enhancements here but I want to be sure it is safe and useful for production first, it wouldn't work better with 3D buttons I guess.
Joeboe  
#458 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:26:57 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Joeboe
I'm not really interested with visual design, I want tools to work, no need for my hammer to look good as long as it does what it's designed for...
Obviously there's room for visual enhancements here but I want to be sure it is safe and useful for production first, it wouldn't work better with 3D buttons I guess.

I notice that...me too...functionality first, design later....but mine is so simple, that I can spend time on design....but that audio panel looks so nice......and like I said....you have great patience....but then again, you only need to make one channel, and then clone as many times as you need....well that is what I do....make a single channel, make it fully functional and then clone.....I like your stuff...and like I said...since I am not into audio that much, I go simple....you are good with your stuff, so keep going....and also, when you ready, just drop a zipped file...it could be just a single or 2 channel version....something small....
raugert  
#459 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

salut Guillaume,

Good to hear from you again :) I haven't got any feedback regarding too many VU's, but at one point there would certainly be an impact on the CPU usage, especially if you are running PB on the same computer as vMix. Panel Builder polls the vMix API at 100ms in order to give reasonable VU readings, which doesn't have to much impact on vMix as such, but Panel Builder itself can use some CPU if you have many buttons and VU's etc. In that case, I recommend that users run PB on a separate computer so there would be less impact on the vMix computer.

Martin made some improvements to the API interface some time ago in order to accommodate such intense polling from third party apps like Scoreboard OCR and PB, so that's pretty solid... I am currently using HTTP for polling as some users were still using vMix22 which didn't support TCP. I will eventually reconsider to use TCP as it would be more efficient.

au plaisir,
Richard
DWAM  
#460 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 5:07:29 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Salut Richard et merci pour les infos

Yes I always use 3rd party apps on another computer. My goal here is to provide my sound guy with a complete control interface to outsource all audio aspects of a production (or at least most of them as VST can be set remotely, nor the headphones mix volume for individual inputs and a few others things). So far so good!

VMPB seems to run smoothly on my dev machine. Will test it from a Surface Go tablet too (as expected to work for production). Not sure about an Android port but will maybe try it too.

The only thing that takes real time is when I use the Group feature to update inputs to control. Every channel here is built upon Groups where the blue button with the name of the channel is a Group Controller. The need to select all buttons within a Group is not so intuitive, it's prone to errors and maybe this could be improved but hey, it works. Fortunately!

I have also faced a few minor issues with internal scripts (used for Push-To-Talk) buttons.
For example when I update a channel group input, only the Down position for a button is updated - although there is an Up too - with the new value and the inputs in the script are not updated at all (which is annoying but understandable)
When I update the internal script commands, changing the Input value from the dropdown always erases the Command value. This is less understandable...

Will keep you posted!
Bien à toi
Guillaume