logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1920212223>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
christian.hakso  
#401 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:44:19 AM(UTC)
christian.hakso

Groups: Registered
Man
Norway

I use Google sheets to list players in a team. Is it possible to get text from data source in vMix?

Need a easy way for red/yellow card and subs in a game

Best

Christian

raugert  
#402 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:04:47 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Yes, you can get text from datasources associated to a Title Input in vMIx.

The following commands can be used in a button:

DataSourceNextRow --- Name of the Data Source and Table Name (optional) eg 'Excel/CSV,Sheet1' (Value = Name,Table)

DataSourcePreviousRow --- Name of the Data Source and Table Name (optional) eg 'Excel/CSV,Sheet1' (Value= Name,Table)

DataSourceSelectRow --- Name of the Data Source, Table Name (optional) and Row Index starting from 0 eg 'Excel/CSV,Sheet1,5' (Value= Name,Table,Index)
Gary Schrader  
#403 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:28:51 AM(UTC)
Gary Schrader

United States

Just found this and love the concept. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, put it on my desktop and executed the .exe file. It started up fine and I was playing around with it for a while. Closed it and now, when I try to open it, it opens for about five seconds and then automatically closes. I tried deleting it from my computer, downloading the zip file again, but still the same results. Any idea how I can fix that?
raugert  
#404 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:54:16 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

When you unzip it, make sure to keep the .exe file in the original folder. Ideally, you should:

1. Unzip the the downloaded file.
2. Choose which version you want (Mac, Win 32, or Win 64)and copy that complete folder to your desktop.
3. Create a shortcut for the .exe file in that folder.
4. Move the shortcut to the desktop.
5. Launch the program from that shortcut.

The idea is to copy the folder required for your system, but keep the .exe within that folder.

hope that helps,
Richard
Gary Schrader  
#405 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:23:44 AM(UTC)
Gary Schrader

United States

That worked. Thx.
lainol  
#406 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 9:10:09 PM(UTC)
lainol

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Thanks lainol for your reply to Folme.

No, thanks to you, this is an awesome piece of sotware, very powerfull, thank you so much. When the setup is finished and the streaming is over I owe you a beer.

Tone13  
#407 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 10:45:48 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My Panel builder has so many bugs. Anyone else noticing many issues since last update. Clone doesn't work so I use CTL+C and CTL+v but then I get two copies of each selected button. One of each of those buttons can't be edited or deleted, I just have to drag them off the screen.
Half io the buttons I create don't gave working tallies even though they are clones of ones that do work......
And then the program just randomly quits, often....
Its a mess!
Oh, and now the ipad app just won't sync.... I have all the correct IP addresses and it used to work but but not any more argh... I have a show tomorrow. 😔
MickeyMJJ  
#408 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 11:23:49 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is it possible to convert a Desktop project to a Tablet project without redoing everything?
I tried to just change the file extension. It works but the resolution is no longer good.
Joeboe  
#409 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 11:39:40 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tone13 Go to Quoted Post
My Panel builder has so many bugs. Anyone else noticing many issues since last update. Clone doesn't work so I use CTL+C and CTL+v but then I get two copies of each selected button. One of each of those buttons can't be edited or deleted, I just have to drag them off the screen.
Half io the buttons I create don't gave working tallies even though they are clones of ones that do work......
😔

I reported this to the creator of the app., and he is working on it.....yes, I get 2 copies when I copy and paste, and one can not be edited, and is completely unresponsive, and I have to drag it away off screen...and most times, it drops one of the copies directly on top of the one that is being copied, so it looks as though it worked, only to find you have 2 buttons one on top of the other.......but I do not get any random quitting ...the program on my side still works ok....but like I said, it is being worked on, so let's hold an a bit....

thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
MichelVRT on 5/9/2020(UTC)
raugert  
#410 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 11:55:04 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Tone13

Thanks for reporting the cloning bug. I will fix that in the next version. I haven't had any reports on crashing. I would recommend using a previous version for now. If you can send me your .vmpb file info@studio793.ca it would help me find the culprit.

What other bugs should I be looking for ? I'll try to get as many of them fixed in the next version.

@ MickeyMJJ

Desktop files are sizeable and cannot be easily converted to conform to Tablet size. As you mentioned, you can change the extension but some of the objects won't appear if your Desktop was bigger than the required tablet size. You will have to redo some of it.

Load your desktop version and move and/or resize your objects to the fit a 1024 x748 pixel panel. Once your panel is redesigned, you can save it as a "Tablet" file.

hope that helps,

Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
MichelVRT  
#411 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 2:37:20 AM(UTC)
MichelVRT

Belgium

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello @raugert, thanks for looking into the "Clone" bug, I had the same problems when I tried 4.0.19.
So I will be waiting for your next release ;-)))
And also thank you for confirming that the "UTC-List" is a better way to do graphics with long lists of possible names,
I came to the same conclusion...

In all, thanks for creating this piece of software, which I'm thinking of using especially for audio-mixing purpouses.
For all the rest, I use UTC, but UTC doesn't handle faders and VU-meters very well...

Bye!
Michel.
raugert  
#412 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 10:54:46 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: 4.0.20 (see first post)

Sorry for not updating sooner but I was working on some new features. Here is a fix for the couple bugs created in the last updates.

- fixed right-click 'Clone' and Ctl-C, Ctl-V functions not working properly since last updates
- fixed file saving to proper format for DESKTOP or TABLET templates. Template type will now display in title bar. Please ensure you design your templates using the correct format for your needs. Desktop templates will not sync properly to Tablets ! Please use "TABLET" format to create templates for Tablets and iPads.
- fixed a few other minor bugs

sorry for the delay,
Richard
Narcogen  
#413 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:48:18 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
4.0.20 on MacOS can't be opened because the application is "damaged". Downloaded multiple times on different machines, under Mojave and High Sierra.

Fixed by removing attributes, but I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing this or not.
raugert  
#414 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2020 2:15:14 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks Narcogen for the heads up. It appears that the new version of my compiler signs the app and doesn't like to be compressed (Zip).

If anyone is using Mac version, re-download the app. I recompiled using the older version .. It should be OK now and not indicate a "damaged" file.. You might still have to allow it to open from 'unidentified developer' by going to the security and privacy settings in the system preferences.
christianm  
#415 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 7:53:04 AM(UTC)
christianm

Hey Raugert.

Quick update on the latest version. When loading a project the interface freezes at the loading screen. After waiting for a min or so I found that clicking on a menu (File, Help etc) gets it to load but the connectivity to vMix is non functional - clicking the red arrows dose nothing. Also it seems to freeze and crash before I get a chance to perform the steps above.
- Tried using the 64bit version and 32
- Tried opening a tablet and desktop template
- creating a new project seems to work fine

Need to do more testing however have to go live so priority shifted and in the mean time reverted back to x.19

Christian.
raugert  
#416 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:30:21 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Christian,

I didn't change much in the last version compared to 4.0.19, but something unexpected is prevent it from loading all the way. Could you please email me your template at info@studio793.ca when you get some time. I would certainly try to fix this for the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Richard
christianm on 5/12/2020(UTC)
KoryK10  
#417 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:10:10 AM(UTC)
KoryK10

United States

Hey, I love this solution. It's really good and versatile. I am having one issue, however. It works great on my Android tablet, but I'm trying to run it on an iPad with iOS 10.3.3 and when I click to open the program, it doesn't start. It just takes me to the desktop. Any ideas?
raugert  
#418 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:36:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi KoryK10,

Unfortunately, Apple have some new compliance rules for iOS applications running the newer iOS. This has caused an issue on some iPads still using iOS 10. Hopefully this will be rectified in the next update.

I know some older iPads cannot be update any further that iOS 10 but if you can update your iPad to a newer iOS , it should fix the problem.

sorry about the inconvenience,
Richard
profetauy  
#419 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 8:02:42 PM(UTC)
profetauy

United States

Hello, I'm looking this APP in the Apple Store for my iPhone and I can't find it (I'm in USA) :(

Any idea why?
raugert  
#420 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:31:32 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The app is designed for iPads and Tablets only. It is not available for phones.

regards
Richard