logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#381 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:39:39 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christianm Go to Quoted Post
One more question. From within the script builder dynamic I was trying to add a command to alter the data sources i.e. DataSourceSelectRow however I can not locate that in the menus. It exists when creating standard buttons etc but disappears in this section. It may be a technical limitation that I am not aware of but love to know your thoughts?

Yes the Datasources appear to be missing in the Script Builder. That was an oversight. I will fix that in the next update..

Originally Posted by: Follo Go to Quoted Post
I just tried to use the android app on an normal android phone not an tablet. The App is not showing the whole screen of the app. It seems that the UI is not scaled for phones. Is the app not for normal phones?

Sorry, the app is designed for Android tablets and iPads only.
Follo  
#382 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:04:18 PM(UTC)
Follo

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Follo Go to Quoted Post
I just tried to use the android app on an normal android phone not an tablet. The App is not showing the whole screen of the app. It seems that the UI is not scaled for phones. Is the app not for normal phones?

Sorry, the app is designed for Android tablets and iPads only.

Hi Raugert,

so that means you are using a fixed Resolution for a tablet Template, or? Can you tell me which resolution you are using for a tablet template?

Best regards

plizon  
#383 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:01:38 AM(UTC)
plizon

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

i'm currently discovering Panel Builder and find it great.
I have 2 questions to find if could use it for soem purposes :

1) I'd like to use Panel to do what is described in hits post, Is it possible ?
https://forums.vmix.com/...fgU6CwuaSJGLh9C8iw-17gqI

2) Can i use Panel to change the content of titles, or is it better to use UTC (i have a title with more than 150 names to choose, so utc list is great for that) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
raugert  
#384 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:55:01 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Follo
The canvas fixed resolution I use for tablets and iPad 1024 x 748 (it's really 1024 x 768, but I leave 20px for the title bar)

@ plizon
Currently the Panel Builder does not support "Button Down" and Button Up" commands like a midi controller would and thus does not allow for momentary actions within one button (except for PTZ commands). You can however have one button to select the talkback bus and another button to select back to the master bus. Or you can create a script to "toggle" between Master and Talkback Bus. Admittedly, it's not ideal for talkback situations. This may change in future updates.

You can use the Panel Builder to change contents of titles but you can only select "NextTitlePreset" or "PreviousTitlePreset" or "SelectTitlePreset" commands to change the preset text. If you have many presets to choose from, you might want to continue to use the List feature from UTC for now.
Folme  
#385 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:55:22 AM(UTC)
Folme

Argentina

Hi, @raugert !

im having issues syncing the panel builder with the app on a android tablet.

after setting up the IP adress, the tablet can comunicate with vmix in the main PC (i guess:the arrows become green but the interface is blank)
but in the dialog to copy presets and icons dont show anithing

im in the same network. enabled and disabled firewall, etc and no way.

is there a way to copy manually the files in a specific folder on android?

cheers, folme!
raugert  
#386 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 11:37:42 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Make sure you also enter the "Host IP" in the preferences. This is the IP of the computer running the Panel Builder desktop app that will be used for syncing files. It could be the same one you are using for vMix or any other computer on the network. When you set the Panel Builder desktop app to File>"Sync to Tablet", you will get a popup window with the IP that you must then enter in the "Host IP" field in the preferences of the vMIx Panel app on the tablet.

Now when you Sync on the tablet, you should see "Connected to" and IP of the Host computer. If you see the IP then the files should sync OK. Make sure the files you created with the Panel Builder desktop app were saved as "tablet" files with .vmpbx extension. Only these files will appear in the sync dialog.
plizon  
#387 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 5:30:48 PM(UTC)
plizon

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

@ plizon
Currently the Panel Builder does not support "Button Down" and Button Up" commands like a midi controller would and thus does not allow for momentary actions within one button (except for PTZ commands). You can however have one button to select the talkback bus and another button to select back to the master bus. Or you can create a script to "toggle" between Master and Talkback Bus. Admittedly, it's not ideal for talkback situations. This may change in future updates.

You can use the Panel Builder to change contents of titles but you can only select "NextTitlePreset" or "PreviousTitlePreset" or "SelectTitlePreset" commands to change the preset text. If you have many presets to choose from, you might want to continue to use the List feature from UTC for now.

Hi @Raugert,

It's ok for me to create 2 buttons for each talkback i need to use. But how about having the button lightened in either situation (for the operator to visually know if remote call is sent BUS or Master AUDIO). As far as i understand, Panel builder only support "tally". Do you plan to support VMIX Activators in a near futur ?
christianm  
#388 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 11:51:19 AM(UTC)
christianm

Hi All.

(NB: I have posted this in the general vMix forums but wished to see if maybe there is an easy way in panel builder?)

I have a 2 cam setup with a number of virtual inputs so all in all around 12. What i am trying to achieve is when I switch an input to live I would like to run a script that does the following.

1. Checks what the active input is
2. Compares the active input returned to predetermined range or list i.e Inputs 1-5
3. If it is a member of that group then do nothing
4. If not then perform play audio file.

The goal here is to create an audio based 'tally light'. It should work like this. When I switch to a virtual input from the camera that is currently live i.e. CAM1 nothing happens however when I switch to a virtual input generated from the non active camera it triggers a single beep when switched to preview then a double beep when it goes live.

Is this possible via scripting? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Joeboe  
#389 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 4:28:53 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi guys, how do you like my 3D buttons?.....Did this layout for a job I will be doing close circuit for a lecture later in the week...designed the buttons myself...took some time, but after I got the hang of things, it was quick and kind of easy...

raugert  
#390 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 3:25:23 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@plizon

I currently use the API XML and not the vMIx activators to update the button colors. This was done by design in order to avoid programming shortcuts and/or activators in vMix. I wanted to keep it simple for users. The button colors are referred to as "Tally", but they also reflect the "Status" of the command within the button and not only the program/preview "Tallies". This acts like automatic activators based on the button's command. For example, if a button command is "Audio", it will reflect the status of the "audio on/off" with respect to that input. Therefore there is no need to program an activator in vMix for each button. I have no current plan to use vMix activators to hilite buttons, as that is not how the Panel Builder was designed.

In fact, almost all the activator information is available in the API XML, but unfortunately the VideoCallAudioSource information is not currently available (it's one of the few). So I can't add it to the conditional tallies for now.

Re: talkback button... In the next version of Panel Builder you will be able to add two commands within a button (button "Dn" and button "Up) . For example, this will allow for momentary commands which can be used for switching talkback to Callers or even switching two simultaneous sources.

New version coming soon...

@christianm

You're request is quite interesting but requires special coding. This can't easily be done in Panel Builder but you could probably write a .VB script in vMix and have Panel Builder trigger it. Sorry, I'm not an expert in VB scripting :(

@Joeboe

Thanks for the sample layout and supporting the app. Always appreciated..

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/21/2020(UTC)
raugert  
#391 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:17:12 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: 4.0.18 (see first post)

- can now copy objects from one page to another
- AudioBus command now reflects the busses tallies
- added Dn and Up commands to buttons (For example: Can be used for momentary commands which such as switching talkback to Callers, or even switching two simultaneous sources.)
- added port number in prefs (For those folks using multiple vMix systems on the same network, you can choose port number for each machine)
- added Video List field (this field will automatically load the items from a list and allow the user to select the items) It will update if any changes are made by vMIx or other controllers

Note: The Android Tablet and iPad versions are not yet updated. The new features will not be active, but you can still use these templates.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 3 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/22/2020(UTC), Ronald555 on 4/25/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 3/1/2021(UTC)
raugert  
#392 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: 4.0.19 (see first post)

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.19

- fixed bug in Videolist not always updating in vMIx22
- fixed copy/paste of grouped object not always copying properly
- added Duration and Remaining time of selected item in VideoList
Ronald555 on 4/25/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#393 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks....it seems ti be working GREAT so far...been running some tests on my vmix 22 systems, an I must say it seems perfect....

thanks again
raugert  
#394 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:59:15 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Updates for Android Tablets and iPad are available on their respective app stores.

- Added compatibility with vMix Panel Builder Desktop version 4.0.18 features (as listed below)
- New VideoList Field
- New dual action momentary Buttons
- Added port selection for controlling multiple vMix systems on same network

cheers,
Richard
sinc747 on 3/1/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#395 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 6:43:49 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi all...was playing around wit Panel builder to see where it will work best on a single monitor setup, and this is what I finally settled on...I always wished that vMix team would make this window multi-purpose, as in my case I use large monitors, or the multiview output on a second monitor,so I can see my inputs clear enough to know if they are in focus......PB with the playlist is great....

Joeboe  
#396 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 12:19:09 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi, I think I just found a bug...don't know where it came from, but I can not 'clone' any buttons anymore.....when I first opened Panel builder, I was able to do that, but for some reason it is not working anymore.....

Thanks
raugert  
#397 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 12:28:31 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

Yes indeed , I inadvertently created that bug in the last release :(

I'll fix it in the next release. You can still use CTL-C to copy and CTL-V to paste the objects for now.

sorry about that,
Richard
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 5/1/2020(UTC), christianm on 5/3/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#398 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 1:31:15 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thank you....I only found that after I went to build a new preset......
lainol  
#399 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 8:59:17 PM(UTC)
lainol

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Folme Go to Quoted Post
Hi, @raugert !

im having issues syncing the panel builder with the app on a android tablet.

after setting up the IP adress, the tablet can comunicate with vmix in the main PC (i guess:the arrows become green but the interface is blank)
but in the dialog to copy presets and icons dont show anithing

im in the same network. enabled and disabled firewall, etc and no way.

is there a way to copy manually the files in a specific folder on android?

cheers, folme!

Same problem here, fixed... You have to save the template in user/documents/vMix Panel Builder

Hope it helps
raugert  
#400 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 12:29:27 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks lainol for your reply to Folme. Just to clarify a bit:

The .vmpbx files in the "default folder" in the Panel Builder Desktop preferences, are in fact the files that will sync to the Tablet. When first installing Panel Builder, the default folder is set to user/documents/vMIx Panel Builder, but some users may have changed their default folder.

@Folme:
The files in the Tablet are saved in the appropriate folder that is associated with the application. You can not manually copy files to this folder.

thanks to all of you for supporting the app,
Richard