logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JwBlodgett  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 1:21:12 AM(UTC)
JwBlodgett

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey guys!

We run a Facebook live show with vmix. We have a relatively complicated audio setup, but the relevant details are that our audio comes into our computer through a Beringer U-Phoria UMC404HD. I have Vmix using that as an audio input. Sometimes it will randomly stop, meaning our show has no mic audio (a vmix call in will still keep working though, but of course the guest can't hear us).

I can solve it by clicking the gear in the purple box, clicking "change" in the top right, and then re-selecting that input (which currently says "none").

It happens more some days than others, and seems more likely to happen when we're running more intensive elements (such as a Vmix call, or a playlist of videos).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
SOLUTION FOUND

Hey guys, and those in the future who may view this in the future looking for help: I have fixed the issue, at least in my own use case.

After each boot of the machine, and before showtime, I have to open the UMC Control Panel Software.

From there, navigate to the Buffer Settings tab, and then change the Preferred ASIO Buffer Size to 2048 samples. After having done this, I almost never have any issues with the audio dropping out and needing to be reset.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 2:42:11 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
What are your Power Plan settings?

Have you tried disabling power management for USB connected devices?
JwBlodgett  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 5:04:23 AM(UTC)
JwBlodgett

Canada

Thank you for the advice, I've adjusted my power plan to "High Performance", and I've turned off power management for USB connected devices. I'll report back tomorrow if there's any change!
AlanZ  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 12:17:02 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Also, you should be able to right click on the input and select Reset.
JwBlodgett  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 4:58:29 AM(UTC)
JwBlodgett

Canada

Right clicking the input and hitting Reset is a game changer for me! I can't believe I didn't know about that.

Unfortunately, I still needed to use it a few times today, and trying the above changes did not work to prevent the issue
Bamboo  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:10:18 PM(UTC)
Bamboo

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JwBlodgett Go to Quoted Post
Right clicking the input and hitting Reset is a game changer for me! I can't believe I didn't know about that.

Unfortunately, I still needed to use it a few times today, and trying the above changes did not work to prevent the issue

I also appreciate the Reset tip. I too have been having Audio Input failure this week on my primary input. I installed the latest drivers, and it's a UMC404HD . it's always been stable. Until just recently. if you find the solution, please let me know.

P
JwBlodgett  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
JwBlodgett

Canada

Just checking in to see if any of you guys have found a fix for this.

I can reiterate that it's more likely when working the computer harder.. especially in a video call.

My workaround for the past little bit has been using a Streamdeck with one button mapped to resetting the audio. But, I'd still prefer to fix the actual issue.
JwBlodgett  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 7:40:38 AM(UTC)
JwBlodgett

Canada

SOLUTION FOUND

Hey guys, and those in the future who may view this in the future looking for help: I have fixed the issue, at least in my own use case.

After each boot of the machine, and before showtime, I have to open the UMC Control Panel Software.

From there, navigate to the Buffer Settings tab, and then change the Preferred ASIO Buffer Size to 2048 samples. After having done this, I almost never have any issues with the audio dropping out and needing to be reset.

[img=https://ibb.co/wZn4SxR]A view of the UMC Control Panel, configured correctly.[/img]