logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#321 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:45:03 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
@Narcogen

In update Version 4.0.7 the following changes have been made to allow users to install Panel Builder in directories other than the document directory. This feature was added for users on entreprise networks where writing to the documents folder is not permitted. As a result the new "UserIcons" folder is now created in the directory where Panel Builder is installed. You can copy your icons from the old location (c:/document/vMix Panel Builder/Usericons) to the new folder and it should work.

changes to v4.0.7

" Panel Builder can now be installed in other folders such as c:/ProgramData on Windows. As there is not installer, make sure you copy the complete contents of the VMPB 4.0.7 Win folder to the folder you have selected. Once panel builder is launched, supporting files (Prefs and UserIcons folder) will automatically be created in the folder containing the application. Users can now store their templates wherever they have permissions. A 'Default User' field has been added to the preferences. This is used as the default path for opening and saving files. It is also used for iPad syncing. "

regards,
Richard
Narcogen  
#322 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:50:02 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That will likely cause problems on MacOS, because that means the application will attempt writing in /Applications which will not be permitted.
raugert  
#323 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 5:24:45 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

You can actually install it in the Applications folder if you like, but you should first create a folder to put it into. This will keep the newly created Prefs file and the UserIcons together with the application. Otherwise they will be created in the root of the Applications folder. Writing to the applications folder doesn't seem to be an issue (as strange as that seems for MAC).

Narcogen  
#324 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:36:40 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

This doesn't appear to work either.

Inside a folder in /Applications, with the User Prefs and User Icons folder in that folder, attempting to load a sheet results in an endless loop of "loading panel".

Again, reverting to 4.0.6 directly in /Applications resolves the issue.
Joeboe  
#325 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:46:09 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Try this: open 4.07, and then click on open, point it to a preset from 4.0.6, ....if that file opens, save, and when asked, overwrite the 4.0.6 file in the folder....or, create a New Folder, copy all the 4.0.6 files into that folder, open 4.0.7, go to that new folder and open one of the 4.0.6 presets, then save....since the file would not be found, Panel builder should write a file in the folder default Application folder...
Narcogen  
#326 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:53:53 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

I have tried that- 4.0.7 is unable to open any .tab or .csv saved by 4.0.6 or earlier, it displays "loading panel" but never completes opening the file. The program becomes unresponsive and must be quit.

It doesn't seem to matter where you try to load that file from-- either from /Applications/filename.csv, /Applications/Vmix Panel Builder/filename.csv, or ~/Documents/Vmix Panel Builder/filename.csv.
raugert  
#327 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:24:45 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Narcogen

If you don't mind, can you email me your .csv file at info@studio793.ca

I'll try to see what might be causing that. As I add new features to the application, it becomes more difficult to maintain compatibility with older versions. I might miss some things...

regards,
Richard
Foffa  
#328 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 11:17:33 AM(UTC)
Foffa

Norway

Hi, how to use TBar for replay speed? (0%-10%-20%-30%-40%-50%60%-70%-80%-90%-100%)
raugert  
#329 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 3:28:44 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

You can choose the command "ReplaySetSpeed" with the TBar. Set the TBar Type to "Traditional". It will behave the same as the slider in the Replay Input in vMix (0-100%)

regards,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Foffa on 2/5/2020(UTC)
christianm  
#330 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 3:28:39 PM(UTC)
christianm

Been out of the loop for a little while and must have missed a few version updates but have to say that after installing I am very impressed! Thank you :)

Prob an easy one but is it possible to edit a dynamic script after it has been created? I have been exporting each one and then re-importing to edit but that is a bit painful. When I try to open the script editor of an existing button it just comes up blank.

Thanks
raugert  
#331 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 2:45:39 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi christianm,

Yes, it looks like there is an issue with the script module opening up in version 4.7. Typically, if a button has a "StartScriptDynamic" command, the script editor should open up, enumerate the script, and allow you to edit it. You shouldn't have to import / export :(

This bug seems to have happened in the latest version. I will fix that soon.

Thanks for your patience,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
christianm on 2/5/2020(UTC)
raugert  
#332 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:33:04 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Version 4.0.9

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.9

-added “Logging” feature. "Run and Record" Log files will be created as follows: (Default Folder where they are saved can be set in Preferences)

“Run Logs” will be created each time a file is opened in Panel Builder. The Date, System time, and InputName will be logged when there is a change on the Output. A optional Memo field is available in the button InfoBox. It’s contents will be added to the log file, only if switched from the Panel Builder.

“Record Logs” will be created when a recording starts in vMix. A filename.txt will be created in the same format as the recorded filename for easy match up. Changes in Output will be logged starting at “00:00:00” to coincide with the video recording.

- fixed faders not updating properly when camera not available
- added new mix feature from vMix23 to script builder
- added Bitfocus to command box. Can run Bitfocus commands simultaneously with vMix commands
- fixed Script window not opening up when Editing a dynamic script

Richard
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 2/6/2020(UTC), Ronald555 on 2/7/2020(UTC)
christianm  
#333 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:24:02 AM(UTC)
christianm

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE: Version 4.0.9

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.9

-added “Logging” feature. "Run and Record" Log files will be created as follows: (Default Folder where they are saved can be set in Preferences)

“Run Logs” will be created each time a file is opened in Panel Builder. The Date, System time, and InputName will be logged when there is a change on the Output. A optional Memo field is available in the button InfoBox. It’s contents will be added to the log file, only if switched from the Panel Builder.

“Record Logs” will be created when a recording starts in vMix. A filename.txt will be created in the same format as the recorded filename for easy match up. Changes in Output will be logged starting at “00:00:00” to coincide with the video recording.

- fixed faders not updating properly when camera not available
- added new mix feature from vMix23 to script builder
- added Bitfocus to command box. Can run Bitfocus commands simultaneously with vMix commands
- fixed Script window not opening up when Editing a dynamic script

Richard

Fixed! And done is no time at all! Thank you :)
Ronald555  
#334 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 6:22:34 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I am using several presets.
In vMix I can just doubleclick a preset file and it will be loaded, but in PB this is not working.
PB is starting, but the preset is not loading.

Is there a way to let PB load the preset?
Joeboe  
#335 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 7:56:33 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: Ronald555 Go to Quoted Post
I am using several presets.
In vMix I can just doubleclick a preset file and it will be loaded, but in PB this is not working.
PB is starting, but the preset is not loading.

Is there a way to let PB load the preset?

I do not quite get what you mean, but if you set PB to load last preset in the preferences to load on startup, OK...I now see what you mean vMix sets an icon for each preset, so you can load that preset directly, but PB does not....they show in the folder as excel files....that is how it is at present....and yes, I wish that it could be loaded directly from the preset, but for now it does not...I have to load PB, and then point it to the preset I want to use....
Ronald555  
#336 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 8:03:49 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I attached the csv extension to PB (always open with PB), so it gets the PB icon, and it starts PB, but thats all.
Joeboe  
#337 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 1:26:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi, it works...just that it does not launch the actual preset, it only launches PB only, and I still have to point it to that preset to open it.....Hope we can get this fixed in an update soon...

UPDATE: I was opening presets made in earlier versions...4.0.6, and 4.0.7, and all was well, but I just made a layout in 4.0.9, and there is an issue....the VU meters are not working...the faders are ok, just that there is no VU meters...

UPDATE.:,,,I forgot that this version is written for vMix 23...maybe that is why it is not working...I am running 22.0.0.69
Ronald555  
#338 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 8:35:51 PM(UTC)
Ronald555

Another thing, I noticed that my main preset file has a lot of old unused code, I think because of a lot of edits I have done during many versions.
There are a lot of lines with old unused user icons.

Can this mess up or slow down things or does PB just ignore this?

(one thing I noticed is that I have to restart PB after every edit, because the tallies are not working correctly without restart)
raugert  
#339 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 4:01:43 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

I just checked v4.0.9 with vMix22 and the faders VU's are working correctly. Check your preferences, maybe they got turned off in there ?

@Ronald555

I'm assuming by "unused code", you mean that your preset (.csv) file has some Icon file names that no longer exist.

When you load a preset file containing UserIcons, it will check to see if the icons exist in the UserIcon folder. If an icon is missing, you should get a message indicating which ones are missing. In that case, you should either re-add the missing icons or edit your preset to remove the icon in that button. (Insert blank). Although, "unused" items in the preset file shouldn't typically mess things up, it's a good idea to keep the UserIcons in order.

You shouldn't have to restart PB after every edit and the tallies should continue to work.. If I recall, you use a lot of PTZ controls. Are you using the "common Name" feature for tallying any buttons ? It might have something to do with that. If you can email me your preset, I'll see if I can duplicate your issue.

As far as opening a file by clicking the preset goes.. That is not yet possible. You can open the app, as you have done using the windows extension feature, but the preset itself will not load. I will have to add that to the app..

thanks,
Richard
Joeboe  
#340 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 10:07:22 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joeboe,

I just checked v4.0.9 with vMix22 and the faders VU's are working correctly. Check your preferences, maybe they got turned off in there ?

thanks,
Richard

I checked, and it just not working...even tried it on a friend's system with vMix 22.0.0.66, and it does not work.....did a windows update on my system, and it still not working