logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBacker  
#301 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:40:18 AM(UTC)
TBacker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

1. I didn't think users would typically use special characters for Input Names but I guess it's not the case :) You will now be able to use names with special characters.

We have a lot of different inputs with and without social feeds, so they're named like "Studio 1 Wide" and "Studio 1 Wide + Social", so yeah, figures we would be the oddball case ;-)

3. This was done by design. Normally the objects are unlocked for editing. The "lock icon" only works in "Edit" mode. It locks the objects in place and prevent them from being moved, sized or deleted when editing commands. Some users wanted the ability to 'temporarily' lock objects so they wouldn't inadvertently be moved when selecting them. The normal editing state is "unlocked" therefor it is not persistent.

I'm an idiot. I knew this, but in the haze of a long day and with thought to securing the setups I had labored over I asked for something that doesn't make sense.

I have also added password protection for "Controllable Panels" to prevent editing. A "Password Protect" option has been added in the preferences. When enabled, the user will be asked for a password, otherwise it will save without a password.
When saving Read-Only panels, they always require a password to prevent user intervention.

Excellent. A lot of time goes into some of these setups and I feared someone ending up in edit mode and madly clicking on stuff trying to get out (or "customizing" stuff to individual taste!).

Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this. Looking forward to the release.

Tim

Joeboe  
#302 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 8:06:34 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
You know, I am glad to see the password option, but what I did from day one, after creating layouts, I always save them in a different folder and keep them backed up on either a thumb drive, or another drive on my PC, just in case someone should tamper with them...in such a case, I would just open, and search for my backups, and load from there then save again to default folder, (usually.. c:documents), with the same name, and when asked if I want to overwrite, I click on yes, and my original is back....had a few PC crashes before that caused me to lose presets from other programs, so this is a normal thing for me to do ....so also do a backup of your templates.....PCs just do not tell you when they will crash....I also have a folder with my icons, that are in the same folder with PB, so as not to have to search for them every time either, so, if I should give someone a layout, they also get a copy of all my icons.....plus a template or so....
raugert  
#303 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:06:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
UPDATE: Version 4.0.5

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.5

- You can now use special characters in Input Names

- The password dialog box now functions properly. That was a bug I inadvertently created in the last update.

* I have also added an optional "password protect" for "Controllable Panels" in order to prevent editing.
The "Password Protect" option has been added in the preferences. When enabled, the creator will be asked for a password, otherwise it will save without a password.
When saving panels as Read-Only, they always require a password to prevent user intervention.

- Fixed "Theme" pulldown menu issue, where it was not resetting to saved preferences.

I hope I didn't cause more bugs than I fixed :)
Richard
thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 12/24/2019(UTC), Ronald555 on 12/26/2019(UTC)
djlyds  
#304 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:50:37 AM(UTC)
djlyds

Sistem androi pleas..
Ronald555  
#305 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:55:28 PM(UTC)
Ronald555

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've got still the problem with the missing icons with V4.0.5.
Some times it's OK, but most of the time the icons are missing.

I discovered some strange behaviour, maybe this helps to solve the problem:

The icons actualy appear a fraction of a second after starting PB and then they dissappear.
Icon buttons with tally function appear a half second later and will stay.
When 'open last' they all appear on the same moment (also when PB is starting OK).

I am using usericons with arrows for PTZ movement control.
When I change the function to cutdirect then they will load correctly!
(and changing back to PTZ will bring back the problem)

Feature request:
Adding 8 arrows for PTZ control to the build-in icon set (fits well in the icon set and would also solve the problem for me)

Found some nice ones:

d.png (6kb) downloaded 5 time(s). dr.png (5kb) downloaded 3 time(s). l.png (5kb) downloaded 3 time(s). ur.png (5kb) downloaded 3 time(s). r.png (5kb) downloaded 4 time(s). dl.png (5kb) downloaded 3 time(s). u.png (6kb) downloaded 3 time(s). ul.png (5kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
raugert  
#306 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 4:35:45 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Ronald555

I can't seem to duplicate your issue. Icons all appear as expected. Can you email me at info@studio793.ca . Include your .csv file. We'll get to the bottom of this :)

regards,
Richard
Ronald555  
#307 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 6:25:21 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I have deleted the whole user folder and created a complete new panel with only a few iconbuttons and still the same problem.
Can you test the arrow png files, maybe a transparency problem?

(when I save a new config file it is saved as .tab, even if I choose .csv, after editing I can save it as .csv)

I will mail my .csv file to you.
Joeboe  
#308 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:10:18 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I don't seem to get your issue....I create my own icons, and they work great...all you need to do is use Photoshop, open a new project with transparent background, and save the icon you create as a PNG file, then import it into PB...just do not make the images too big a file.....

about 500kbs is good...a bit larger works well.....
Ronald555  
#309 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:33:46 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

I tried al kinds of png images with and without transparency and also jpg, but they are just most of the time not loading.
Strange enough, it only seems to happen with PTZ control and cut transition.

Can you edit a few iconbuttons to another switch function like PTZ movements and see or the icons are loading?
raugert  
#310 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 2:47:15 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update: Version 4.0.6

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.6

- fixed issue where icons were not always loading when PB set to ‘Open last template on startup’
- clicking on connect icon will now re-connect to vMix if connection is lost
- added PTZ “arrows" to MediaIcon group

- added a “common name” feature that can be used in a Button as an “onAir” indicator for inputs containing a common name. If you create a button and choose command “ActiveInput” then add an “asterisk" to the beginning of the “Common name” that you enter in the Input field, it will look for that name within all the inputs, and tally if any of those inputs are onAir (Program / Output). This feature was mostly added for users using PTZ controls. By adding this button as a background to the PTZ buttons, the user can see if that camera is onAir before moving the PTZ.

example:
If Input named Cam1 PTZ1 or Cam1 PTZ2 is onAir then this button will tally if the name entered in Input field is *Cam1 (because Cam1 is common to both inputs)

Some of you might find other uses..

regards,
Richard

thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Ronald555 on 12/30/2019(UTC)
Joeboe  
#311 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 10:03:15 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks for your fixes and updates.....everything is working well for me......thanks again....

I have done a glow and added it behind my buttons, so that when I select an input, it appears to glow instead of just turning Red or the colour I select....in the case of using Red, the glow is red as well....it adds some character to the buttons...am trying to create an icon that looks more realistic ...until then, I will just settle with what I have created for now....
TBacker  
#312 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 12:10:01 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

One more request...

In an enterprise environment like ours, the Documents folder may be redirected and have security restrictions as to where folders may be created. For example, our studios are set up so that the documents folder is redirected to a network share with subfolders for individuals and other specific purposes. Users are only allowed to create/delete within a subfolder. As you know, Panel Builder tries to create and use it's own folder in Documents root, which in our case is not allowed.

On the windows version, could you move the preferences and support files to a path under systemdrive/ProgramData as is more standard? The actual CSV files location should obviously be left to the user, but should not cause Panel Builder to have issues if the root of Documents won't allow writing.

I won't be able to deploy Panel Builder into our studios as it is because it insists on initializing it's folder in the root of Documents.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
raugert  
#313 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 1:33:38 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

good morning Tim,

I didn't think the Panel Builder App would make it to an enterprise environment :) I guess that's a good thing. I'll have to give this some thought as the directory structure is hard coded and the biggest issue is that the iPad syncing relies on it. This would bring up another challenge if you ever start using iPads for controllers, as syncing is done through wifi..

Feel free to email me at info@studio793.ca to further discuss your workflow.

regards,
Richard
Joeboe  
#314 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 1:37:43 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

You are so right...I wish I could decide my default folder to any location, rather than Documents.....on the system drive..but, I copy that folder to another drive, so as to have a backup in case I have to reformat the C: drive...
Ronald555  
#315 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 1:49:12 AM(UTC)
Ronald555

Everything seems to work OK in the new version, thanks Richard!
raugert  
#316 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:37:54 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Version 4.0.7

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-4.0.7

- Panel Builder can now be installed in other folders such as c:/ProgramData on Windows. As there is not installer, make sure you copy the complete contents of the VMPB 4.0.7 Win folder to the folder you have selected. Once panel builder is launched, supporting files (Prefs and UserIcons folder) will automatically be created in the folder containing the application. Users can now store their templates wherever they have permissions. A 'Default User' field has been added to the preferences. This is used as the default path for opening and saving files. It is also used for iPad syncing.

- Fixed an issue where the group field was not restoring when loading a file.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 3 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 1/2/2020(UTC), Ronald555 on 1/3/2020(UTC), Video Dave on 1/4/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#317 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 11:30:11 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Working great...love the update....keep the great work up....Think this is the Best thing to happen to vMix in my opinion....loved it from day one

I like to challenge you as usual. can you develop your buttons to glow (neon effect) when activated along with maintaining their colour
similar to this ....

thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
HuperSom on 2/13/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#318 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:36:54 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I was trying how to get my Icon buttons to have a light colour, and tally into the same colour in full...and I found it....It is very simple too....what I did, was to create the image I want on the icon, add a very soft background colour in photoshop using the layer adjustment to lighten the colour, in my case, Red,...and save as PNG....then I turn off that filter, and save again with 'A' as my strong coloured icon ....I did that for every button, then import them into PB as user set, and edited in this way...I select the icon button, and add the light image first...then, I highlighted the 'Tally" button, and add the strong coloured image, so now, when I select a button, the colour is strong, and when not selected, it is lightplus I have the glow image I created behind the button to tally as well....it looks nice.
TBacker  
#319 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 7:52:14 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

UPDATE: Version 4.0.7

- Panel Builder can now be installed in other folders such as c:/ProgramData on Windows. As there is not installer, make sure you copy the complete contents of the VMPB 4.0.7 Win folder to the folder you have selected. Once panel builder is launched, supporting files (Prefs and UserIcons folder) will automatically be created in the folder containing the application. Users can now store their templates wherever they have permissions. A 'Default User' field has been added to the preferences. This is used as the default path for opening and saving files. It is also used for iPad syncing.

Thanks for this! Will do a test soon in our environment and let you know how it goes.

Narcogen  
#320 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:01:24 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Latest version seems to have broken icon buttons for me completely. All old icon buttons are now missing their icons; adding an image file as a new user icon causes a brief finder hang, and no icon is added.

Reverting to 4.0.6 resolved this issue.

Using MacOS 10.14.