logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Omaha Hockey Network  
#221 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:21:44 PM(UTC)
Omaha Hockey Network

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
The Panel Builder was designed to be more of a switcher rather than a custom sports scoreboard. Although it can perform most of the functions shown in your image, it doesn't have the ability to load rosters or custom text into pulldown menus. Having said that, I like your idea and it may not be too hard to add it in some way to the app. I will give it some thought .

As far as overlays goes, there are only 4 available in vMix. You can sometimes use the Input's multiviews to display certains things. Note: They will only key on/off without effects.

cheers,
Richard

Great - thank you.
Joeboe  
#222 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 9:14:33 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Check how I personalized my Panel Builder Love this little App....works great, and I also have vertical layouts for special occasions
raugert  
#223 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:46:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Update : version 2.0.40 ----- revert to version 2.0.36 until further update (Thanks Joeboe for finding a few bugs) ---

- added VU meter object
- PreviewOverlay tallies now function correctly. (thanks Martin for adding attribute to XML API)
- added “SetImageVisible” to command list
- added “SetTextVisible” to command list
- InfoBox now appears as a separate floating window
- Script Builder now appears as a separate floating window
- Improved Script Builder pulldown menus
- added “duration" field to Script Builder
- added import / export and “test” script features to Script Builder
- fixed a bug when using incremental value (eg: +=1) in Value field of Script Builder
- Added “Zoom” feature for temporarily sizing window when designing templates (it is not save in preferences defaults)
- moved vMix IP setting to preferences pane
- removed file path in title bar
- added SetBalance to HV Slider
- fixed canvas BG to resize properly on startup
- buttons with transition commands will now tally
- added “LoopOn” command to tally able buttons

Your suggestions for improvement are always welcome. Thank-you all for your support.
cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:05:11 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Downloaded, and am running some tests...so far, still a little now and then-ish...it is not updating as smoothly as earlier versions, but I like the new setup....the floating window is good, as in older versions, I had to open up the size to see what I was doing, and sometimes it got in the way of some things....I am still having a sluggish response to updating the User Icons, and sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the updates to load...The removal of file location is very much welcomed....now I can see the names of my layouts, as I create a few for different layouts for certain functions...and name them so I can load the correct one when setting up ...Tanks again, and i will continue to test and report back here....
Joeboe  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:18:49 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

UPDATE:
I have an issue....when I open Panel Builder, it has the 'Edit" button in red, and it is not responsive until I close the edit button, and when I click on 'EDIT' to make adjustments, I can not see the Info Box to do my editing...On the Task Bar, I see the box, but can not get it to open on the screen to make my adjustments....it worked perfect the first time, but now it does not..It is also showing many instances running in Task Manager...Also, I notice that it does not save and launch the last setup as in earlier versions....each time it is launched, it asks for a template, even though it is set to open last setup..After opening, I have to go and select a template in order to get back my icons, as most of the buttons are blank on first launch.Also, the writing, "Select object or Right-Click on canvas is all that is showing, as the other words are cut off when the InfoBox is opened....
raugert  
#226 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:11:16 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update : version 2.0.40 ----- revert to version 2.0.36 until further update (Thanks Joeboe for finding a few bugs) ---
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 8/14/2019(UTC)
raugert  
#227 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:23:13 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update 2.0.42

https://cli.re/vMix-Panel-Builder-2.0.42

- added VU meter object
- PreviewOverlay tallies now function correctly. (thanks Martin for adding attribute to XML API)
- added “SetImageVisible” to command list
- added “SetTextVisible” to command list
- InfoBox now appears as a separate floating window
- Script Builder now appears as a separate floating window
- Improved Script Builder pulldown menus
- added “duration" field to Script Builder
- added import / export and “test” script features to Script Builder
- fixed a bug when using incremental value (eg: +=1) in Value field of Script Builder
- Added “Zoom” feature for temporarily sizing window when designing templates (it is not save in preferences defaults)
- moved vMix IP setting to preferences pane
- removed file path in title bar
- added SetBalance to HV Slider
- fixed canvas BG to resize properly on startup

*fixed bugs created in version 2.0.40 (removed from release*
- fixed position of "Infobox" on initial start
- fixed "Open last on startup"
- improved loading of UserIcons (Note: Try to limit icon sizes to 50k or less if using many Usericons)

Thank-you to all for your patience. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe on 8/15/2019(UTC)
Peter1000  
#228 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:01:19 AM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
thanks richard for the VU object.
great!

best
peter
Joeboe  
#229 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:51:44 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I do not seem to be able to get these two functions to work as you described.......Actually I do not see the option to do such...

thank you again
raugert  
#230 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:39:42 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

I probably wasn't too clear in the description of the change. Here is a better explanation.

If you use a command in a button such as "Fade" and specify an "Input", the button would not show the tally when it was active. Now it does. This was a request from a user that likes to use a " Transistion" bus rather than use a Preview and Program bus.

The "LoopOn" command was always available in the "InputSelect" group, but would not show a tally if the input's "Loop" was On. Now it shows a tally, to reflect the condition of the Input in vMIx.

Thanks for your support,
cheers,
Richard

Joeboe on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Joeboe  
#231 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:38:20 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thank you, I will check later...I see the Loop On in the list, but never noticed it before...Thanks again
Joeboe  
#232 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:05:26 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I am looking for a way to get one button to control Record and Multicorder at the same time....I have to use 2 buttons, which can be tricky at times in a fast pace usage
raugert  
#233 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:33:09 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

You can try something like this (see attached file)

- Create a button with a script (add StartStopRecord and StartStopMulticorder). This will not have a tally so...
- Create 2 other small buttons to be used as tallies . Set one button to StartStopRecord (R) and the other to StartStopMulticorder (M)
- I also added a label as a background..

cheers,
Richard
RecordMulti Button.png (26kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Joeboe  
#234 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:25:25 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thanks...that was simple.....I even forgot all about scripting......but I did not create those 2 small buttons, I left the already created buttons, which tally Red, so when I activate the new button, those 2 previously created buttons tally.....so, it is easier to notice, plus, I still have the option to do each action seperately....Thanks again

EDIT: I just notice something ...the audio meters are not working as well as earlier versions...they seem to be over shooting the actual graphics that represent them....I thought it was just the laptop I was using, but it is happening on every system I placed it on....it happens mostly when the the levels reach the yellow section..

Hare 2 screen shots of how I personlise and use The Panel Builder. My friend, whose system I use, is very pleased with how I have his system is looking...Note: The 'T' bar...did that in Photoshop....makes the surface look more like a hardware version..made some screws, but but did not worry to place them...Thought that was taking things too far....but it looked great when I tried them....

Here are 2 more.....I just get get carried away sometimes with this program....but some of the ideas are usually for friends I work with...they just want to look different, so when I make a layout, I modify it for myself...I must be different too....

thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
Omaha Hockey Network on 8/31/2019(UTC)
raugert  
#235 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 1:40:37 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

**** New for iPad ***

see original post for details
Joeboe on 10/11/2019(UTC)
Jav  
#236 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:09:06 AM(UTC)
Jav

Spain

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can't connect the i-pac to the vMix panel Builder, can they be on the same PC?
raugert  
#237 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:27:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Jav,

Yes the vMix Panel Builder desktop application can be on the same PC as the vMix switcher. Once you have installed the vMix Panel app in your iPad, you need to set the IP’s in the preferences (cog icon ). Set the “vMix IP” to the vMix computer’s IP and set the “Host IP” to the same. Then you need to sync the files from the PC to the iPad by selecting “Sync yo tablet” on your PC. Please review the Demo video for a more detailed explanation if needed.

Cheers,
Richard
Narcogen  
#238 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi. This looks awesome, and I would love to start testing.

Unfortunately I'm hitting a roadblock trying to sync templates. I've tried running the deskop app (which I already use regularly) either on a Mac on my network, or on the Windows machine that runs VMix, and turning on the "Sync to Tablet" option there.

Regardless of which computer I run the desktop app runs, I'm seeing user icons available to sync, but no templates.

Any idea on what step I might be missing? I've tried opening old templates, or creating new ones from scratch, but the list of available templates is always empty.
Joeboe  
#239 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 10:26:30 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Take a look at post #242 and #254....or this...
raugert  
#240 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:17:42 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@ Narcogen

Thanks for your interest in testing. I'm assuming you might be trying to load your old .csv files and not those (.tab) needed for an iPad? Here is an explanation of how the files work for the iPad.

In order for the iPad to read templates files, they must be created for the iPad. When you create a "New Tablet" template it will now save the file in the "Documents/vMix Panel Builder" directory with a .tab file type. This is the file types that the iPad will retrieve and display when you go to load a file. The reason for this is that the canvas size of the template, must match that of an iPad. When you create or created a "New Desktop" it creates .csv files, and allows you to change the canvas size, so some old templates would not fit if they were larger than an iPad.

Having said that, if you have an old .csv canvas that is small enough to be displayed on the iPad and don't want to completely recreate it, you can create a copy and rename it with a .tab file type. You could then edit it to properly fit the iPad. Then the file could be loaded into the iPad.

Please feel free to ask for additional help if you need.

much appreciated,
Richard