logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevespaw  
#181 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:52:19 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Ok now I am trying to figure out the "timer" function, you have in the guide a use case to set record start time. This is exactly a button I need, but I can't quite figure out how to create/use this function.

Thanks,
Steve
raugert  
#182 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:12:10 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. I'm assuming the batch file you would like to run, is to send commands to other programs outside of vMix ? I'm not too sure how this would integrate into the Panel Builder, as it is really designed to execute specific vMix functions. Perhaps you could elaborate on what your batch file would do, and I'll see if I can help.

- I can look at adding an "export script" feature to allow other controllers to use the scripts from within vMix. I'm guessing you are using other devices like X-Keys to control functions where the same scripts could be used ?

- The timer function is a one-shot timer. It will execute the command within a button at a specified time. Enter the desired time (in the 'Timer' field) that you wish to trigger the command of the selected button. The format is (6:30:00 pm)

Feel free to PM me if you like, if you are still having issues with the timer or other features.

cheers,
Richard
stevespaw  
#183 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:59:21 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Richard,
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of use cases for the Batch/executable use. This is to make a panel for a total non-user.

1. Launch Excel opening a predefined file and fill in the details for the graphics used in todays presentation.
2. Launch a Batch file that copies all of today's recordings to your Flash drive and to an archive folder.

Yes the Xkeys is exactly what I am looking at for the scripts. :-) I build most of my shows using scripts, they are way easier to manage. Your script builder is nice and would be a big leap for folks that are scared of code.

Now I am going to ask for one more:
Can you add and NDI viewer Window? This would truly top it off for our needs. Again we are trying to make a panel for non-users and confidence monitoring would be HUGE.

Thanks for your attention,

Best,
Steve

stevespaw  
#184 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:56:54 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steve,

- The timer function is a one-shot timer. It will execute the command within a button at a specified time. Enter the desired time (in the 'Timer' field) that you wish to trigger the command of the selected button. The format is (6:30:00 pm)

No Go on the timer, no matter what I do the command (Fullscreen on) happens when I press the button.

Annotation 2019-03-19 115501.png (72kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Any thoughts?

Steve
raugert  
#185 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:45:53 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Sorry I put the format in brackets, but don't use the brackets. Just 11:52:00 am

The button is always active, so if you press the button, it will still execute the command. The timer will only execute the command at the specified time.
stevespaw  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:28:59 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Sorry I put the format in brackets, but don't use the brackets. Just 11:52:00 am

The button is always active, so if you press the button, it will still execute the command. The timer will only execute the command at the specified time.

Still No Go sorry :-(
Steve

raugert  
#187 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:51:44 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hmmm it should work. Did you use a leading 0 by chance ? Something like 02:30:00 pm instead of 2:30:00 pm ? I doesn't like the leading 0.

If that doesn't fix it, can you send me your .csv template file. I'll have a look at it and see what's going on..

thanks,
Richard
Joeboe  
#188 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have a question...How do I remove the writing from the top of the UI of the Panel BBuilder....it shows the name and file location etc....I would like to remove it
raugert  
#189 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 8:01:13 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe. Good to hear from you. It's been a while.

Do you want to hide the text only or remove the complete title bar ? The title bar is part of the system window, so removing it will have certain consequences. For example, you would no longer be able to move the window around. Technically, it can be removed, but I'm wondering what advantage it has ?

cheers,
Richard

Joeboe  
#190 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 1:08:17 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Not the entire bar, just hide the text only....Panel Builder can remain, but the file location etc. I wish I knew how to remove it

I am also having another issue....when I close and reopen Panel Builder, it does not retain the custom size nor settings. I set 80%, and Black Plastic as my Custom preset, but I always have to set it back when I open, even though I set that as my Default....
raugert  
#191 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 6:47:38 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The custom size feature was intended to 'temporarily' adjust the size of a template if you load it on another computer which has a different screen size or resolution. Therefore this setting is not saved in the default settings. When designing your templates, you should always leave the size set to 100% to avoid degrading the resolution of your panel.

I am currently working on an update and will look at adding a option to remove the file name in the preferences.

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#192 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:10:01 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thank you...will be looking out for that.....as you can see from the photo, too much imformation is showing on the bar
Joeboe  
#193 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:22:06 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I have another suggestion:...if you look at the shot I posted, you will notice the the labels look off centered....this is because the VU meters are not showing...is it possible to have a thin outline of where the VU meter are to assist in properly seeing that the labels look centered, of better yet, is it possible to have VU meters in the area where the sliders move, so as to take up less desktop space or another idea, is to make the area where the VU meters are displayed
here are examples of what I am referring to....I can see where the VU meters will be displayed, so I can center my labels better

Joeboe  
#194 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:38:05 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Yes, all the vMix shortcut commands are available with the buttons that you create.

To edit a title's text field :

1. From the from the command menu "?" button , select "Title" then "SetText"
2. Select the title from the dropdown menu in the Input field
3. Select the title's field you wish to change from the dropdown menu in the Selected Name field
4. Insert your text in the Value field. It there is more than 1 line in your title's field, you can use a semicolon as a delimiter
Joeboe  
#195 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:15:27 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I tried to use this method to Toggle through the Names of a list of Players, but it does not work....sometimes only one name may change, but I can not get pass the second name, and I have a list with 8 names..What am I doing wrong

UPDATE: I think I found what my problem is...it does not seem to be the Panel Builder, but vMix does not seem to have that feature, where I can toggle individual names from the Scoreboard title....
raugert  
#196 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:07:36 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The method described above is used to set the text of a single field in a Title and not made to toggle through a list.

Normally, you can toggle through title presets with the command: Title > NextTitlePreset or PreviousTitlePreset. This would then toggle your player names to the next one or previous one in your presets list. But I'm not quite sure if that's what you are trying to do, as you mentioned that you are using the 'Scoreboard' title. Are your player name fields in the same XAML Title as the scoreboard ? If so, that becomes a little tricky. You might want to look at using Data Sources in that case, and use commands like: DataSourceNextRow to change only certain fields.
Joeboe  
#197 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:47:16 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

yes, but I see it is not so easy, as vMix does not have that ability...I have to change the entire title preset with both names, but toggling one at a time is not done in vMix...although I was able to get Panel Builder to toggle between 2 names, but when I tried for more than 2, it gives me 1 correct, and the all the other names for the second, with the semicolon ....
ThommiTechnik  
#198 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:33:29 PM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
I have another suggestion:...if you look at the shot I posted, you will notice the the labels look off centered....this is because the VU meters are not showing...is it possible to have a thin outline of where the VU meter are to assist in properly seeing that the labels look centered, of better yet, is it possible to have VU meters in the area where the sliders move, so as to take up less desktop space or another idea, is to make the area where the VU meters are displayed
here are examples of what I am referring to....I can see where the VU meters will be displayed, so I can center my labels better

Hi,

what I did, when I finished my layout: if you click on the fader, you get the border of the widget, with bullets in middle. So I compared the bullets of label and fader, et voilà, it's centerd ;)

Cheers, Thomas

Joeboe  
#199 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:15:09 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Yes, that is what I do, but when there is no audio signal, the mute buttons look off center, because there is nothing showing in the place of the VU meters...In the examples I posted, even when there is no audio, you can still see clearly where the meter will show, so the 'Mute' button will not give that illusion of being off centered
elpejo  
#200 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:44:30 AM(UTC)
elpejo

hello, can you share me thIS excel teplante please? thanks and sorry for my english