logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#161 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:21:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Update:

- added “duration" field for transitions
- added “connect” icon to main window. It will open/close the IP window and show status of connection (green=connected)
- “Lock" icon will now lock objects and prevent them from being moved/sized/deleted when in Edit mode. However, the object properties remain editable in the InfoBox window
- added icons (follow, speaker/mute, clock) in media icons
- added new title shortcuts for compatibility with vMix 22 (setTickerSpeed, TitleBeginAnimation)

Version 2.0.36
https://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-v36

Your suggestions for improvement are always welcome. Thank-you all for your support.
cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#162 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:53:19 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This is how I use my Panel Builder switcher, single monitor
wtmuradiotv  
#163 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:53:00 AM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
UPDATED: 1 Feb 2019

Use this App to design your own Custom Control Panels. It is fully customizable and works on PC, MAC and All-In-One or Laptop touch screens.

Features:

- Window can be sized to whatever you like. Make large panels for multiple functions or small panels for simple functions.

- The background "theme" is selectable

- Buttons can have the "Classic Switcher" Clear button look or Coloured buttons with adjustable border size or Icon Buttons with customizable icons.

- Resizable Buttons, Labels and Faders can be added to canvas. Clone single or multiple objects.

- vMix Commands can be placed directly in Buttons and Faders

- "Hotkeys" - Keyboard keys can be assigned to Buttons

- Timer feature to send Button commands at a specified time (one time trigger)

- Objects can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas by drop and drag. Button/Label colours and border sizes can be adjusted to suit users.

- Labels can be placed on top or behind objects and made opaque or transparent. Border size, Text size and Colour is adjustable.

- Faders can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas. VU's can be hidden in Preferences if desired.

- Buttons and Faders can be assigned to any vMix commands (All the vMix shortcut commands are available on dropdown menus)

- Run vMix scripts directly within app using the "Script Builder". No need to know programming

- The layouts can be saved for later use. They files are not encrypted so they can easily be shared with others.

- No need to program the midi shortcuts in vMIx.

- Can be used on local network (LAN) or DDNS if you wish to control from outside your network (requires DDNS server)

——————————————————————

Download Links:

Version 2.0.36 (updated 1 Feb 2019)
https://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-v36

User Guide
http://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-user-guide

Sample Templates:
http://cli.re/vmix-sample-templates

Screen Shot VMPB Volleybal.png (249kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

Screen Shot VMPB Keybd.png (1,112kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

*** DEMOS/TUTORIALS ***

Pt 1 - Intro to vMix Panel Builder:

Pt 2 - Adding objects into Panel Builder:

Pt 3 - Adding command to objects:

Pt 4 - Adding scripts to buttons:

all good but wouldn't it be better to have a touch screen for this type of application
raugert  
#164 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:52:58 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes a touchscreen is ideal, the application was originally designed to run on PC laptops with touchscreen and All-In-One touchscreen computers. It also works on regular Mac and PC computers using the mouse or keyboard hotkeys for users who don't have touchscreen functionality.

I like to use a combination of both touch and hotkeys on a laptop with a touchscreen. In other words, I design a complete panel (like the first picture) to do all the functions that I want, then I program some hotkeys for the most used commands like the Program bus, Preview bus, Transitions, and Replays. (similar to the 2nd picture - Basic Keyboard Layout). This way, the most often used commands can be cut from a tactile keyboard that gives you a better feel and response. I then activate the less used commands, like the show timer, overlays and triggers from the touchscreen.

Marvin  
#165 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:23:12 PM(UTC)
Marvin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi how you doing? is there a way to create a play list a play manually each clean, when a anchor as for the video o pkg? do you had a tutorial on this theme, thanks so much and congratulation on this great program
raugert  
#166 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:10:13 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Marvin,

You can play individual items from a playlist by selecting the item (SelectIndex command) and then choosing a "transport" command such as (Play, Pause, PlayPause, Restart, NextItem, PreviousItem).

Here is a sample template where you can select which item you want to play and then apply the transport command.

PlayList Select.csv.zip (2kb) downloaded 66 time(s).

You can also automate some of this by using a script (like in the bottom button). For example, it will select the playlist item and play it directly to Output by pressing one button. You can of course change the script to suit your needs..

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Marvin on 3/7/2019(UTC)
Joeboe  
#167 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:22:36 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I think I have a bug.......now my FULL SCREEN is working as it should, but I created 2 playlists in vMix, and the play/pause button in on of the instances does not work,,./....the colour remains the same....one tallies correct, the other will not...I cloned the button from the working one, but when I select the player, it fails to tall on and off as the other is doing.....
raugert  
#168 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

Good to hear from you. I tried to replicate with all 3 button types and the tallies are working correctly here. I tested on both Mac and PC.

What button type are you using ? If it's the "Icon Button" type, make sure to select a tally color. The default color is gray, so it won't show the tally unless you change it to your desired tally color. I sometimes get caught on that myself.

I'm assuming that you are designing your panel with vMix running (That is the preferred method in order to get the correct input information from the GUID).

If you can't get it going send me a PM and we'll get it sorted out..

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#169 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:42:44 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I seem to get it to work now....cloned the first player, then re-assigned the buttons for the second player, and now it is working.......thanks...

Update:...I just found out that the Fullscren does not work with vMix 19. I am using Panel Builder on 2 PCs, and the one with ver. 19. is the PC that Fullscreen is not working correctly....20 and onward is working correct....I also did a trial run of vMix 22....and it works great with that....but I may have to reload that, as I had to change the Hard drive, new registration is needed....

Another Thing:
I just realised something else, that I did not mentioned before...If I restart m PC, Panel Builder does not keep the settings....I use Black plastic, and set it to open at 90%, but every time I have to restart the system, those settings are lost, and I have to reset again
ThommiTechnik  
#170 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:58:34 AM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Screenshot (6).png (96kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

Hi@all,

where am I doing the failure?

I set-up the panel on Row 1 for M/E-PVW, on Row 2 for M/E-PGM, on Row 3 Macros, and then I did a Row for the External Output. What I did: <ClearButton><SetExternalOutput2><Input 1> and this for all my inputs (17).

But when I touch or click the buttons, nothing happens. PVW and PGM, ColourBar, FTB, everything is working. Overlays, and wahtever. But not <SetExternalOutput2>

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, and Cheers, Thomas
raugert  
#171 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:21:33 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Thomas,

It is a little different for that particular command. Refer to page 243 of the vMix User Guide (Shortcuts)

For setting External Outputs, you must specify either (Output, Preview, Multiview, Input) into the "Value" field. In your case, you would enter the word "Input" in the value field.

regards,
Richard
ThommiTechnik  
#172 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:56:14 AM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Hi Thomas,

It is a little different for that particular command as per page 243 of the vMix User Guide.

For setting External Outputs, you must specify either (Output, Preview, Multiview, Input) into the "Value" field. In your case, you would enter the word "Input" in the value field.

regards,
Richard

Ah, OK 😊 Thanks!

Cheers, Thomas
ThommiTechnik  
#173 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 9:13:39 PM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Originally Posted by: ThommiTechnik Go to Quoted Post
Hi Thomas,

It is a little different for that particular command as per page 243 of the vMix User Guide.

regards,
Richard

Screenshot (1).png (143kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Working like a charm :)

Thanks, and Cheers, Thomas

christianm  
#174 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:14:49 AM(UTC)
christianm

Hi. Just started using this on PC an noticed its using over 12% CPU constantly, wondering if that is normal? Running Windows 10 updated to latest.
raugert  
#175 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:40:37 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi christianm,

The short answer is yes. It is constantly polling vMix to retrieve the tally and the VU status accurately and in real time. Typically it could use about 8% CPU. Depending on the complexity of your layout and the power of your CPU, it is possible to get to 12%.

cheers,
Richard
christianm  
#176 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:50:23 AM(UTC)
christianm

Vmix Script Dynamic.png (31kb) downloaded 1 time(s). Vmix Script Manual.png (33kb) downloaded 0 time(s).Hi Richard.

One more question, I am trying to get scripts to work however so far I have had no luck. For an example if I just use manual scripting and run this in a browser "server address(Had URL here but could not post message in this forum with it intact thinks its spam) Function=CutDirect&Input=9" I get the expected behavior however if I use the same basic function to test within the software nothing happens. Also when trying to use the Dynamic builder nothing happens. Decided to use wireshark to see what was going on and this is what is sent to vMix from CPB "Form item: "Value" = "Function=CutDirect&Input=cf5b862a-2860-46b3-9787-3a2e045656d5" and the server response is "Scripting is not available in this Edition of vMix. \r\n". If I enter the script or the one line I am testing with CPB sends "Form item: "Value" = "Function=CutDirect&Input=9" and the server response is "Script Function=CutDirect&Input=9 could not be found."

Might have it wrong but I thought that using the web API functions was not limited in my version of vMix or do I need to upgrade? Just strage that it runs from the browser but not CPB.

My Version: vMix HD 22.0.0.50 x64

Images of setup in CPB
raugert  
#177 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:10:35 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

I just checked on the vMIx site and in fact "scripting" is only available in 4k and Pro versions. Something I didn't realize myself. I use the Pro version so never ran into that issue..

The HD version will allow you to use the browser to issue straight single Function commands but not "Scripts". Scripts contain a sequence of several commands. The command you issued in the browser (Function=CutDirect&Input=9) is a single command and not a script as such.

In your case don't use the script commands in CPB. To add single commands to a button, simply select the function as per the pulldown options on the ? icon. (Ex: Transition > CutDirect ) Then select the Input with pulldown menu (ex: Cam 9) or you can enter the Input number manually in Input field if you like.

Let me know if you need additional help. Feel free to PM me if you like.

regards,
Richard

christianm  
#178 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:51:39 PM(UTC)
christianm

Thanks for that, when they said scripting I assumed they were referring to VB scripting not the web based API... Will have to take a look and see if its worth the additional cost.
stevespaw  
#179 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:43:23 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Hello Richard,
I love what you have built here, super easy to use.
I have a request. I am using this in a unique project. It would be awesome if I could make a button that runs a batch file. (powershell maybe in the future, if I get around to learning it) It would add some very nice abilities that I could make easier for the presenters. I have the .bat files now that they run, but it is ugly for me to have to explain them. I could give you more info if you would like.

Thanks for your work on this cool project.

Best,
Steve
stevespaw  
#180 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:49:19 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
One more thing, could you make an "Export Script" tool. It would be a cool tool for building scripts quickly to use native in vMix.

Best,
Steve