logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#141 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:18:39 PM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Hi Joeboe,

I'll look into adding faders but it will surely add additional CPU usage in order to get accurate readings. I'll try it and see what it does.. I don't want CPU usage to get too high especially if running on the same computer as vMix.

Currently, a "Play" or "PlayPause" button would be "Gray" or transparent (if the icon is a .png), when using an IconButton. It should change to the selected color when tallied... I'm not sure if you want the opposite ?

As far as the "Fullscreen" issues you are experiencing, I can't seem to duplicate it. It appears to work ok here on both Mac and PC. Both "Fullscreen" and FullscreenOn" commands tally correctly. If you are using an IconButton, don't forget to select a Tally color. The default when creating an IconButton is "Gray", so it would stay Gray if no color choice is made.. Just something to check. You can always PM or email me if it's still not right.

cheers,
Richard
raugert  
#142 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:29:37 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Update: 2.0.34

- added VU meters to Faders. They will behave like vMix VU's. You can turn them all On/Off or hide the "muted" Vu's if you wish. (settings in Preferences)

- added "Invert Tally" checkbox to Buttons (in Edit InfoBox). Each individual button can now have an inverted tally if desired. For example, this can be used to invert tallies on commands such as such as "Audio" to behave like a 'mute' button instead of 'channel On' button.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
BETech on 12/12/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#143 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:14:57 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Tested and working great....Keep the good work up .....This is the Only switcher I am using now....No unused buttons, Icons to match the type of inputs, colours to my taste....a Fantastic program....Only drawback is that I have to setup each input, as they do not automatically link, which can be understood, as it is a Third Party plugin....
raugert  
#144 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:47:48 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE:

- added keyboard "Hotkeys" to Buttons. Click in "Hotkey" field and enter the keyboard key you wish to assign to the Button
- smoothed out Fader response
- fixed a few bugs

New version 2.0.35
http://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-v35

Sample keyboard layouts:
http://cli.re/vmix-sample-templates
Joeboe  
#145 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:34:12 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

All is well....working great....but, yeh I always seem to find a but....is there a way to manipulate the 4 positions in a Virtual Set....this would be a great asset, as I have to return to the vMix UI to make any selection....I can easily make virtual inputs to simulate that, but if it is possible to do that from the Panel Builder, it would be great
Joeboe  
#146 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:58:24 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I just realised something that I forgot to mention in earlier posts....I find that the speeds of transitions do not change in the Panel Builder....I slowed down my 'Merge" transition in vMix, but when I use Panel Builder, the speed remain fast....is this a bug, or can this be fixed....as a mater of fact, none of the transitions react to the speed change....I have them set to a slow speed, but Panel Builder has not reflected this change...
raugert  
#147 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 8:44:44 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

Glad to hear that things are are well. As far as the 4 camera positions in the Virtual set goes, unfortunately there is no information available in the vMix API for that, so I cannot make it respond within Panel Builder. As you mentioned though, you can create a virtual input for now. As time goes on, there may be more information provided in the API for that and other functions, but for now I'm sure Martin has other priorities. Especially with the new vMix22 version...

As far as transition durations goes, when you change the speed in one of the 4 vMix preset transitions, the speed is saved within the selected vMix transition button, and not within the individual transition commands as such. Therefore, set the command in Panel Builder to (Transition - Transition1) or whichever one of the 4 presets you have your Merge function assigned to. That should do it.

I might add a 'Duration' field in the next version that would allow you to select a specified duration for individual transitions..

Have a great year in 2019,
Joeboe on 1/4/2019(UTC)
Joeboe  
#148 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 8:58:39 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I will try this method.....and I do hope that you can add duration to your effect buttons, as it will help not having to return to vMix every time I need to do something...

EDIT: Yes it works.... But still have an issue with Fullscreen....the Tally does not work...
raugert  
#149 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:24:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

The "Fullscreen" tally appears to work correctly here..

Are you perhaps using the 'FullscreenOn' rather than the "Fullscreen' command in the button ? Typically when programming Buttons, you should use the 'toggling' type of commands such as "Fullscreen' or "Audio" etc.. This way the tallies will reflect the actual status of the function when the button is clicked on and off. The "on/off" type of commands are mostly used for scripting and not so much for buttons.

ps: If you are actually using the "Fullscreen" command, then something else might be going on. Send me a PM and we'll try to sort it out.

thanks,
Richard
Joeboe  
#150 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 10:40:04 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I use the toggle.."Fullscreen"...all others work well, only issue is with Fullscreen
raugert  
#151 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 11:03:31 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Can you email me the template file. I'll have a look to see what's going on.

thanks
Joeboe  
#152 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:10:25 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I just tried using the Panel Builder on a laptop, and it would not register with vMix .....I typed in the 127.0.0.1, but it still would not communicate.....vMix 21.60.....I do not know why, as it is working great will other setups I tried it on....from vMix 19, all the way to the last ver, 21.60, and it is only this version that I am getting issues with, on a windows system....wanted to give it to a friend after he saw how I have it setup and working....
DWAM  
#153 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:01:53 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Is vMix installed on the same laptop as VPB?
If yes, might be a firewall issue or try to use real IP address.
If no, use the IP address of the vMix host.

Guillaume
badgerspit  
#154 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:07:07 AM(UTC)
badgerspit

I have been having problems loading saved panels. I create a new panel, save it as a filename, say testpanel.csv, and close the application. When I reopen the application, and load, I just get a blank panel screen as if I just started a new panel config?

I love the program and really want to use it, bu t i spent about an hour getting everything right, saved it, then when I reopened it, all my work was lost. The filesize is bigger than the original prefs.csv which is 1kb. The new save as file is around 7kb, so it's doing something.

Thanks!
raugert  
#155 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:41:36 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

If the filesize of your saved file (testpanel.csv) is around 7k it sounds like it is saving OK, so all may not be lost. The fact that it doesn't open though is odd. Just to clarify, the pref.csv is simply a preferences file where the "preferences" are saved and not a template file as your testpanel.csv would be.

Can you email or PM me your template (testpanel.csv) file. It will help me solve this for you and maybe save you some time rebuilding it. Also indicate what version of Panel Builder you are using and which platform (Mac / Win).

thanks,
Richard
HJM1  
#156 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:24:01 PM(UTC)
HJM1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is it also possible to have this wonderful application on a iPad pro? Because of the touchscreen!!!
Thanks
raugert  
#157 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:43:24 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The touchscreen ability is essentially the Windows version running on PC Laptops or All-In-One computers with touchscreen ability. It is not compatible with iPad. There is however an iPad app available specifically for vMix

https://forums.vmix.com/...-iPad-app--Now-Available

You could also look at the TouchOSC midi controller app for iPad on the AppStore.

regards,
Richard
MickeyMJJ  
#158 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:41:22 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is there a possibility to edit the titles texts with the application?

Michael.
raugert  
#159 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:35:41 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Yes, all the vMix shortcut commands are available with the buttons that you create.

To edit a title's text field :

1. From the from the command menu "?" button , select "Title" then "SetText"
2. Select the title from the dropdown menu in the Input field
3. Select the title's field you wish to change from the dropdown menu in the Selected Name field
4. Insert your text in the Value field. It there is more than 1 line in your title's field, you can use a semicolon as a delimiter

To select a title's preset:

1. From the from the command menu "?" button , select "Title" then "SelectTitlePreset"
2. Select the title from the dropdown menu in the Input field
3. Put the index # of the preset in the Value field

The app is quite flexible and the layout can be tailored to your needs. Feel free to experiment. Some commands have specific syntax. Check the vMix User Guide (shortcuts section)

hope this helps,
Richard
Joeboe on 4/16/2019(UTC)
GaetanDirven  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:16:04 AM(UTC)
GaetanDirven

Netherlands

Hello, VMIX Panel Builder is a fantastic idea. I use Vmix in a mini theater and I will definitely use your software. I made a panel layout as a test.
For the joke I also drew screws on both sides.
This layout is of course free to use. Good luck with the development of this program. Panel design ver1.jpg (240kb) downloaded 14 time(s).