logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Video Dave  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 3:29:07 AM(UTC)
Video Dave

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
raugert, great to hear.
I had rolled back to 1.01 for the last two weeks.
And it has been performing well in our live production.
Looking forward to seeing the upgrade, we will use it Wednesday night.

Thanks for the hard work you are doing.
Dave
User is suspended until 8/19/2025 12:45:46 AM(UTC) marcyaghi1  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:26:11 PM(UTC)
marcyaghi1

Afganistan

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
hello
Please why dont you use this UI provided to you in this link

https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=51517#post51517

it will be woooooooooooooooowwwww

thanks
Joeboe  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:51:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I do NOT think you understand this program...This is a program that you build as you need...I have a few layouts that I made and use ....The attached file is one I am using for a conference and it works great, and I can give colours to the keys as I prefer, and lay them out anyhow, by size, colour and placement...The yellow is for Preview, The Red is for Active....as is with professional hardware switchers.....I even have an Audio mixer included....should I have to add more inputs, I can adjust the size of the keys to make room...very easy to setup and use..... [img][/img]
raugert  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:46:11 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Update:

I made a new version that includes buttons that look more like Classic Switcher buttons. They remain clear until they are “Tallied”. It makes it easier to see which buttons are active ... You can choose the tally color when defining the button. You can now select "New Clear Button" from right-click menu. The "Colored" buttons still work as well, if you want to mix and match different types of buttons... or if someone just prefers that look.

other improvements:

- You can type multiple lines in "Text field" . You can easily make labels with vertical text now if you like if you put a letter on each line. (see the attached example). And you no longer use commas to separate the lines. Text editing in fields is improved.

- You can use the "Name" of an input instead of the input number in the "Input field" . This is useful so you don't have to re-program your template if you move inputs around in vMix. The position of the input in vMix doesn't matter that way.

- In edit mode, you can select multiple objects with the "shift" key. For example if you lasso a bunch of objects, you can use the "shift" key to remove one from the group. Or you can "shift" select multiple random objects in the canvas.

- The tallys now respond better to changes made by another device. (ie: vMix itself or another user using Panel Designer from a remote location)

- also fixed some bugs here and there...

**Download link in original post.
Joeboe  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:37:35 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Tested and works wonderful.....great app... here 2 layouts I have been using ...just updated to the latest version, so you can see what the new buttons look like [img][/img]
Ramón  
#66 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 4:32:35 AM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It would be good to be able to block the "EDIT" option to avoid accidents when the panel is finished and you are working with it.
Joeboe  
#67 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 5:54:13 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: Ramó Go to Quoted Post
It would be good to be able to block the "EDIT" option to avoid accidents when the panel is finished and you are working with it.

Check my 2 ideas, I placed my company name and logo just under the area where the EDIT button is,....plus, nearly all programs have similar menu bars, and I have not heard anyone complain about that....why should anyone click on EDIT during operation anyway.....The buttons can be made large enough and can be placed far enough from the menu bar
Ramón  
#68 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 5:00:02 PM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Many programs, including vMix have a padlock, on an editable board it could be good, once the panel is configured, to block the edition, it is just a suggestion.
raugert  
#69 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 6:57:53 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks for your suggestion Ramon. A lot of editable apps do have a lock feature to prevent critical functions like deleting something by mistake. In this case, pressing the 'Edit' button by mistake will not cause any serious damage. Although, it might be annoying to see the InfoBox popup :)

I think Joeboe is right, in that you normally wouldn't accidentally click the 'Edit' button. And if you did, you can just click it again to go back to Run mode.

It was interesting during a live show yesterday, we added another camera input and it was actually handy to click 'Edit' and quickly program an empty button (I left a couple empty buttons in my template for that reason). I was able to program them during a video playback without any panic or effect on the production.

Having said all that, I could add a padlock as an added security for those who prefer. It really wouldn't change anything for those who want to leave the Edit button active (they could just leave the padlock open..).

I'll consider your suggestion.

thanks,
Richard
raugert  
#70 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 3:12:11 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE v2.0.4:

- added "Open Last" in File Menu

- added new Preferences Menu (the canvas "Theme" is in there now)

- added "Always on Top" option

- added Panel window sizing if needed. It is really for temporary use. For example if you have designed a panel and it is too big but you want to fit it among other windows that are open during your session, you could size it to fit better. You should usually design your windows to the size you would normally use. This setting is not saved with the template.

- added "Open Last template on Startup" option

- added "Padlock". It will lock the Menu Bar so that you can't inadvertently change anything.

- the "Connect" window visibility is now saved in the template. If you hide the "Connect" window when you save a template, it will remember that.

- added the Filename in the window title bar

- improved network stability

- This new version will add a "vMix Panel Builder" folder in your Documents directory. It also creates a prefs.csv file. where the preferences are stored. I find that this is a good place to save your templates as well. This is the default folder when you "Save" or "Open" files but you can save them elsewhere if you prefer.

enjoy,
Richard
desmar  
#71 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 11:47:45 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Bug in Ver 2.0.4

- Unable to close Help window without going thru menu.

Feature Request.

1) Ability to change the theme to any picture in the background.
2) Ability to change Clear Button Initial (off) color (from Grey to any color).
3) Custom buttons other than square/rectangle (Circle, Oval, Arrows etc..).
4) Ability to change the opacity of buttons, labels, Volume Fader (0-100%).
5) Ability to go into fullscreen mode.
6) Hide menu when the lock is selected.
Joeboe  
#72 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 6:58:37 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I found a bug....I can not get my clear buttons fo change colours when I select Record it was working well before I updated to 2.04....
raugert  
#73 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2018 9:20:24 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Joeboe,

I posted a new update in original post for you to try:
https://www.dropbox.com/...Builder%202.0.5.zip?dl=0

The "Record" button would only light up if you chose the "StartStopRecord" command. I changed it so that it will tally on the "StartRecord" command as well.

other changes:

- I corrected the "Help" window so that it will close with button.

- The Preferences, Help, About windows can now close with "Esc" key as well.

- The lock will now hide the menu.

@desmar (thanks for the suggestions)

re: Fullscreen feature
The program is designed to make a panel to whatever size you choose, so going to full screen would depend on the aspect ratio of your design or it would distort the objects. For example, it would be like trying to make a letter size vertical image fit into a legal size horizontal image. It would look distorted unless you maintain the aspect ratio. I did however add "window sizing" in the preferences to compensate for different screen sizes if you use the app on different computer. For example, I designed a panel for a 1920x1200 screen on my Mac but when I use it on my PC that has a 1920x1080 screen, I can change the window size in the preferences to 90% so that it fits the vertical size. I'm not sure if thats the best approach, but I'm open to suggestions...

re: Clear Button color
The Clear Button was added for users who asked to see the tallies easier without so many colored buttons on the panel. However, the colored buttons are still available when adding an object if you select "New Colored Button". The only difference is that they are not the "traditional switcher looking buttons" but rather a flat colored square/rectangle with adjustable beveled edge for those who prefer that look.

re: Button opacity
Technically it's possible, but I'm not sure what the purpose of this would be. Perhaps you could elaborate.

re: Custom Background Theme
I will look into this.

re: Custom buttons
Circles and ovals could fairly easily be added. I'll see what this does to the response and reliability of the app. I didn't want to get it too complicated...especially when updating tallies..:)

re: Hide menu when locked
done..

cheers,
Richard

spencerm24  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:20:05 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Is there a trick to getting this to connect to vMix? I'm using it locally, on the same computer. Tried the local IP 192.168.x.x and localhost of 127.0.0.1 and none of them connected to vmix. I can use the web controller no problem.

raugert  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:22:58 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi BETech.

Thanks for your interest in the app. I do appreciate the feedback. I'll do my best to get it perfected.

re Transitions: When you choose a Transition command such as Fade or Cut, you must enter the Input # or the Input Name in the "Input" field. Note that if you want to transition from the Preview, you would enter 0 in the Input field. This is explained in the vMix documentation in the developer HTTP section. It isn't super evident. I had to read it a few times myself :)
Also the "Value" field should generally be empty when using transition commands. The Value field is applicable only in certain command as per the shortcuts in vMix.

As far as unloading the app, it doesn't seem to be an issue on Mac but apparently something I need to investigate this in Windows... :(

@ spencerm24

As far as connecting to vMix, there really is no trick. You should only have enter the IP address without the port number (ie: 192.168.100.100).

TuesdaysLive  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:47:16 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
raugert wrote:
Hi BETech.
As far as unloading the app, it doesn't seem to be an issue on Mac but apparently something I need to investigate this in Windows... :(

@ spencerm24
As far as connecting to vMix, there really is no trick. You should only have enter the IP address without the port number (ie: 192.168.100.100).

1. Applications on Mac aren't automatically closed by closing the active windows that appear on screen. Usually, one is required to actively select the 'quit' menu item to "End" and application on OSX.

2. One may need to press 'enter' after inputing the IP address.

At least, those have been my experiences.

-Rich
raugert  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:26:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Ross,

You should enter the IP address of the vMix computer (without any port number). In your case simply enter 192.168.217.1 into the IP field. The port number is added automatically by the Panel Builder app and should not be included in the IP field. I noticed that the port number in your vMix settings is 8080. It should be set to 8088 which is the default for the HTTP Web API. This is the port that the app uses..

It also looks like your local computer is not on the same network as your vMix computer ? The IP address of your local computer (10.1.1.17) is not in the same range ? They need to be on the same network.

Thanks for posting the images of your settings. It always helps when troubleshooting.. Let me know how you make out.

Richard
raugert  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:20:06 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Ross,

Indeed there was a little bug.. fixed now. The SelectedName and SelectedIndex should now correspond to the correct field in the XAML file. However there still is a small bug when 'incrementing' a counter, where it won't recognize the Value +=5. And yet, it works well with -=5 to decrement the counter. So the workaround for now is to use -=-5 to "increment". Hope this makes sense. :) I'll check with Martin about this...

I also improved the file unloading from memory when quitting the app. It should be fine now.

Updated file 2.0.5b is in original post

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:16:03 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Still a Bug...I can not get the score to advance...it stays at the score i set...I was hoping that every time I click on the Score Button, it would add , but it stays the same.....or, am I doing something wrong....When I use UTC, it works perfect....I just have to click on '+1', or the 'up/down' buttons, the counter changes by '1', then there is a reset button where I can can just click and return to '0'....maybe you should check how there done it, and develop this for Panel Builder...it is very simple in UTC....once it is setup
Another thing, when closing Panel Builder, it just closes...it would be nice to have the option to cancel, as in done in vMix, rather than just close, as it has happened to me, closed, by hitting the close by accident...
BETech  
#80 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 12:54:12 AM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
To increment math values in the vMix Web API, please refer the Martin’ post, 2nd November 2014:
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=2980

The value will need to be correctly URL encoded for some characters.

For example:
Value=%2B%3D1 for Value=+=1
Value=%2B%3D2 for Value=+=2
Value=%2B%3D3 for Value=+=3
Value=%2B%3D4 for Value=+=4

ASCII & URL Encode and Decode Tool
https://www.url-encode-decode.com/