logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#41 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 12:50:08 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Update: I did a few more tests,and find jus a few things broken....my Audio Sliders do not work anymore, and I can not edit them as the program disconnects from vMix when selecting EDIT.....the Record button is working correctly, did not try to stream, so I can not report as yet......and the new label that you placed on the vacant area, "vMix Control Builder" is preventing me from personalizing the GUI....I wanted to place my personal Information in that area...also, can you have the window that pops up when selecting EDIT, movable, so i can place it anywhere when I am editing buttons etc....it seems a convienient place as it is, but I want to place buttons in that area, and when I select edit, it covers them, and I can not see them to edit....[img][/img]
raugert  
#42 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:44:49 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Hi Joeboe,

(Audio fader issue)
I noticed that you are logging in to a local IP (127.0.0.1). I'm assuming that you are running the app on the same computer as vMix then ? This may be the reason the audio faders are not working. I've since discovered that they also don't work for some reason, if logged in to a DDNS server ?? I think this might be a bug or a feature to do with vMIx. I will discuss it with the vMix folks at NAB. For now, If you are connected to a network, try logging in using IP of the computer running vMix.

(Connection issue)
I had deliberately closed the connection when in Edit mode to ensure that the user didn't inadvertently trigger a command. But in hindsight, the command is not sent when in Edit mode anyway. I will just leave it connected to give the user peace of mind that the connection isn't lost. (fixed in next version)

(Title issue)
I will remove the Title and allow user to move InfoBox around. That will give you room to personalize your Title. (fixed in next version)

** Upated version posted in original post.
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/8/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#43 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:40:41 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Thank you ....But it worked very well in the earlier betas...but from 1.03 it stopped....I have a few saved setups from those earlier versions, and the audio faders work great....maybe it got broken somewhere .....will run a few more tests alter....this is a wonderful program.....Thanks again
TuesdaysLive  
#44 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 6:31:13 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Raugert- I don't believe I was as clear as I meant.
The version I was using, during my previous post, was 1.03.

I'll try to be more clear in future.
Joeboe  
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 7:00:49 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I also think it would be a good idea to put the Version.# on each release, so we can have a better reference when reporting bugs....
raugert  
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 7:02:13 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

In the earlier versions (non-Tally), I was using the Web HTTP protocol to issue commands, but in order to process all the Tally information, I've since changed to TCP. It's better to use TCP method for this in order to simplify XML parsing and better manage the overhead. This does work OK on a 'local network' and yet it only seems to affect the Audio command on DDNS or in your case a local IP... This is strange, I'm not sure why this is happening ?? but I hope to get some answers this week. Thanks for your patience..

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe on 4/8/2018(UTC)
raugert  
#47 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 7:02:53 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

In the earlier versions (non-Tally), I was using the Web HTTP protocol to issue commands, but in order to process all the Tally information, I've since changed to TCP. It's better to use TCP method for this in order to simplify XML parsing and better manage the overhead. This does work OK on a 'local network' and yet it only seems to affect the SetVolume command on DDNS or in your case a local IP... This is strange, I'm not sure why this is happening ?? but I hope to get some answers this week. Thanks for your patience..

cheers,
Richard
Joeboe on 4/8/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#48 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 7:18:30 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I also just realized that the Tally is working in reverse when I use a Stinger...its working ok with other transitions, but not correct when I use my Stingers.The inputs are correct, its seems that it only the tally that are not working correct....and all my tests were done on the same PC as vMix, but I tried a network setup, with the same results.....and yes, put the Version number on each release...This will help when making bug reports.....This is ver 1.03c[img][/img]
Joeboe  
#49 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 9:03:31 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Just to let you see a sample of how I set up a simple GUI[img][/img]
raugert  
#50 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:20:51 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE:
-fixed the SetVolume in faders to work in DDNS and local IP
- still need to fix stingers Tallies

new version 1.0.3d posted on original post.
Joeboe  
#51 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:49:32 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Will keep testing and reporting any bugs I find....I am your unofficial Beta tester....hahahaha... I just found another annoying bug....when I go to select anything in the edit window, it locks to the curser, and wherever the curser goes, it goes as well, and then it locks up the program, so I can not select any functions .....
Joeboe  
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:19:06 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I want to throw a challenge at you.....I know some things will be difficult, but here is this one....Can you give a read out of the audio meters on the sliders complete with peak levels?
Another thing, can you unlock the buttons after editing so that they can be moved around and not have to go to edit to move them around....just a small lock that will just have to click to lock, and click to unlock
raugert  
#53 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:04:14 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

I fixed the drag issue on Edit window. It worked fine on Mac but apparently not on Windows. Should work now. I'll look into audio meters in the future once we get the bugs ironed out of the basic version.

Thanks Joeboe for your unofficial testing :) Much appreciated. I might PM you to test some things instead of always posting small updates...

cheers,
Joeboe on 4/9/2018(UTC)
Joeboe  
#54 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:29:12 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

will be looking for the update......am here working on a setup for a function where I want to put it to the test...not a big setup, but I like to try new things....
TuesdaysLive  
#55 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 10:15:02 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Hello.
I've taken the opportunity to create a short video, which shows the problem of the 'Save As' functionality I've been experiencing. It should be noted that this problem has been experienced on both the Mac and Windows platform with version 1.03d of the application. The video is posted to YouTube.

Panel Builder Save As Example
raugert  
#56 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 10:51:46 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks for the video. That was perfect ! When I saw the fader button separate from the background, that was my clue. That shouldn't normally happen and would affect the saving of the file.

I think I got it fixed now. Try the new version 1.0.3e in first post.

TuesdaysLive  
#57 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:24:34 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

raugert wrote:
Thanks for the video. That was perfect ! When I saw the fader button separate from the background, that was my clue. That shouldn't normally happen and would affect the saving of the file.

I think I got it fixed now. Try the new version 1.0.3e in first post.

Will do.
I'll do some testing and if any issues are found I will compile a list and email them to you.

Joeboe  
#58 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 7:04:20 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I am still getting the issue when adding an input to any button...when I click on the button, and then click on the (?) to add an effect, transition, input.etc., the whole panel locks on to the curser and causes the program to stop working, and I can not find a way to get it to release the edit window.....
raugert  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:11:43 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Sorry about that Joeboe, I'll be back home on Thursday and get back at it. It seems the Windows version reacts differently than Mac in some cases. I'll have to be more vigilent in testing both Mac and Windows... Thanks for your patience.
raugert  
#60 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 8:03:36 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Improved tally response. Will now respond to vMIx status if switched by multiple controllers (eg: directly from vMix or remotely through DDNS server or x-keys etc.). Can now move the "Infobox" to add objects at the top of the canvas. Several little bug fixes.

Download v2.0.2 from original post.
Video Dave on 4/24/2018(UTC)