logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:29:10 PM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
You can overlay labels on top of each other to give your desired effect. In your example, remove the text from the label you created then add a new label (with Text) and place it on top of your first label. Set your new label border to 0, uncheck opaque to make it transparent, and add the appropriate text and size and color. This was done by design to give the user more flexibility.

Note: You can also change the label's layer by right-clicking on it. This can be handy if you want to create custom backgrounds using multiple labels..

A far as button "tallies" or activators, I'm trying to avoid using midi commands so that you don't have to program all the midi shortcuts in vMIx. That's the advantage of using the TCP API but now I have to parse the XML correctly and that's a little trickier. Working on it....:)

cheers,
Richard

UserPostedImage
raugert  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:19:30 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE:
- Added DDNS support for those who wish to control from an outside network.
- Fixed PTZ bug (now stops when button released)
- Added (SelectedName and SelectedIndex) fields for Title and VideoList commands

* Download new version from original post *
Joeboe  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:13:12 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I like your improvements...keep on with your development....
TuesdaysLive  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:53:20 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
raugert wrote:
You can overlay labels on top of each other to give your desired effect. In your example, remove the text from the label you created then add a new label (with Text) and place it on top of your first label. Set your new label border to 0, uncheck opaque to make it transparent, and add the appropriate text and size and color. This was done by design to give the user more flexibility.

I, honestly, hadn't thought about doing it that way. Kindly disregard my previous.

Thanks
Video Dave  
#25 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 3:03:17 AM(UTC)
Video Dave

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Used this tonight in a live stream for our church.
My volunteers were very happy with it, as it was easy to use.
A few times the audio faders didn't respond, but it may have been the wifi connection.
I do wish that the buttons, when selected, would change colors.
That is a feature I like in my midi controller.
But still, I was very pleased with it.
We will use it again this coming Sunday and see how well it does.
I attached my layout as an example

Dave
Video Dave attached the following image(s):
pb04042018.PNG (542kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Joeboe  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 4:08:03 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Yeh, that is one of the few things I see needs fixing.....if only we can get the buttons to change colour when active...that would be a great asset....In that way, the operator can have a smoother workflow.
Video Dave  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 1:03:34 PM(UTC)
Video Dave

Man

Yep, as an example, it would be great to know if a mute is on or off by the color of the button.
We are using some Window tablets and the wifi card isn't the best, but otherwise I'm pretty hopeful this will be a great help.
raugert  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 5:11:05 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks-you all for the suggestions and bug reports. Keep them coming, I really appreciate it. I'm actually working on those features, especially the "Tallies" for (Program, Preview and Audio mute). The new version will have dimmer 'pastel' coloured buttons, that will light up when they are active. So far I have a working Beta version, but I would like to test it a bit more before releasing it.
Thanks for your patience and support. I'll keep plugging away at it..

cheers,
Richard

thanks 2 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/6/2018(UTC), Video Dave on 4/7/2018(UTC)
TuesdaysLive  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 10:36:57 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

I've experienced a number of instances where the application will not allow the 'Save' and 'Save As' menu selection to work. There has also been one instance where I've not been able to enter an IP, or DDNS, address into the application.

These instances have occurred after creating a fairly large number of buttons (about 24) and 4 faders, with, or without, any functionality associated with for them.
This has been happening in a repeatable way with the Mac version, which is what I use most.

Joeboe  
#30 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 1:28:34 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi, was just playing around with the program, and I like the improvements, but, now that you give the ability to write directly onto the buttons, there is no ability to place the titles where I want....I wanted to put the label to the top of the button, but I do not see a way to do it...it stays centered.....can you make it possible to place the text anywhere on the button..also, can you add the feature where you can have it in front at all times....every time I go to vMix, I lose the controller, so is there a way to keep it on top...
TuesdaysLive  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:18:06 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Joeboe wrote:
Hi, was just playing around with the program, and I like the improvements, but, now that you give the ability to write directly onto the buttons, there is no ability to place the titles where I want....I wanted to put the label to the top of the button, but I do not see a way to do it...it stays centered.....can you make it possible to place the text anywhere on the button

raugert mentioned previously,
Quote:

Joeboe  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 4:32:11 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

I understand all that...what I am saying, is there a way to be able to position the type where you want rather than having to make labels...at lease 3 or 4 lines of type rather than just one line.....
also, is there a way to keep it on top , rather than having it go behind every time I go to vMix....have a choice of being always on top.
raugert  
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 7:15:43 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

I will upload a new version tonite that has many improvements, but I need to document it a bit and recompile it first. I still need to address some small issues, but I’ll post it anyway for you folks to play with it. I appreciate your contributions.
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
TuesdaysLive on 4/7/2018(UTC)
Video Dave  
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:03:29 PM(UTC)
Video Dave

Man

I have run into the same trouble as Tuesdaylive, but more so oin the previous version.
So I am seeing improvements in every aspect. I am looking forward to the next update.
Thanks for the hard work you are doing, raugert!
raugert  
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 1:26:58 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATE: Version 1.0.3 is available but still Beta (download from original post)

- added Tallies to buttons containing the following commands (CutDirect, PreviewInput, Audio, StartStopRecording, StartStopStreaming, StartStopExternal). They will become hilited when active.
- fixed some bugs related to file Save and Save as
- fixed focus in text fields (still needs a bit of work ..)

I will continue to work on some known bugs, but I will be at NAB next week, so won't be doing much programming for a few days. Thanks for playing with the app in the meantime....

@Joeboe (re: text in buttons)

You can add multiple lines directly into a button by using a comma as a line separator in the text field. This would allow you to position the text as such. eg: (Line1,Line2,Line3) would give you 3 lines of text, or you can omit the text and use the comma as a return. eg: (Line1,,Line2). This would then put Line1 at the top of the label and Line2 at the bottom. The TextSize should be adjusted accordingly. You can experiment with that.
You can also still place a transparent label over a button if you need more accurate positioning.

Richard

Video Dave  
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:04:02 AM(UTC)
Video Dave

Man

Trying the latest and greatest out.
Seem to have some bugs:
1. Border choice for buttons and labels only allows for size 2.
2. Choosing opaque still leaves the border on.
3. After choosing opaque, could not go back to previous color scheme.
4. Selecting a button (mute) did change color, but only momentarily. Should stay on until deselected.
5. Pushing the up arrow counts down on the y axis, and the down arrow counts up. (not a new bug)

Would it be possible to add full screen to your list of tallies?

I do like the new colors and appreciate all the work that has gone into this.
We will be running this on Sunday for two of our services.

Have a great time at NAB.

Dave
Joeboe  
#37 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi, I was also trying to read your instructions on my windows PC, but can not open the file....it is not opening in notepad, or any of my readers.....maybe it is done for Mac?

I just did a test, and not quite happy.....you broke a few things....when I go to edit, I lose connection with vMix....it goes RED....next, I can not set anything once I am off line with vMix....I like the colour change in the input buttons, but not all are working...Only the inputs....when I go to stream, the button does not change colour, neither transitions, or any other button, only the inputs....is there a way to get all function buttons to change colours when active....and to keep on line when editing....another thing...the writing that is now placed can you remove that, as it interferes with personalizing the surface...[img][/img][img][/img]
TuesdaysLive  
#38 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:11:28 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Testing the latest version and looking for someone to confirm -

After deleting an item, I am unable to 'Save As' on either the Windows or Mac version. This has happened when after deleting either a button, or fader.

Will continue doing some testing, trying to avoid removing items.

Thanks
raugert  
#39 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:24:20 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@Video Dave

1. Sorry about the Border size issue. I fixed that and uploaded a revision.
2. I left the border active even in opaque in case the user would like to make a simple box with a colored border but no background. Not sure if it's useful ?
3. As far as "opaque" color scheme changing, I could not duplicate that error. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are experiencing...
4. For the "mute" tally, I'm assuming you are using "Audio" command in the button. Is this intermittent or does it ever respond correctly and stay "On" ? I'll look into this. It could be the way I'm reading the info from vMIx.
5. The "y" number is related to the number of pixels from the Top of the screen, therefore as you approach the top, the numbers naturally decrease. The up/down arrows correspond to the movement of the object. Pushing up will move closer to the top of the screen thus making the reading lower. I think this is typical of most object oriented programs.
6. I added "fullscreen" to tallies

@Joeboe
The file is a word doc but I included a .txt file in the .zip for you to try. Once you download the .zip file make sure you unzip it. You might not be able to read the contents of the .zip if not unzipped...

@Tuesdaylive

I think I fixed that it that in new revision v1.0.3b. Just uploaded it..
Joeboe  
#40 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 10:43:40 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

[img][/img]I just did a test, and not quite happy.....you broke a few things....when I go to edit, I lose connection with vMix....it goes RED....next, I can not set anything once I am off line with vMix....I like the colour change in the input buttons, but not all are working...Only the inputs....when I go to stream, the button does not change colour, neither transitions, or any other button, only the inputs....is there a way to get all function buttons to change colours when active....and to keep on line when editing....another thing...the writing that is now placed can you remove that, as it interferes with personalizing the surface..[img][/img][img][/img]