logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raugert  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2018 3:01:30 PM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Use the Desktop app to design your own Custom Control Panels.
It is fully customizable and works on PC, MAC,
Android Tablets and Phones (New) as well as iPads and iPhones
..... and it's FREE !!

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.44.24 PM.png (345kb) downloaded 134 time(s).

Features:

- Window can be sized to whatever you like. Make large panels for multiple functions or small panels for simple functions.
- Create Android and iPad panels using the Desktop app and sync to your tablet.
- The background "theme" is selectable
- Buttons can have the "Classic Switcher" Clear button look or Coloured buttons with adjustable border size or Icon Buttons with customizable icons.
- Resizable Buttons, Labels and Faders can be added to canvas. Clone single or multiple objects.
- vMix Commands can be placed directly in Buttons and Faders
- "Hotkeys" - Keyboard keys can be assigned to Buttons
- Timer feature to send Button commands at a specified time (one time trigger)
- Objects can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas by drop and drag. Button/Label colours and border sizes can be adjusted to suit users.
- Labels can be placed on top or behind objects and made opaque or transparent. Border size, Text size and Colour is adjustable.
- Faders can be be sized and placed wherever you like on the canvas. VU's can be hidden in Preferences if desired.
- Buttons and Faders can be assigned to any vMix commands (All the vMix shortcut commands are available on dropdown menus)
- Run vMix scripts directly within app using the "Script Builder". No need to know programming
- No need to program the midi shortcuts in vMIx.
- Can be used on local network (LAN) or DDNS if you wish to control from outside your network (requires DDNS server)

——————————————————————

Download Links:

https://cli.re/PB-4.0.59

ChangeLog
https://cli.re/vMix-ChangeLog

User Guide
http://cli.re/vmix-panel-builder-user-guide

Sample Templates:
http://cli.re/vmix-sample-templates

*** Check out the DEMOS/TUTORIALS on Youtube ***

https://www.youtube.com/...UCdVwwdup4A9NMH--dYJN1ew

Sample Video- Introduction to vMix Panel Builder: Updated 9 Apr 20

Get the Free "vMix Panel" app on the Apple App store and the Google Play Store.

Here's how it works:

1. Design your custom control panel using the latest vMix Panel Builder Desktop software

** Make sure to create your templates as "Tablet Templates". Choose "New Tablet" from the file menu. You should also set "Tablet Template" as default in the preferences. This will save the template in the proper format for iPad and Android Tablets. Unlike desktop templates, these are not resizable. The files will be saved with .vmpbx extension, which will be used when syncing to tablets. Templates created for desktop will not sync to tablets.

2. When you are ready to sync your templates, simply launch the vMix Panel Builder Desktop application. You don't need to load any templates.
3. Select "Sync to Tablet" in the file menu (it will display the IP to enter in the Host IP field in the vMix Panel application on your tablet)
4. Set your Tablet's Wifi setting to the same network as your Host computer
5. Launch the "vMix Panel" application on your tablet
6. Enter the Host IP (IP from the above Host computer) in the preferences (cog icon)
7. Enter the vMix IP in the preferences.
8. Use the "sync icon" to Sync and transfer your Templates and your UserIcons from your computer to your Tablet via Wifi Network.
9. Select the "folder icon" and choose the Template file you wish to load .
10. Start controlling vMix with your Tablet.

Demo video:

** Panel Builder users need your support for future improvements **

The Panel Builder app uses the information in the vMix API XML to 'tally' the buttons. Unfortunately, some information is not yet available in the API, therefore some commands cannot change the state or "tally" the buttons.

Quite often, feature requests for improvements to the vMix API are unsupported by users at large. These request are important to 3rd party app developpers that are working for you (Most of the time for Free). Typically, the vMix admins look at the number of +1 replies supporting the request before considering action.. If you don't support it, it may not be considered.

If you are a Panel Builder user and want to support some new features requested by other users, please add your (+1) to the following active threads.

https://forums.vmix.com/...ctivator-for-SOLO-of-BUS
https://forums.vmix.com/...5288-AudioAuto-activator
https://forums.vmix.com/...e-API-XML-and-Activators
thanks 27 users thanked raugert for this useful post.
vijay6672 on 3/27/2018(UTC), avsoundguy on 3/29/2018(UTC), TuesdaysLive on 4/3/2018(UTC), BETech on 5/31/2018(UTC), QuiapoChurch on 8/17/2018(UTC), rowby on 12/1/2018(UTC), smithwill on 12/8/2018(UTC), elvis55 on 5/15/2019(UTC), Roberfab on 7/19/2019(UTC), JW on 10/27/2019(UTC), stigaard on 2/13/2020(UTC), DWAM on 5/25/2020(UTC), Cupofjoe959 on 6/5/2020(UTC), stergi on 6/27/2020(UTC), edhorn on 8/19/2020(UTC), topherharris on 9/10/2020(UTC), GilliW on 10/11/2020(UTC), claudeir on 4/3/2021(UTC), DStokes on 4/18/2021(UTC), AUSVIDE on 7/23/2021(UTC), dungthantai on 8/16/2021(UTC), Utpc on 9/30/2021(UTC), ginesromero on 12/14/2021(UTC), mohmmd on 12/29/2021(UTC), shcho on 3/4/2022(UTC), Andreas O on 6/14/2022(UTC), samirbridi on 7/6/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:50:23 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I like this, but I can not get it to work....I can not get it to connect to vMix, even though I input the correct IP address, and then it does not take any commands...Is there a correct way to install, or set it up
raugert  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:16:42 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

If you are on a PC, try running the app by right click and select 'Run as administrator'. I found this to happen in some PC. I'm not sure why. Let me know if this works for you.
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:41:25 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I get the same result each time....that was the first thing I did.....where does the .dll file goes....does it stay in the same folder as the .exe, or do I have to install it in a program folder?
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:44:12 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I got it to work....I hit the ENTER Button after entering the IP address, just out of frustration, and it connected.......will run some tests, see what it is capable of, and report back.....I just like playing with new software...keeps my brain active....I hope....
raugert  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:04:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Normally you just have to copy the 'Windows' folder to your PC. The .dll is in the externals folder and shouldn't be moved. Try copying the Windows folder to your desktop as is, and launch the app from that folder. I'll try it on another computer as well top see if I can duplicate the issue..
TuesdaysLive  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:10:42 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
The concept seems like a good idea, however the installation and execution may need some work.
In attempts to operate on MacOSX (Sierra 10.12.6), the application does not run.

More explicit installation instructions are required.

During installation/operation attempts, after downloading the initially opened 'folder' containing both the MacOS and Windows, along with the csv and png files, versions, attempting to open the .app file, within the macosx folder fails. The operating system replies with 'The application 'vmix panel builder.app' can't be opened.'

The same error occurs after moving the macosx folder from within the vMix Panel Builder folder, and even after moving the app into the applications folder.
thanks 1 user thanked TuesdaysLive for this useful post.
Utpc on 7/30/2022(UTC)
Joeboe  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:31:49 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

A lot of functions not working as I thought, such as "overlay Zoom"....nothing happens....sometimes it will not let me edit, and I have to delete that button and create a new one.....can only undo once.....can not get it to select an input directly to output with transitions, only a direct cut I finally got to work.... sometimes the preview does not not work immediately, and I am running some more tests while you work on these few issues...

Marvin  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:01:32 PM(UTC)
Marvin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I make it connect but how you make the buttons control source in vmix?
raugert  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:49:59 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@TuesdaysLive

There appears to be something going on with Dropbox and OSX files. I can duplicate this problem as well. Something to do with the Zip/Unzip I believe. If I run the app directly on any other one of my computer, without downloading it from Dropbox, it runs fine... I'll have to investigate this further.

@ Marvin
Click on the EDIT Button to allow editing (next to the vMix logo). This will popup a window at the top of the screen with the parameters settings. Then Click on the (?) icon to add vMix commands to the button. They should appear on the pulldown menu. Once you have added the objects that you want, click on the Edit button again to put it in "Run" mode.

I will make a more comprehensive Readme file soon. Thanks for you patience folks. Like I said, it's still Beta, but I really appreciate your help.
TuesdaysLive  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:03:13 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

raugert wrote:
@TuesdaysLive

There appears to be something going on with Dropbox and OSX files. I can duplicate this problem as well. Something to do with the Zip/Unzip I believe. If I run the app directly on any other one of my computer, without downloading it from Dropbox, it runs fine... I'll have to investigate this further.

Recommend that you zip it prior to uploading to Dropbox. The only issue might be any external dependency files that are required.

Good luck.
Joeboe  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:26:59 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

UPDATE
...I have a suggestion: For labeling of buttons, can it be done directly onto the button, rather than having to make a label and then drag it on to the button....as I found it a little troublesome as it is a seperate layer, and can create problems when having to move around, since it will mean having to move two items rather than one...I like the ability to resize the buttons, that is great, also the ability to select your own colour schemes......but I am having great problems to get the audio faders to work ....they have no effect at all....The program is a great effort to give vMix users another control surface....and I will keep testing and reporting issues and making any suggestions, as I have been using live video switching equipment for many years....and I find this application another tool in the live streaming and video production industry...keep the good work up
raugert  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:41:01 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Thanks for the feedback Joeboe. I actually had done the labelling in the buttons at first, but I figured if someone wanted to have 2 labels with different sizes and colours on the same button (as in the Sample file), it was easier to make them as separate labels. As far as moving them around, you can actually lasso the button and labels to move them together. That also works with multiple buttons and labels as well (but not faders). If you lasso a group of them, you can also align them by right clicking. I'll see if I could also add the option of inserting a label directly on the button as well without complicating things too much.

As far as the faders, you should be able to select "audio- SetVolume" in the command dropdown menu (?) icon, and type the desired input number in the "Input" field. Try configuring a fader to set the Master volume to see if that works. (audio- SetMasterVolume), no need to type anything in the Input field..

Your patience and suggestions are much appreciated..
Joeboe  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:46:36 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Something I wish you could fix...remember the IP address that was set...and have the window movable so that when I make the GUI small, the window for the IP address would still be visible...I have to expand the window each time I load the app in order to input the IP address.....even though I save it as a preset layout
raugert  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:56:28 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

UPDATED: to include feature requests and User Guide. Download from link on original post. Both Mac and Windows versions included.
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Joeboe on 4/1/2018(UTC)
TuesdaysLive  
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:35:57 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

The new file format, in addition to the documentation, is a good step in the right direction. The app is working on the Mac now. There is still much to figure out, as some of the operational aspects are still not explained adequately in the documentation. I'm sure that will improve with time.

One question, which would help in regards to the workflow of my broadcast. Is it possible that instead of an IP address one might enter a URL to connect to vMix? For example - 'http://dynamicIP.com'.

I'm guessing that there is likely a port number that either this is not possible, or that a port number would need to be used in addition to the URL.

I'd like to my co-host to be able to use something like this to control shots from his remote location.

Well done and looking for your future direction on this.
raugert  
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:36:49 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@TuesdaysLive

It sounds like you want to control vMix from outside your network. I think that's what you mean by remote location ? Both the vMIx Web Http API and TCP are meant to run from the same network as your client computer or device (iphone,ipad etc). It's not really a port number issue as such. To control vMIx from outside the network I believe it would require something like a DDNS server. That starts to complicate things. Maybe someone can chime in here and suggest a way to do this if it's even possible...:)

Just out of curiousity, if your co-host is in a remote off-site location, how would he monitor the feed without delay in order to control shots ?

Thanks for your interest. I'll do my best to improve the app as we go..

Richard
TuesdaysLive  
#18 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 1:05:05 PM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

We already use the standard vMix Shortcuts from outside the local network, using DDNS, which is why I asked.

The co-host is, indeed, off-site and connect to the broadcast via vMix Call. Using the return video feed, the lag is relatively low and hasn't impacted our broadcast workflow when using the standard vMix Shortcuts (connecting via DDNS URL).

Keep up the good work on the app.
raugert  
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:32:15 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Nice ! Good to hear that it works with DDNS. So technically I should be able to include that option in the app. If you don't mind, I'll PM you to get some more details (that way I don't spam the thread).
TuesdaysLive  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9:44:23 AM(UTC)
TuesdaysLive

United States

Have been playing around with this app, while waiting for my co-host to help with testing some aspects of it, and I have a couple of suggestions.

It would be helpful if one could aligh the text of a 'label' to either the top or bottom, in addition to leaving it centered (see picture).
UserPostedImage

It would, also, be helpful if some buttons could be set at a different color to show that they are 'active' and 'inactive'. This would be useful when using buttons to switch between multiple camera shots, indicating which shot is the currently active shot, much like the activators are used for lighting LEDs on MIDI controllers.

BTW, I love the way the Overlay functions work within the app.