logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IceStream  
#41 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 10:26:29 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ macjaeger:
V3.01 loads the schedule and stops working as it is about to load the first input.
There are 2 messages generated sequentially.

[OK this is weird, I can't seem to post images]

The first message says:
vMixControler has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

About 5 seconds later it changes to:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

No other instances of the controller are running.
Not sure about the .net version (where do I find that?)

There is definitely something interfering with my system being able to run your program the way it was designed, or at least behave the same way it does for you. For that matter, I'm now concerned that I am unable to even post images on this forum...
Any help is appreciated as I am not sure how to get to the root of these issues.
macjaeger  
#42 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 10:36:37 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
To find out .net version, follow the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

vMix needs at least ".net 3.5", while vMixControler needs at least ".net 4.0". Maybe that's the culprit. The only difference between v0.3.0.0 and v0.3.0.1 is one additional dependency, that's a system library called "System.Web.dll" which should be part of your .net installation (usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.Web.dll".

Normally an installer would check all dependencies and fix them if some are missing, but i've been to lazy to create an installer package for the alpha releases, so you'll have to check the dependencies yourself... sorry.

The programs are compiled for 32 bit, but i've tested them on win7 64 bit, so this shouldn't make any difference. Still: what windows are you running on?
IceStream  
#43 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 11:14:19 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

My system has .net 3.5
will look into updating and test later...
Also running w7 64 bit, but I tested with 32 bit as well and had the same crash with v3.01.

p.s. how to post images on this forum???
macjaeger  
#44 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 11:34:30 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Ok, that might explain the problems. vMixScheduler needs .net 4.0, even if it starts on .net 3.5 there will be some functions that don't work, or not the way you'd expect. I hope updating to .net 4.0 will solve the problems!
IceStream  
#45 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 7:02:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

.net 4.0 solves the crash with v3.01 but the issues with not loading into preview and "Operator"/"Blackness" closing the first ranked input in vMix seems to still be there.
macjaeger  
#46 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 7:05:29 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Glad to hear at least some of the issues are resolved.

Now can you please explain those other problems a little further? What do i have to do to reproduce the situation? What happens, and what do you expect that should happen?
Damn2Good4U  
#47 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 9:07:03 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
When I tested the newer version, it kept on crashing with windows error message:

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

So, I had to revert back to the previous version

Regards,
Rottimmy
IceStream  
#48 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 11:04:02 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Damn2Good4U:
See posts 41 & 42 above, you likely have to update to Framework .net 4.0 (worked for me after that)

@ macjaeger:
Issue 1 - Scheduled events are input OK (as per settings 5 sec. default) but are only loaded into preview window just milliseconds before scheduled time (flash and straight to Program) This is not a functional problem as everything plays on time, just different from the behavior demonstrated in your video.
Issue 2 - Any schedules that have either an "Operator" or "Blackness" event somewhere in the list, once loaded into the controller will immediately close out the frontmost input (input 1) of a vMix set-up.
Issue 3 - "Blackness" event inputs do not close out after expired time but rather close out the frontmost input (input 1) of a vMix set-up.
In other words, if I had a vMix preset set-up with 3 Camera inputs and loaded a schedule that had several videoclip events separated by 2 "Blackness" events and ending with an "Operator" event so that I could go straight to a live camera at desired time, I would be SOL. All three camera inputs would have closed out, camera 1 upon loading the schedule to the controller, camera 2 after the first "Blackness" event, and camera 3 after the second "Blackness" event. (Obviously, inputs can be re-added, so it's not the end of the world but a more complex profile preset could be severely compromised after a lengthy schedule with multiple "Blackness" events)
I hope this better explains the behavior I am seeing, I'm not sure if it can be reproduced on another system as it may be something on my end that causes this behavior... but what?
Damn2Good4U  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:58:03 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@ ice stream

I saw the post and I have .net 4.0 ......

Regards,
Rottimmy
macjaeger  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:09:31 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

IceStream wrote:
Issue 1 - Scheduled events are input OK (as per settings 5 sec. default) but are only loaded into preview window just milliseconds before scheduled time (flash and straight to Program) This is not a functional problem as everything plays on time, just different from the behavior demonstrated in your video.

Maybe that's a vMix setting - i'm at work and can't check right now, but maybe you can change that behavior somewhere... vMixControler doesn't actively load the settings to preview, so it's vMix' own doing.

Quote:
Issue 2 - Any schedules that have either an "Operator" or "Blackness" event somewhere in the list, once loaded into the controller will immediately close out the frontmost input (input 1) of a vMix set-up.
Issue 3 - "Blackness" event inputs do not close out after expired time but rather close out the frontmost input (input 1) of a vMix set-up.
In other words, if I had a vMix preset set-up with 3 Camera inputs and loaded a schedule that had several videoclip events separated by 2 "Blackness" events and ending with an "Operator" event so that I could go straight to a live camera at desired time, I would be SOL. All three camera inputs would have closed out, camera 1 upon loading the schedule to the controller, camera 2 after the first "Blackness" event, and camera 3 after the second "Blackness" event. (Obviously, inputs can be re-added, so it's not the end of the world but a more complex profile preset could be severely compromised after a lengthy schedule with multiple "Blackness" events)
I hope this better explains the behavior I am seeing, I'm not sure if it can be reproduced on another system as it may be something on my end that causes this behavior... but what?

Thank you for your thourough (misspelled, i'm sure...) explanation, now i can go hunting for the bugs! Of course "operator mode" shouldn't close any inputs, and blackness only closes "blackness.jpg" (workaround until v10, then we'll have a new api-function to add solid colors). I'll try to reproduce and trace the problem! A camera (or other user-defined input) should never be closed by vMixControl!

For the record: which version of vMix are you running?
macjaeger  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:10:59 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

@rotimi:

I'll create an installer for vMixScheduler that will check the presence of all necessary system files. Until then: do you have .net 4.0 full or "client profile" only?
IceStream  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:38:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Running latest version of vMix 9.1.0.31
Also my update to .net 4.0 seems to have cured the disruption of program out when adding or removing events to the up-coming schedule and reloading (major bonus in my eyes, as theoretically you could now edit the playlist while running the scheduler perpetually uninterrupted).

Ice
Damn2Good4U  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:13:26 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@mac

I am running .Net Client Profile only...

here is the screenshots:

UserPostedImage

I have been thinking of the best possible way to making scheduling so easy... i still haven't got to term with my brain yet if it can be considered, as soon as i am with tune, i shall drop it here...

Regards,
Rottimmy
macjaeger  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:42:19 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

So it seems that client profile isn't enough, maybe because the "UrlEncode"-Function is only available in full profile... if it's the same to you, could you please update to full profile and try if that removes the problem?

Quote:
I have been thinking of the best possible way to making scheduling so easy... i still haven't got to term with my brain yet if it can be considered, as soon as i am with tune, i shall drop it here...

I'm curious what you might come up with!
Damn2Good4U  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 1:32:59 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

.Net was upgraded to Full profile and all is working fine... the only issue is when another day schedule is added, it stops the current playing video...

I am not sure if you are online, and if you are please take a look at http://www.fusionplustv.com/live and if you are i can try load Tuesday schedule for you to see what I am talking about.

regards,
Rottimmy
Damn2Good4U  
#56 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2013 5:07:04 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@Mac

How r u? Hope u r doing well, quite a long time.

I am having issues at the moment trying to schedule 2days at a time talk less of a whole week, adding one day is no problem, it works like charm, but the moment u add another day, it stops working. I do understand we r still in alpha version. I am only updating you on the current situation.

Regards,
Rottimmy
macjaeger  
#57 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2013 10:28:42 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Well, i'm well, but i'm buried in a deep well of work - running final exams till next weekend. I'm going to testdrive the last changes at the weekend, and i'm sure it's an easy fix - yet i need a clear head to do it. I'm not content with the way scheduling works anyway - if you've a better idea, pass it on, my brain's stuck in exam results and won't come free...

cheers,
MaC
Damn2Good4U  
#58 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2013 9:25:40 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Well, i'm well, but i'm buried in a deep well of work - running final exams till next weekend. I'm going to testdrive the last changes at the weekend, and i'm sure it's an easy fix - yet i need a clear head to do it. I'm not content with the way scheduling works anyway - if you've a better idea, pass it on, my brain's stuck in exam results and won't come free...

cheers,
MaC

I wish you all the best in your exams...

Lets talk then from next week

Regards,
Rottimmy
Damn2Good4U  
#59 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:16:05 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Now that vMix v10 Beta is out, i guess we should roll out the drums on how to make this a better plugin...

My immediate suggestion now will be how we can merger the vMix Controller and vMix Manager....

Reason been that, it will be good to be able to add videos in realtime while the scheduler is working and one more addition is to have the now playing video highlighted in a colour code of either Green, Red or Blue... with that user can add videos in realtime to the scheduler just below the he current playing time...

Also, in the issue of adding adverts (e.g. 30secs, 45secs, 60secs) adverts inbetween videos.. e.g.

Assumming there's a 60mins video playing between 8pm and 9pm... the ability to split the clip into a commercial break after every 15mins or 12mins to insert the ads.

Regards,
Rottimmy

macjaeger  
#60 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 6:27:02 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Quote:
My immediate suggestion now will be how we can merger the vMix Controller and vMix Manager....

I won't merge the two applications, there's a reason why they were separated. I created vMix Controller to be run on the same machine as vMix itself, while a manager could run on any machine (not my manager, as it relies on absolut paths). I will enhance the applications in a way so that someone else could build a much more comfortable manager application, e.g. add a NLE-like timeline, or a drag'n'drop slot system. To achieve that goal, i must seperate the functionality and define a clean interface - at the moment the interface is the xml-file, but i might rework that part now.

Anyway: i'm going to test vMix 10 next weekend, and will adapt controller & manager to the new possibilities then. I hope i can get a good way ahead before summer holidays.
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
MrFreeze on 8/13/2013(UTC)