logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StepBackInTime_TV  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 8:49:50 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm trying to create a multi-view input, in which one of the layers is changed by an audio trigger. I've got it working, but run into an issue:

The set-up:

Input 01: Camera

Input 17: Microphone - Trigger: OnAudioMeterDB12 SetMultiViewOverlay 65:HostAuto Value 5,1

Input 65: HostAuto

When I speak into the Mic, vMix sets layer 5 in input 65 to input 1. Cool.

Problem is though, if input 65 is in output (even embedded), the trigger doesn't work. Is there a way around this?

Many thanks for any help!

P.S. I am doing this to try and avoid having to create many separate composite inputs for host/guest side-by-side et al - in theory, this would enable a single multi-view (of a side-by-side host & guest - for example) to automatically have the inputs set for the current speakers. I can see the advantage of the layers not being changed while they are live on the air, but I wondered if it is possible to over-ride this behavior somehow?

Giles.
Bamboo  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 8:50:10 AM(UTC)
Bamboo

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Giles,

Did you ever find a work around for this? I'm trying to pop into full screen view from an embedded frame in multiview, then time it to allow the frame to be in full screen mode for 15 seconds, then merge back into the original input scene. I've tried all the tricks I can come up with, but may need to have a human push a button every 15 seconds after it goes full screen. Ideas welcome!

Paul

Originally Posted by: StepBackInTime_TV Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to create a multi-view input, in which one of the layers is changed by an audio trigger. I've got it working, but run into an issue:

The set-up:

Input 17: Microphone - Trigger: OnAudioMeterDB12 SetMultiViewOverlay 65:HostAuto Value 5,1

Problem is though, if input 65 is in output (even embedded), the trigger doesn't work. Is there a way around this?

P.S. I am doing this to try and avoid having to create many separate composite inputs for host/guest side-by-side et al - in theory, this would enable a single multi-view (of a side-by-side host & guest - for example) to automatically have the inputs set for the current speakers. I can see the advantage of the layers not being changed while they are live on the air, but I wondered if it is possible to over-ride this behavior somehow?

Giles.

MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 4:30:44 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
For timing, you could use simple title input which has countdown attached to it. Then use OnCountdownCompleted trigger on the title input to trigger the desired function. This way you can visually see how long will the input be in the full screen and also you can cancel it if needed. You could use a trigger with 15000ms delay but you can not cancel it, so it is kinda slippery slope there.

Originally Posted by: Bamboo Go to Quoted Post
Giles,

Did you ever find a workaround for this? I'm trying to pop into full screen view from an embedded frame in multiview, then time it to allow the frame to be in full screen mode for 15 seconds, then merge back into the original input scene. I've tried all the tricks I can come up with, but may need to have a human push a button every 15 seconds after it goes full screen. Ideas welcome!

Paul

Originally Posted by: StepBackInTime_TV Go to Quoted Post

The set-up:

Giles.