logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:54:10 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

is there a technical reason why vMixCall is limited to 720 when WebRTC has overtaken this limitation?

It'd be great to be able to do 1080 in vMix to vMix workflows and not only for remote guests (ex: NDI.Cloud) with 5 to 8 Mbits bitrates.

Thanks
Guillaume
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:49:40 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
+1

Guillaume beat me to it.

I understand that if my guest uses a browser, then a higher than 720p resolution might be "negotiated." But I want my guest using vMix to be able to select a higher resolution if her bandwidth will support it.
mashynewie2  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 5:41:16 PM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
+1

Yes I was wondering why I couldn't get over 720p. Please enable 1080p if possible :)
corporatejames  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 9:03:54 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
+1
I was looking at using VMix Call for Remote Production
eg Production could be another part of the building and control the Commentators
Laptop etc. I know NDI can do this but may not able to access the same network so VMixCall can over come this limitation of NDI.
Also could be in a Studio/Home Office and receive the game or even a ISO video of the game with no graphics to
do scouting or social media work etc. Could send a coach who is unable to make it to the game a iso of the main camera so they can watch.
So 1080p would be good for this if peoples bandwidth supports it and your host machine.

tonylightfoot  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 9:35:00 PM(UTC)
tonylightfoot

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1

BTW Has anyone had any issues with corporate firewalls? I'm trying to connect to a client but he's not able to send his video nor is he able to see mine
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:58:45 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
I was looking at using VMix Call for Remote Production
eg Production could be another part of the building and control the Commentators
Laptop etc. I know NDI can do this but may not able to access the same network so VMixCall can over come this limitation of NDI.
Also could be in a Studio/Home Office and receive the game or even a ISO video of the game with no graphics to
do scouting or social media work etc. Could send a coach who is unable to make it to the game a iso of the main camera so they can watch.
So 1080p would be good for this if peoples bandwidth supports it and your host machine.

Hi James

I really doubt the audio quality of vMixCall might suffice for commentators on the type of production you're doing. In this case, audio is more important than video I believe...

Did you consider NDI.Cloud? There is a beta program at the moment. It's really interesting and works pretty well with much better AV quality. It's a little more complicated to setup but it's ok.

Guillaume
admin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:02:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Guillaume,

Could you run some tests and provide us with some audio samples before commenting further on the supposed low quality audio in vMix Call.
64kbps Opus is close to lossless for speech, it is only when using high quality music tracks that the difference between something like a 384kbps MP3 becomes apparent.

I suspect there is another issue at play in your particular situation, I don't want other people on this forum getting the wrong impression about the audio quality
in vMix.
DWAM  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:51:53 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Sorry Martin

I did more tests in vMix to vMix situation where audio is really good I fully agree.

Apologies.
Guillaume
corporatejames  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:59:11 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Been testing the video and Audio and have not seen much difference in audio quality. I agree with Martin.

Yes been using NDI and tested NDi cloud. Just this is another great new feature in Vmix that is worth seeing and testing what it can be used for and playing to see what is possible. Even if sometimes we may strench the limits, exciting new ideas can be acheived.