logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lael  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:24:32 AM(UTC)
lael

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

We're trying to run a streaming set up with 3 cameras. We've been able to borrow 3 E-M5ii's, but we're finding that we can't get the video stream from the HDMI out to show up in Vmix.
The output pushes straight through HDMI to a monitor with the expected high quality, but we can't get it to appear anywhere in VMix.

Input chain is through Camera>HDMI>BlackMagic HDMI-SDI Battery converter>SDI Cable>Decklink Duo SDI capture card>VMix.

An XA25 works fine both directly into the Decklink Duo through SDI and also using HDMI output through the above input chain.
We've also tested using a Nikon 7100, through the above output chain - also works fine.

Any suggestions?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:42:16 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

do you see the signal in Blackmagic Media Express and Blackmagic Control Panel?

If yes, did you try to switch video format to RGB32 when setting the input in vMix?
Ittaidv  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 8:29:36 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
If that doesnt work, try checking if the camera is set to 1080p 60 and setting it to 1080 50i. It might be something in the chain can't handle 60p.
lael  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:37:23 AM(UTC)
lael

Thanks for the suggestions - the signal is set to 1080p, 25fps, same as the input on VMix.
RGB32 gives an err message in Vmix, UYVY can be selected, but makes no difference.

There are Fine, Super Fine options etc for the Olympus, which changes the bitrate. Is there a set rate that Vmix can / can't handle?

I'm not familiar with BM Media Express and control panel - how do I use them? (looking it up as well).
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 6:02:40 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Blackmagic Control Panel, called now Desktop Video Setup, as its name indicates, is not an optional utility.
It is used to set up your inputs in the capture card.

Check BMD website for the documentation about it (which might also be installed on your computer) and when you have a valid signal definition in it, then you can use vMix.
lael  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 7:32:30 AM(UTC)
lael

Thanks - it was on the computer as stated. I've updated the version of it. Interesting situation - The Decklink duo ports don't show up any input information. I've got the XA25 connected to the SDI direct. Signal is showing up in Media Express, but no information on the input in Desktop Video Setup. Any ideas?
DWAM  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 8:01:49 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

How did you setup your camera(s) output ?

The XA25 can output up to 1080i50 on SDI and up to 1080p50 on HDMI

For SDI connection make sure to set it with 1080i50, and same for Desktop Video Setup. If it's ok then:

Set the XA25 to 1080i50 (or 60 depending on your location) on HDMI output. Check the HDMI status in the menu: it should say 1080i50.
Now set Desktop Video Setup with the same settings on your SDI input and validate: it should report "SDI 1080i50" in video in column

If it doesn't work, maybe your HDMI to SDI converter is the problem

I don't know the E-M5 but the same config must be done. Check the manual to get information how to reproduce this config on this device.
lael  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:26:06 AM(UTC)
lael

It is interesting - the xa25 is putting out 1080i50, and the capture card still selects that, rather than the 25p that is selected for it. The capture card is a decklink duo.

I'm having trouble trying to change the input in Desktop Video Setup - the program doesn't seem to give options for chaning the input values. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

DWAM wrote:
How did you setup your camera(s) output ?

The XA25 can output up to 1080i50 on SDI and up to 1080p50 on HDMI

For SDI connection make sure to set it with 1080i50, and same for Desktop Video Setup. If it's ok then:

Set the XA25 to 1080i50 (or 60 depending on your location) on HDMI output. Check the HDMI status in the menu: it should say 1080i50.
Now set Desktop Video Setup with the same settings on your SDI input and validate: it should report "SDI 1080i50" in video in column

If it doesn't work, maybe your HDMI to SDI converter is the problem

I don't know the E-M5 but the same config must be done. Check the manual to get information how to reproduce this config on this device.

DWAM  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:49:36 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
It is interesting - the xa25 is putting out 1080i50, and the capture card still selects that, rather than the 25p that is selected for it. The capture card is a decklink duo.

I think you are confusing. The output setting is only used when you use the card physical outputs.
Here only input setting is important.
So I understand it works so far...

Quote:
I'm having trouble trying to change the input in Desktop Video Setup - the program doesn't seem to give options for chaning the input values. What am I missing?

Yes sorry my mistake, input cannot be changed manually anymore (as it was before with older Desktop utility)
So it only detects signal coming in according to your camera output settings

Did you try both SDI and HDMI outputs for the XA25? Does vMix get the signal now? (your project should be set to 1080i50 or 1080p25)